Treasure at Tampines

Ohw123

Reaction score
Just imagine staying with 2199 other families in that huge estate. ohh... about half will be rented out to foreigners staying nearby. so that will mean a good portion of Indian, Filipino and other nationalities. If you can endure that, don't forget that most of the singaporeans there will be the newly-rich singaporeans. So there'll be lots of stomping and photo taking during any sort of injustice. good luck enduring all that!

Hey hey no negativity to kidozzzzzzzzzzzz

surferpunk

Reaction score
Hey hey no negativity to kidozzzzzzzzzzzz

don't get me wrong. That's exactly what I was thinking when I wanna buy treasures. so I end up aiming for a more expensive condo instead. then I see my money, cannot afford yet. so I LLST go back to HDB first. wait another 5 years then I can see if can afford or not.

if u buy to rent out, it's okay. but buy to stay? consider more pls.

Ohw123

Reaction score
don't get me wrong. That's exactly what I was thinking when I wanna buy treasures. so I end up aiming for a more expensive condo instead. then I see my money, cannot afford yet. so I LLST go back to HDB first. wait another 5 years then I can see if can afford or not.

if u buy to rent out, it's okay. but buyers to stay? consider more pls.

But if it were me, I wouldn’t want to buy a unit there to rent too. Once the condo TOP, you will be competing with possibly more than half of the condo owners to rent out a unit. And because of that, many units will remain vacant for a long time. And if owners can’t bear to wait any longer for tenants, they might mark down their asking price. This causes like a ripple effect. Other owners who want to rent out their unit too might see others’ lower rental prices. This may lead them to decrease asking prices to remain competitive...

In conclusion, not an ideal investment condo for rental

rlskyline

Master Member
Reaction score
Just imagine staying with 2199 other families in that huge estate. ohh... about half will be rented out to foreigners staying nearby. so that will mean a good portion of Indian, Filipino and other nationalities. If you can endure that, don't forget that most of the singaporeans there will be the newly-rich singaporeans. So there'll be lots of stomping and photo taking during any sort of injustice. good luck enduring all that!

agree with u on the so called newly rich. this group think staying in condo is big deal. lol

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Treasure at Tampines,
Caveat from launch(March 2019) to 17 May 2020.

1135 out of 2203 sold. Translating to 51.5%.
Land acquired in Aug 2017 for $676ppr psf.

5.5 years ends Q1 2023.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Treasure at Tampines,
Caveat from launch(March 2019) to 17 May 2020.

1135 out of 2203 sold. Translating to 51.5%.
Land acquired in Aug 2017 for $676ppr psf.

5.5 years ends Q1 2023.

Commendable.
Any normal mega project half it’s size already deem as 100% sold.
Quantum still plays a part.

surferpunk

Reaction score
Commendable.
Any normal mega project half it’s size already deem as 100% sold.
Quantum still plays a part.

almost every agent recommending that bro! $150 maintenance is super cheap! where else can get that cheap. mature estate somemore. sell that idea to 10000 potential buyers, I'm sure 10% will buy. most of these should be first time private property buyer. or just foreigners converting from rental to ownership.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
almost every agent recommending that bro! $150 maintenance is super cheap! where else can get that cheap. mature estate somemore. sell that idea to 10000 potential buyers, I'm sure 10% will buy. most of these should be first time private property buyer. or just foreigners converting from rental to ownership.

Yap, attractive for upgraders, round market next to it some more. No problem getting food, groceries.
Just that I cannot imagine what will be the scenario like living with 2200 units.
Saw the layout, all blocks packed like sardine, some only 23m apart.
If not so many units, can still consider.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

###

Is cheap always good?

What are the chances of booking the tennis court with 2200 household and their friends possibly wanting to play as well?

Atas feel?

Last edited:

Ohw123

Reaction score
###

Is cheap always good?

What are the chances of booking the tennis court with 2200 household and their friends possibly wanting to play as well?

Atas feel?

If kidozzzzzz doesn’t play tennis, this won’t be a very big problem

But for those who play tennis very often, this will be a major drawback

Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If kidozzzzzz doesn’t play tennis, this won’t be a problem

But for those who play tennis very often, this will be a major drawback

###

That is a typical agent question (not to say you are one)

A asked ‘do you play tennis?’
My reply ‘ yes, very regularly. Even if I do not, if I sell in 5 to 7 years, why would I want to exclude potential buyers who play tennis? Or for that matter if I were to rent, would I want to exclude potential tenants who play?

###

Last edited:

Ohw123

Reaction score
###

My reply ‘ yes, very regularly. Even if I do not, if I sell in 5 to 7 years, why would I want to exclude potential buyers who play tennis? Or for that matter if I were to rent, would I want to exclude potential tenants who play?

###

I know this. This will definitely be a concern for investors. However, I remember kidozzzz saying he’s buying for mid term own stay abt 7 years. I guess lifestyle would be one of the priorities. If it doesn’t affect his lifestyle, it won’t be the biggest factor to consider. But definitely, it will affect kidozzzz if he meets up with a potential buyer who plays tennis in the future.

Last edited:

Clazav

Reaction score
Yes that is a valid point. Once I went to Forest wood, the agent told me most people don't play tennis hence they don't have a tennis court, making good use of the land area. I was like, yeah I don't play tennis, but I still wanna have a tennis court.

And please don't replace tennis court with a badminton court (from a certain ec).

###

###

Ohw123

Reaction score
Yes that is a valid point. Once I went to Forest wood, the agent told me most people don't play tennis hence they don't have a tennis court, making good use of the land area. I was like, yeah I don't play tennis, but I still wanna have a tennis court.

And please don't replace tennis court with a badminton court (from a certain ec).

Yea there are condos which purposely don’t build a tennis court
e.g. Woodleigh Residences in order to stick to their Japanese Zen theme

Ohw123

Reaction score

But what if some ppl prefer to play badminton instead :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.