Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

MrCoconut

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/ba...return-wage-support-funding-to-the-government

"We have made a decision to give back the JSS funding to the Singapore government. We feel it is the right time to signal that companies like Citi are here for the long term, and that the well-being of the larger community in Singapore matters to us," said Citi Asean head and Singapore CEO Amol Gupte in an internal memo to staff as seen by The Business Times on Thursday.

:s12:

Nice move Citibank !

Salute those who return JSS to government.

Boo to the banks who did not or those that donated it eg Boehringer Ingelheim. You want to donate please use your own money.
Seems like they doing very well no need govt support. Jsm

Sent from robertson quay using GAGT

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought of the cimb acc for the interests. I scare go open now later they revise the interest because of the current situation.

CIMB not bad. Been keeping the account dormant with some float inside. The interest definitely better than the other 3 locals

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought of the cimb acc for the interests. I scare go open now later they revise the interest because of the current situation.

CIMB good in the sense is fuss free and won't deduct monthly even if inside left $10. I have been with CIMB for couple of years and at some point of time it is kosong but also no prob :) You can PM me if you want referral for CIMB Fastsaver :):)

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's a chance you have to take, but they've been pretty good about it in the past.

Long ago, their StarSaver accounts paid 0.9%p.a. In Sept 2010, they reduced it to 0.8%p.a; but all old accounts opened before still continue to get 0.9%p.a, even till today. :D

Of course, as always, "past performance is no guarantee of future results"; I would think even more so in unprecedented times like what is happening right now.

Last edited:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a chance you have to take, but they've been pretty good about it in the past.

Long ago, their StarSaver accounts paid 0.9%p.a. In Sept 2010, they reduced it to 0.8%p.a; but all old accounts opened before still continue to get 0.9%p.a, even till today. :D

Of course, as always, "past performance is no guarantee of future results"; I would think even more so in unprecedented times like what is happening right now.

Yes. Rare that banks make an effort to treasure old customers. I recall they also gave many months notice of the change of interest.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score

if I am not wrong, you need to maintain monthly giro $500 to get 0.9%, not sure if still applicable

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if I am not wrong, you need to maintain monthly giro $500 to get 0.9%, not sure if still applicable

You are wrong. If you had simply clicked on the link and read, you would have known that.

That is the base interest, and you only need to maintain a balance of $5k (or more) to earn it.

The current promotion is, if you increase your balance by $500 from the previous month, you get an extra 0.2% interest on your entire balance ; so, old accounts get 1.1% total, while newer accounts get 1.0% only.

Last edited:

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh okay, but I do not see it mentioned 0.9% base interest there

:s11: Not the link in the post that I just replied to you with; that was to show you where you might have been mistaken about the $500 top-up each month.

It's the link in your post, that you quoted and replied to. :s22:

If you're still unsure, and need a hint. It's just one line, and it it starts with:
"Daily interest will be paid..."

Last edited:

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Though this link for Citibank maxigain ? Now all side track to other bank....

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Though this link for Citibank maxigain ? Now all side track to other bank....

well current rate now is 0.5x0.3125+0.6%=0.75625% (and that is after counter 12 which is 1 year). sadly, maxigain has declined since late last year. cimb fastsaver can get more interest rates fuss free instantly and still can withdraw

GameTheory

Reaction score
well current rate now is 0.5x0.3125+0.6%=0.75625% (and that is after counter 12 which is 1 year). sadly, maxigain has declined since late last year. cimb fastsaver can get more interest rates fuss free instantly and still can withdraw

yea... with SIBOR so low, I see no reason keeping Maxigain Acc, closed my account earlier this month already.

Sad that this once amazing product is gone :/

flyboy

Reaction score
Byebye Maxigain. With one mth sibor so low, its not longer attractive to keep money here.

Will transfer out 1 June, and keep $15K (to avoid fall below fee) for one month, so as to collect the previous month interest, then close account liao.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Byebye Maxigain. With one mth sibor so low, its not longer attractive to keep money here.

Will transfer out 1 June, and keep $15K (to avoid fall below fee) for one month, so as to collect the previous month interest, then close account liao.

Actually how much interest can we get with just $15,000?

Now close account needs to go down bank branch physically to close, so troublesome

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.