Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

green72

Reaction score
So eventually, Police can freeze bank account without notifying. But if I am the Victim that make the report for a authorized cash deposit transfer?

Police will investigate and if you have made a police report before the account freeze, they will consider you a victim instead of an accomplice of the UML.

Adrian87Chua

Reaction score
Police will investigate and if you have made a police report before the account freeze, they will consider you a victim instead of an accomplice of the UML.
I make the report myself then resulted into bank account freeze without any IO informed. I don’t think this is the correct SOP..

Last edited:

Adrian87Chua

Reaction score

I still consider a victim. I reported on the day itself when I receive an unauthorised transfer of $200 via cash deposit. IO only call me once, just to advice me to block all calls etc. then now freeze my bank account without letting me know. Now trying to call the IO but always can’t get thru. Seriously this SOP also crap..

Reaction score
I still consider a victim. I reported on the day itself when I receive an unauthorised transfer of $200 via cash deposit. IO only call me once, just to advice me to block all calls etc. then now freeze my bank account without letting me know. Now trying to call the IO but always can’t get thru. Seriously this SOP also crap..

Why dont u just call the bank instead?
A bank account frozen doesnt mean its always due police force. My bank account is being frozen due to default payments of bank loan/ credit cards For more than 3 months and also one time Late payments for income taxes.
Some authorities have the rights to ask bank to frozen account until payments are made.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
I make the report myself then resulted into bank account freeze without any IO informed. I don’t think this is the correct SOP..

Email your I/O if can't get him through calls. Mine was also uncontactable through office phone BUT I was able to get a reply quite promptly from my I/O.

Just give them sometime since you already reported it. Miscommunication somewhere.

I used email as my way to reply/ask from my I/O all the way until no more harassment. I believe they are super busy.

Last edited:

Adrian87Chua

Reaction score
Why dont u just call the bank instead?
A bank account frozen doesnt mean its always due police force. My bank account is being frozen due to default payments of bank loan/ credit cards For more than 3 months and also one time Late payments for income taxes.
Some authorities have the rights to ask bank to frozen account until payments are made.

Called bank. They asked me to call my IO. Having a hard time to contact my IO.
So he mention, police have the right to freeze bank account due to etc etc.
Now need wait for investigation so and so. Wah Lao eh as a Victim as least should informed beforehand. Then now due to this my salary etc all will delay

Kingsle

Reaction score
You mentioned LML but you mean UML right? Meaning you deal with them via hp only right?

We understand all victims worry these UML will send runners to their house to harass them.

From our experience they will when you start ghosting them. Also we learned that runners are the UML victims themselves. The UML will make a deal with them to eg. defer this week payment and order these victims aka runners to go to another victim house to harass.

So their runners ARE victims themselves, not professional out to hurt you or your family. UML are deemed the biggest wayang king in terms of harassment, talk big on phone or whatsapp but that's it. Some have shared that when they argue back and shout at the UML, the UML also taken aback.

So do the necessary like make police report, ghost on the uml and install cctv and in no time back to normalcy.

Please do read past posts on steps to stop loanshark harassment.I and many others can confirm it does work.

Yes thanks man I checked with my friends and police from the npc so far for what I know is that they normally won’t send any runner as their just purely scam and not uml

zhenghao

Reaction score
Yes, not trying to stress you but face the reality, LS might and will harass you at your home.

Letting everyone who you gave their details know, like your parents, is a must. They are your parents after all, getting scolded is part of the deal as children. We always make mistakes.

Even the harshest of parents will forgive their children.You NEED them to support you morally now in your darkest hour. Tell them, get scolded and I bet they will provide you support and comfort none of us here are able to. No parents will let or see their children get harass or suffer. Parental instinct will kicking.

My spouse and children gave me the strength when it was my darkest hour. You shouldn't suffer alone.

It's a big move but you MUST tell them before they get to know it themselves.

Regarding what to do next, do read up past few month post by others.

Stay strong.

Hi thanks for the advise, I haven't gotten any harassment thru phone calls and texts after the day I made a report, also didn't encounter suspicious ppl loitering near my hse, I wonder is it bcoz of the circuit breaker that is stopping them from harassing me at my hse.

zhenghao

Reaction score
Firstly, be open to your NOKs, telling people your mistakes beats having them find out the hard way. Besides, family will always support you and at least they can be on the lookout too.

Anyway the UML stunt all standard one, show you video of house kena splash paint, kena burn... Leave you voice messages threatening you, kill your family etc. Say will visit your workplace etc. At most they send runner to video your front door and scare you, say will lock you in and burn you.

Please lah, these dumb scammers are in Malaysia, all with their thrash talk.

Just block them, don't communicate with them, change phone number if possible.
They can't reach you, they can't disturb you.
Install CCTV and if you managed to video the runner, submit video to your IO.

Sleep well, eat well.

Hey thanks for the advise but are the scammers rlly from Malaysia tho?

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the advise but are the scammers rlly from Malaysia tho?

Yes. Most of the scammers are malaysian. But their runners are all in singapore, mostly their victims who willing to work for them to waive their debts. ( working for uml will get themselves in jail and rotan).
Please read the past few months threads here to see what and how uml engaged runners to harass their victims.
Stay alert always and report to police once they start their doorstep harassment

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the advise, I haven't gotten any harassment thru phone calls and texts after the day I made a report, also didn't encounter suspicious ppl loitering near my hse, I wonder is it bcoz of the circuit breaker that is stopping them from harassing me at my hse.

Circuit breaker maybe one of the reason.
It might be due to shortage of runners here. ( no fund to engage runners and penalty for runners are jail/fine and rotan )
Most of the time harassment may come after weeks or even months.
Stay alert, install cctv and report police asap once doorstep harassment start

Last edited:

waunderwall

Reaction score
please report to the police and close the acc immediately if you receive any money from UML. do not liaise or pass any money back to the UML anymore, otherwise you can be suspected of being the UML's accomplice.

furthermore, the money can be from another victim instead of the UML themselves. Once your account is reported by the victim, your acc will be frozen and you will need to suffer the inconveniences. hope my advice helps. NEVER ever go to UML for your loans!

green72

Reaction score
please report to the police and close the acc immediately if you receive any money from UML. do not liaise or pass any money back to the UML anymore, otherwise you can be suspected of being the UML's accomplice.

furthermore, the money can be from another victim instead of the UML themselves. Once your account is reported by the victim, your acc will be frozen and you will need to suffer the inconveniences. hope my advice helps. NEVER ever go to UML for your loans!

Nowadays UML come to you via SMS or Whatsapp instead of you finding them. Some even pretend to be from Licensed Money Lender.

I think gone are the days you meet Ah Long face to face to borrow, maybe still have but not heard for sometime.

As you can see, there always be new victims because their avenue to borrow from legal institutions are denied. Some borrow Ah Longs to settle debts from banks.

Anyway nowadays, all virtual Ah Longs now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nowadays UML come to you via SMS or Whatsapp instead of you finding them. Some even pretend to be from Licensed Money Lender.

I think gone are the days you meet Ah Long face to face to borrow, maybe still have but not heard for sometime.

As you can see, there always be new victims because their avenue to borrow from legal institutions are denied. Some borrow Ah Longs to settle debts from banks.

Most of the so call “Money lender” whose use sms/watsapp are not UML. They are Loan Scam. Their intention is not to use the illegal way to lend you money and earn a higher interest from their “ customer”. Best to say, they don't even have money to lend you. Their intention is to scam u.
These people are just scammers who impersonate moneylenders to make u fall into their trap then make use of the traditional loanshark tactic to to haunt u for money.
So do not fall into such scam “sms/watsapp loan”. Even if u r so desperate to find money. They will never help u but put u into more burden.

Last edited:

waunderwall

Reaction score

somemore with the covid-19 situation - things are really getting worse out there.

zhenghao

Reaction score
Circuit breaker maybe one of the reason.
It might be due to shortage of runners here. ( no fund to engage runners and penalty for runners are jail/fine and rotan )
Most of the time harassment may come after weeks or even months.
Stay alert, install cctv and report police asap once doorstep harassment start

Am I able to get the money back? Police shld be able to check on the acc right?

green72

Reaction score
Am I able to get the money back? Police shld be able to check on the acc right?

Whatever that has been transferred to UML is lost. Whatever that UML transferred to your account should remain there unless bank reverse transfer with SPF instruction or something like that.
SPF is more focused to stop the UML activities rather than recover money lost for victims.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Called bank. They asked me to call my IO. Having a hard time to contact my IO.
So he mention, police have the right to freeze bank account due to etc etc.
Now need wait for investigation so and so. Wah Lao eh as a Victim as least should informed beforehand. Then now due to this my salary etc all will delay

The moment you do any transfer from the account which received money, that account will become marked. Faster create new clean accounts so that your incoming money don't get stuck. Banks are clueless, they just freeze accounts if instructed by police, your money inside will be locked long time until investigations is complete.

happydonkey

Reaction score
What is LML? I got loan scam via WhatsApp a few days ago.

Made police report
Changed phone number.
Officer in charged say go atm machine transfer them back the $500 they gave me. No less.

They wanted $800 (means extra $300) but I learnt that I’d feed more they will keep it up and continue with harassment.
They went crazy and sent lots of messages and those burning photos to us. He told my wife that he will print my face and put everywhere in the block.

I’m honestly distraught. I asked the inspector he says if they really wanna do such things they won’t tell u. They just do it.

Can someone tell me these loan scams do they really come up to your place?

I also installed Cctv already. I’m still distraught. Though I changed my number my wife refused to. I just feel very upset and worried they will disturb my family.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.