Riveria Mrt

Brianfoo811

Reaction score
Hihi all just asking may i know when Riviera Mrt will be ready? Once the mrt ready all the house near there price sure increase? Am thinking to get a resale unit around that area. Think this is the more appropriate thread to ask since is homeseekers. Thanks!

Ohw123

Reaction score
Hihi all just asking may i know when Riviera Mrt will be ready? Once the mrt ready all the house near there price sure increase? Am thinking to get a resale unit around that area. Think this is the more appropriate thread to ask since is homeseekers. Thanks!

U mean the lrt station that will interchange with cross island line?

That part of the cross island line (which includes Riviera) will only be completed somewhere in 2030 or 2031

I don’t think we can 100% predict what the economic situation might be like in that point of time

But most likely will drive prices up

Last edited:

Brianfoo811

Reaction score
Hihi thanks for reply but sure there will be a riviera mrt in future yah? Just hope it can be faster completed.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SethNg

Reaction score
Construction of the four stations - Punggol, Riviera, Elias and Pasir Ris - will begin in 2022.

Punggol and Pasir Ris will be interchange stations - the former with the NEL, and the latter with the East-West Line as well as the main branch of the CRL, the first phase of which is expected to be completed by 2029.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ion-to-link-pasir-ris-punggol-estates-by-2031

stated completion 2029-2031(not sure how long's the delay due to Covid-19)

based on past stats housing prices tend to increase as a MRT in the immediate vicinity increases convenience and accessibility

Brianfoo811

Reaction score
Hihi all thanks for your valuable notices. Am thinking to get a 4 rm resale flat near the present riveria lrt. May I know will it be easy to get tenants before the new riveria mrt completed?

frigatex

Reaction score
If I remember, the buses that go to seletar, tampines, changi runs towards the west part of the town and then exit to expressway. So if you're looking at tenancy, central / west punggol may fare better. If driving, those nearest the two TPE exits of the town will also be preferred.

Riviera is current at a rather far flung part of the town. Only draw there is the prawn fishing and restaurants. Connectivity not great for now.

If you're getting resale, depending on the remaining lease, it will decrease by much more by the time the mrt comes. So you may find it hard to let go by then.

Brianfoo811

Reaction score
Hihi thanks for your insight frigatex just asking all too since there will be a confirmed Riveria mrt in future so getting a unit within 500 m walk to the future Riveria mrt considered not bad already yah? What are the pros and cons?

SethNg

Reaction score
pros:
accessibility/value in the future(10 years later)
convenient for living(punggol plaza, container park)
good view(unblocked unless you choose those facing inwards)

Cons:
if im not wrong the HDBs there are built around 2005, unless you're looking at the ones nearer to CC (older estates in punggol are seeing a drop in prices as there are always BTOs upcoming every year)
LRT's a pain

Tenancy(i assume room rental since there's MOP) should be fine, there are lots of transactions in punggol

Just curious - why Riviera instead of punggol mrt?

Brianfoo811

Reaction score
Hihi Seth happy holidays and really appreciate your reply. Am on a budget and am deciding to get a unit near the present riveria lrt which is the future Riveria mrt yah? Any chances the mrt will be completed earlier? 10 years is a very long time.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With a crunch of foreign workers in construction, highly doubt it can be completed earlier. Even more so it will be delayed instead.

Even current MRT projects like TEL, Circle line stage 6 are delayed indefinitely.
If covid situation deteriorates and manpower crunch persist, construction projects will see delay in completion. Hence 10 years is a good gauge for now.

Hihi Seth happy holidays and really appreciate your reply. Am on a budget and am deciding to get a unit near the present riveria lrt which is the future Riveria mrt yah? Any chances the mrt will be completed earlier? 10 years is a very long time.

Ohw123

Reaction score

No

Stage 1 of cross island line is set to be completed in 2029/ 2030

The stretch Riviera is along is stage 2 (i think) which will be completed later than stage 1

Last edited:

Ohw123

Reaction score
With a crunch of foreign workers in construction, highly doubt it can be completed earlier. Even more so it will be delayed instead.

Even current MRT projects like TEL, Circle line stage 6 are delayed indefinitely.
If covid situation deteriorates and manpower crunch persist, construction projects will see delay in completion. Hence 10 years is a good gauge for now.

Isn’t it stage 5 :o

SethNg

Reaction score
Hello Brian, happy holidays to you as well :D (cant tell weekdays/weekends and holidays apart already)

haha unfortunately i'm no SMRT staff, wont be able to give any advice on the completion date. In my own opinion i think the government tend to set a buffer from timeline, but currently it'll depend on how this covid situation progresses

Ohw123

Reaction score
Hello Brian, happy holidays to you as well :D (cant tell weekdays/weekends and holidays apart already)

haha unfortunately i'm no SMRT staff, wont be able to give any advice on the completion date. In my own opinion i think the government tend to set a buffer from timeline, but currently it'll depend on how this covid situation progresses

I remember the original expected completion is somewhere around 2031 :)

Brianfoo811

Reaction score
Hihi all so the riveria lrt area which is also the future Riveria mrt all those hdb units nearby within 500m walk will the prices increase due to the confirmation of the new mrt? If getting one of the units within 500m walk now think the price havent increase as the mrt still take quite a long time to complete? Will it be harder to nego for a better price for buyers too as now all know there will be a future Riveria mrt? Thanks in advance.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.