Tcl tv can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garettlim

Reaction score
Hi all, is there a big difference between 55p8m and 50p8s since there are priced the same at 599?

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, is there a big difference between 55p8m and 50p8s since there are priced the same at 599?
P8S comes with wide color gamut, bezel less design and higher brightness as compared to P8M. I chose 50P8S as I am fine with 50” and prefer the slimmer design and wide color gamut.

urobot

Reaction score
I bought 50 inch P8S at full prices last friday,on 2nd day watching youtube the tv got light bleeding from both side edge of the panel. A series of white led bulb with multicolor rainbow at the panel edge both sides. It's flicker for few seconds then back to normal.

Does anyone have this issues?

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone got guide to recommend picture settings?

Am running a 65C8

Unable to find any online.

Lemon1973

Reaction score
Just in case someone is looking for p8s 55inch. There is a someone in carousel selling it. They advertised for 43 50 55 65inches P8s

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought 50 inch P8S at full prices last friday,on 2nd day watching youtube the tv got light bleeding from both side edge of the panel. A series of white led bulb with multicolor rainbow at the panel edge both sides. It's flicker for few seconds then back to normal.

Does anyone have this issues?
I received the 50P8S from Giant yesterday and did not encounter the light bleeding issue from both side edge of the panel. However the corners of the panel are noticeably darker with bright backgrounds.

Anyway can't really complain too much for an 50" UHD Android TV at $599, it has a brighter screen with more saturated colors as compared to my previous Sharp LED TV. Watching HDR and UHD contents on Netflix is really a huge upgrade of viewing experience as compared to my previous HDTV.

I would just to need adjust my expectations according to the features and price point of the product.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just in case someone is looking for p8s 55inch. There is a someone in carousel selling it. They advertised for 43 50 55 65inches P8s

But the TCL distro didnt bring in 55P8S? Means carouseller set is PI stock and warranty thru them?

Lemon1973

Reaction score
But the TCL distro didnt bring in 55P8S? Means carouseller set is PI stock and warranty thru them?

Yup. Information they posted on specs linked to the Phillipines tcl site. And again the specs are different, more importantly includes upscaling functionality...dunno if can be believed though....haha

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. Information they posted on specs linked to the Phillipines tcl site. And again the specs are different, more importantly includes upscaling functionality...dunno if can be believed though....haha

Anyway, terrysim@carousell is alpha vision whereas tvpromotionsg@carousell stock are PI.

carrrt

Reaction score
Anyone got guide to recommend picture settings?

Am running a 65C8

Unable to find any online.

I'm using these:
Colour temp: Warm
Tint 47
Bright: 49
Contrast: 77
Colour Sat: 49
Black Level: 47
Gamma: 0

CLARITY (menu)
Sharpness; 50
Digital Noise Reduction OFF
Noise Reduction OFF

Motion: LED motion clear: Off
Micro dimming, Dynamic contrast, dynamic backlight all set to OFF

MZeee18

Reaction score
I just got the 50P8S model yesterday from Giant. I want ask how do I connect my Popsical Remix? I'm using HDMI ARC to connect soundbar to tv. HDMI from Popsical remix to tv HDMI 2. To enable the mics from Popsical, I was told it needs to be connected via aux. So I connected aux from Popsical to soundbar but no sound. Infact my tv will change mode. Anyone can assist

zeroflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Connected my old usb gamepad n tested alphalt 8.
Image is decent and menu navigating still smooth.
Gameplay still playable but will drop frame once lotsa things happening on screen.

SBrns1g.jpg

7hHIsOg.jpg

carrrt

Reaction score
But u have to manually switch on the soundbar, it will not auto switch on with the TV? Thanks for sharing

Soundbar auto turns on/off with TV, as its connected through ARC port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.