The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

tonyep

Reaction score
Besides the B550 motherboards, does anyone know if the X570 going to see a refresh for the Zen 3 release? I am keen on an ITX build next but wont do one unless I can get the front panel USB-C support.

X670 should be out along with the Zen 3.

hafiz116

Reaction score
B550 + itx + usb-c header ?

b550-strix-i-hero.jpg

B550-Phantom-Gaming-ITXaxL2-740x617.png

Fantastic,.. finally an ITX board with a USB-C header. This might well be my next board. Will wait to see what 4000 has to offer before confirming my ITX build. As of now I know it will be in the NZXT H1 casing,.. yes it will be hot but its going to be my secondary system.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
X670 should be out along with the Zen 3.

Yes, there was some news/rumors about X670, but its been quiet on it for some time. I feel they may retain their X570 stack so as to align with the B550 series. If X670 is really in their plans, then I hope they get rid of the cooler on the motherboard.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fantastic,.. finally an ITX board with a USB-C header. This might well be my next board. Will wait to see what 4000 has to offer before confirming my ITX build. As of now I know it will be in the NZXT H1 casing,.. yes it will be hot but its going to be my secondary system.

I got the ripped off version, tecware nexus :p

Using asRock now but they stopped any firmware update after 1-2years is something i dont quite agree with.

Which manufacturer will cover u for a long run in terms of fwupdates, any?

Last edited:

contacted

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some advise and opinions for a motherboard choice. With a budget of around 350 SGD, that is what I'm guessing the MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk Wifi will come around at. I was thinking if you guys know of any other boards (b550/x570) that I can consider. This is to pair with a R5 3600 or 3600x.

Needs:
ATX
USB Type-C front header
Wifi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax) / Bluetooth 5

Optional:
Aorus Wifi Antenna (love the design and mangetic base)

Here are some of the ones that I've found so far.

A good option is the X570 AORUS PRO WIFI, but thats quite expensive.

Thanks in advance!

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Goodness the h510 case is really challenging to fix..cannot get the top fan to fix after getting in the CPU power connector..*sweat*

contacted

Reaction score
Goodness the h510 case is really challenging to fix..cannot get the top fan to fix after getting in the CPU power connector..*sweat*

You removed the top exhaust fan before putting in the mobo?

What's your fan setup gonna be?

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You removed the top exhaust fan before putting in the mobo?

What's your fan setup gonna be?

front in take, top and rear exhaust bah...
Currently Top and Rear fan not spinning.. hmm
any idea? first time i encounter such behavior... CPU Fan/AIO is spinning.

managed to POST the rig but still waiting for NVME SSD to isntall the OS. now can take a rest le

Y5gkhE0.jpg

contacted

Reaction score
front in take, top and rear exhaust bah...
Currently Top and Rear fan not spinning.. hmm
any idea? first time i encounter such behavior... CPU Fan/AIO is spinning.

managed to POST the rig but still waiting for NVME SSD to isntall the OS. now can take a rest le

Y5gkhE0.jpg

That's kinda weird. Plugged into the fan headers on the mobo right? Why not try plugging the top fan into the CPU fan header.

I seen some reviews of the h510, especially the Gamer Nexus one. It seems that the front intake fans don't help much, just the 2 exhausts in the default configuration is sufficient.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's kinda weird. Plugged into the fan headers on the mobo right? Why not try plugging the top fan into the CPU fan header.

I seen some reviews of the h510, especially the Gamer Nexus one. It seems that the front intake fans don't help much, just the 2 exhausts in the default configuration is sufficient.

Thanks. something not right with the board... when plug the fan into CPU_OPT it spins....

i'm not alone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comments/d380be/aorus_elite_x570_cpu_fan_doesnt_spin_after_reboot/

ya the front intake is basically blocked by the unremovable front panel, airflow in will be limited.. so cannot OC much as well haha.

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yea read about this too. Front intake is good if you have a stack of 3.5 HDDs.

contacted

Reaction score
Thanks. something not right with the board... when plug the fan into CPU_OPT it spins....

ya the front intake is basically blocked by the unremovable front panel, airflow in will be limited.. so cannot OC much as well haha.

My CPU cooler has 2 fans. I thinking of moving the exhaust one to the front just to pull in some air. Since that fan is so close to the rear fan.

Yea read about this too. Front intake is good if you have a stack of 3.5 HDDs.

Ah okk, noted on this. Thanks.

contacted

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some advise and opinions for a motherboard choice. With a budget of around 350 SGD, that is what I'm guessing the MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk Wifi will come around at. I was thinking if you guys know of any other boards (b550/x570) that I can consider. This is to pair with a R5 3600 or 3600x.

Needs:
ATX
USB Type-C front header
Wifi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax) / Bluetooth 5

Optional:
Aorus Wifi Antenna (love the design and mangetic base)

Here are some of the ones that I've found so far.

A good option is the X570 AORUS PRO WIFI, but thats quite expensive.

Thanks in advance!

Help? :s22:
Thanks.

hafiz116

Reaction score
Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) is a good reviewed board that fits your budget.

Sorry, this one does not have the USB-C front header.

You might want to check out the Asrock X570 Taichi as that does address your needs but may burst past budget slightly.

Last edited:

contacted

Reaction score
Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) is a good reviewed board that fits your budget.

Sorry, this one does not have the USB-C front header.

You might want to check out the Asrock X570 Taichi as that does address your needs but may burst past budget slightly.

Ah ok thanks.. but yea without the Type C front header and Wifi 6 will give this a pass.

Wow the Taichi is expensive though, I think will just got for the x570 Tomahawk. Thanks again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.