Treasure at Tampines

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes that is a valid point. Once I went to Forest wood, the agent told me most people don't play tennis hence they don't have a tennis court, making good use of the land area. I was like, yeah I don't play tennis, but I still wanna have a tennis court.

And please don't replace tennis court with a badminton court (from a certain ec).

##

The issue with not even having a tennis court is the condo will be marketed as no full condo facilities. The market norm is that full condo facilities include a tennis court.

Back to your example on WR. The only newer development in that area with full condo fac is PC. Neither WR nor Trever Nor Poiz Nor venue Nor SR.... has full..

Don’t worry, I am not vested in PC

##

Ohw123

Reaction score
##

The issue with not even having a tennis court is the condo will be marketed as no full condo facilities. The market norm is that full condo facilities include a tennis court.

Back to your example on WR. The only newer development in that area with full condo fac is PC. Neither WR nor Trever Nor Poiz Nor venue Nor SR.... has full..

Don’t worry, I am not vested in PC

##

Wait... which facility is SR lacking???? Or do you mean Sernnett residences?

Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know this. This will definitely be a concern for investors. However, I remember kidozzzz saying he’s buying for mid term own stay abt 7 years. I guess lifestyle would be one of the priorities. If it doesn’t affect his lifestyle, it won’t be the biggest factor to consider. But definitely, it will affect kidozzzz if he meets up with a potential buyer who plays tennis in the future.

##

To stretch this further,...
If you do not intend to use the court or the function room etc (2200 units booking and sharing) and do not swim...

Does staying inside the enclosed walls feel much more atas than the hdb blocks around?

You may be surprised to find more people walking in the condo than around butterfly Park and hdb area outside...

Just sharing my two cents

##

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just roughly counted... my cluster here has 9 blocks with about 1.5k units lol... so if I were to stay in one of these mega development, it will be something like that. Then I tried to recall... hmm the human and vehicle traffic... looks like normal, nothing shocking or what. But of cuz in a pte ppty, may expect more car ownership. But for a 2.2k development... it would be like my place now adding 4 more blocks... can tahan or not? Hmm...

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just roughly counted... my cluster here has 9 blocks with about 1.5k units lol... so if I were to stay in one of these mega development, it will be something like that. Then I tried to recall... hmm the human and vehicle traffic... looks like normal, nothing shocking or what. But of cuz in a pte ppty, may expect more car ownership. But for a 2.2k development... it would be like my place now adding 4 more blocks... can tahan or not? Hmm...

Please note pre and during covid is different. Also, weekends v weekday,

Pre covid, I have visited friend in dleedon during weekend, this is one step higher.
Also different people have different tolerance.

If you are happy and have money please buy...
(Caveat: not my advice ah)

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yap, attractive for upgraders, round market next to it some more. No problem getting food, groceries.
Just that I cannot imagine what will be the scenario like living with 2200 units.
Saw the layout, all blocks packed like sardine, some only 23m apart.
If not so many units, can still consider.

I visited the show flat, walked to place, looked at surrounding during launch because of reasonable pricing...

Was deciding and came to the same conclusion as you, after considering the sheer numbers and spacing and roads leading in/out etc...

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please note pre and during covid is different. Also, weekends v weekday,

Pre covid, I have visited friend in dleedon during weekend, this is one step higher.
Also different people have different tolerance.

If you are happy and have money please buy...
(Caveat: not my advice ah)

Haha no la not gonna buy any. Just trying imagine/correlate the number of residents...

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha no la not gonna buy any. Just trying imagine/correlate the number of residents...

##

Not proper correlate in hdb open area versus condo enclosed area...

That was one reason during strict **, they are allowed to exercise and walk their dogs in public areas, but not within condo area... have you considered why?

##

Ohw123

Reaction score
##

To stretch this further,...
If you do not intend to use the court or the function room etc (2200 units booking and sharing) and do not swim...

Does staying inside the enclosed walls feel much more atas than the hdb blocks around?

You may be surprised to find more people walking in the condo than around butterfly Park and hdb area outside...

Just sharing my two cents

##

Swimming pool won’t be a concern since there’s 13 of them... but still... imagine how crowded the development would be

And I feel that many ECs (not to mention hdb) has better design than T@T

But the thing ECs can’t win over T@T is the location

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Post Covid, many will be getting bigger sized condo.
Too small for WFH.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.