Tcl tv can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon1973

Reaction score
Any advice on this?

IMHO, both have their own issues.
Personally I will take the Phillips as 1)price is very similar, 2)P5 chip provides adequate upscaling and 3)3 years warranty. But then again I suppose you have to see if you like the picture the tv reproduce...

deathwardens

Reaction score
IMHO, both have their own issues.
Personally I will take the Phillips as 1)price is very similar, 2)P5 chip provides adequate upscaling and 3)3 years warranty. But then again I suppose you have to see if you like the picture the tv reproduce...

Kind of understand what you mean that's why i have yet to make a decision.
Too bad there's no where i can check out the Philips one at this moment. I was also thinking about the warranty part. Think Courts is 3 year, parts and labor.

Was wondering spec-wise, are they on par then? If they are, then the $200 is like paying for insurance then.

Lemon1973

Reaction score
Kind of understand what you mean that's why i have yet to make a decision.
Too bad there's no where i can check out the Philips one at this moment. I was also thinking about the warranty part. Think Courts is 3 year, parts and labor.

Was wondering spec-wise, are they on par then? If they are, then the $200 is like paying for insurance then.

Specs you take some give some. C8 definitely has got better sound , Phillips can confirm have upscaling, tcl not sure,some country site has it listed some dont, for sure our local site doesn't mentioned it. If you watch mostly 4k programs this doesn't matter but I think most of us dont. Brightness and contrast about the same, both VA panels I think. Support for HDR format same (anyway both not bright enough to capitalise on hdr anyway). Both android
TV , both have dual band wifi. Phillip's has 4 hdmi vs 3 for c8 I think.
I think most of us looking at tcl because it's like 30 to 40% cheaper than the big brands for comparable specs. Thus the popularity of the bang for bucks tcl p8m. For me if the price gap is like 100 to 200 bucks ..take Phillips IMHO. If no rush wait for retail shops to open, then you can see the tv and bargain for better price ....

deathwardens

Reaction score
Yup, my plan was to wait for the shops to open but given the current news, looks like it will be another month at least lol. My hall TV is kaput but good thing there are TVs in the rooms so i have been getting by. Let's see how long i can last.
My thoughts are close to yours, between the philips and C8, price is only $200 and i would lean towards Philips. If P8S vs philips, then the P8S price wins hands down.
Closest competitor i could think off is this other local brand i saw, Toasty. Prism+ also has a <$1k 65" but it is not Android if i remember right.

We and our 1st world headaches hahaha...

Lemon1973

Reaction score
Yup, my plan was to wait for the shops to open but given the current news, looks like it will be another month at least lol. My hall TV is kaput but good thing there are TVs in the rooms so i have been getting by. Let's see how long i can last.
My thoughts are close to yours, between the philips and C8, price is only $200 and i would lean towards Philips. If P8S vs philips, then the P8S price wins hands down.
Closest competitor i could think off is this other local brand i saw, Toasty. Prism+ also has a <$1k 65" but it is not Android if i remember right.

We and our 1st world headaches hahaha...

1year warranty I would take a chance with the carousel PI for samsung and even sony tv for much lower pricing I guess...haha.
Headache but lucky my old toshiba still holding well besides the sound going weird after a while...

Prism has got a fair bit of issue if you look at the pc monitor thread in hardwarezone....

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone help confirm if P8M and P8S have hdmi arc? Dun really see in the specs from various TCL websites.

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone help confirm if P8M and P8S have hdmi arc? Dun really see in the specs from various TCL websites.

https://www.tclelectronics.com.au/products/series-p-65-inch-p8s-quhd-tv-ai-in/

Both have hdmi Arc. Make sure turn on T-Link in the setting. It's for Arc.

~WindzStriker~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TCL only available at Giant ah ? i only read last few posts, like you all get from Giant :s13:

intending to get 65inch, any inputs ?

jsingh

Reaction score
Anyone can confirm if the tcl are digital ready? Especially the 55inch c8 model. Can plug antenna directly to tv or need digital setup box. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.