Gigabyte choppy Bluetooh audio

hafiz116

Reaction score
Hi all,

I see a lot of people complaining about this online and its driving me up the wall on my system. I had an update that popped up before the damn OS started to mess up that "I think" updated the Bluetooth drivers and it was working well for a short while.

Since I had the OS issues I have reformatted and its back to being choppy with no update via the Gigabyte App center in sight. Anyone come across this and managed to actually fix it?

TIA!

hafiz116

Reaction score
Depend on the bluetooth hardware that is embedded into your mobo. You can download from the OEM site. Below is for Intel.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...reless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=59485

OK I had a good think about the issue and remembered that I did the upgrade to the F12e bios from the Gigabyte website.

Turns out downgrading the bios to the recommended F11 version that Gigabyte App Center seems to resolve the issue. Will monitor of the next few days and will update the thread.

hafiz116

Reaction score
OK so far the Bluetooth is better but still choppy every now and then especially when running 4K youtube videos. Will need to check games as that was also affected - driving me nuts.

I am using Bluetooth audio for now until I have managed to upgrade my study area. At that point I will get a set of decent wired speakers to overcome this nonsense.

Reaction score
OK so far the Bluetooth is better but still choppy every now and then especially when running 4K youtube videos. Will need to check games as that was also affected - driving me nuts.

I am using Bluetooth audio for now until I have managed to upgrade my study area. At that point I will get a set of decent wired speakers to overcome this nonsense.

Buy a USB Bluetooth Dongle.
Atas one with aptx hd available as well.

hafiz116

Reaction score
Buy a USB Bluetooth Dongle.
Atas one with aptx hd available as well.

I'm very disappointing as I have the so-called best motherboard and having to deal with this!

Funny thing is it works pretty well with PS4 joypads. But AUDIO - NOPE!

Will live with it IF there really is no real fix until ** is over and I can get someone in to rip down my study area and rebuild it.

saif07

Reaction score
I thought I’m the only one with the issue since I’m using aorus board also. Connecting to other peripherals seems ok but no luck with m50x headphone.

hafiz116

Reaction score
I thought I’m the only one with the issue since I’m using aorus board also. Connecting to other peripherals seems ok but no luck with m50x headphone.

Mine is not working well with Amazon Echo 3rd gen speakers. I have 2 but Amazon locked down the stereo pair to only work in their echo system so no stereo pair for my PC.

Reaction score
I'm very disappointing as I have the so-called best motherboard and having to deal with this!

Funny thing is it works pretty well with PS4 joypads. But AUDIO - NOPE!

Will live with it IF there really is no real fix until ** is over and I can get someone in to rip down my study area and rebuild it.

:s8:
You need to re-adjust your expectations with build-in features.

You can buy a
UGREEN Original Wireless USB Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle Audio Receiver Transmitter
Under SGD$10.
https://shopee.sg/UGREEN-Original-W...io-Receiver-Transmitter-i.64922680.1148147460

If you want aptxHD and Bluetooth 5, you need to pay more.

Maybe also not enough band with your PS4 controller?
Try using it for Audio only.

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your board using intel wifi and BT right?

Maybe u can update the driver not sure if this been done. I suspect is driver issue.

Have u pair with another BT earphone yet?

hafiz116

Reaction score
Your board using intel wifi and BT right?

Maybe u can update the driver not sure if this been done. I suspect is driver issue.

Have u pair with another BT earphone yet?

Yes its Intel WiFi and BT. I have messed around with different bios versions which did seem to make a slight difference,.. paired with different speakers since I have more than 1 and its still crap.

The latest thing I just tested was upgrading the driver as suggested by bendwolf in the link below - Thanks for the suggestion, seems to be working a lot better so far but I'll update again in a day or 2.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29538/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=59485

Gigabyte do a terrible job of keeping drivers up to date. Just for reference they are still pushing out driver version 21.50.1.1 and Intel have version 21.90.2.1 listed as the latest.

I have gone ahead and installed Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to avoid silly problems like this in future.

Last edited:

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes its Intel WiFi and BT. I have messed around with different bios versions which did seem to make a slight difference,.. paired with different speakers since I have more than 1 and its still crap.

The latest thing I just tested was upgrading the driver as suggested by bendwolf in the link below - Thanks for the suggestion, seems to be working a lot better so far but I'll update again in a day or 2.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29538/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=59485

Oh okey driver update. I use to have this issue until i upgrade the BT card driver. It helps. :)

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also use giga x570 master F11, on latest windows, no issue with BT over creative outlier gold listening to music and zoom cisco calls.

In fact, it is very convenient, since my connection is displayport to monitor + BT earbud + usb out to external dac. I turned off the integrated sound in bios and uninstall realtek audio drivers. :o

This way can auto switch between my sound devices, default is monitor speakers, if i turn on dac, auto sound to speakers, and if i win+A turn on BT, auto to creative outlier.

i find the gigabtye intel wifi/BT antennae good 4m coverage even though i placed in under my table.

_DeS__

Reaction score
Stupid qns but have to ask, you connect the antenna already ?

Last edited:

hafiz116

Reaction score
Stupid qns but have to ask, you connect the antenna already ?

Yep,.. so far the fix does seem to be the drivers directly downloaded from Intel. No choppy sound yet,.. lets see how it goes for the next day or so.

Reaction score
I use

dg60-spec-1.png

Avantree DG60
BT5.0 Bluetooth USB Audio Transmitter with aptX-HD
https://avantree.com/dg60-bluetooth-usb-audio-transmitter

Almost as good as wired.

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably is driver conflict with gigabyte app i dont install them or at the speaker sides, i think bluetooth speakers are more picky then earbuds.

cos' the built-in is using intel chips while most usb ones are realtek.

hafiz116

Reaction score
Probably is driver conflict with gigabyte app i dont install them or at the speaker sides, i think bluetooth speakers are more picky then earbuds.

cos' the built-in is using intel chips while most usb ones are realtek.

It’s resolved now. The solution was to go directly to intel’s website and get the very latest Drivers. So far no more choppy nonsense so looks like it’s holding up this time.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.