Looks like my cpu performance is slightly faster than i3 7100u
uaFbLxs.png

3zju0tq.png

Kevin10

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for casual gaming?

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

I am using the Xiaomai 6A with MX250 Graphics to play CSGO and Dead By Daylight.. but of cos with Low settings. So far so good to my expectation.

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently looking at Diana’s E527 with the good screen Ryzen 5 2500U 8Gb (6Gb usable) and 240 ssd for 560 (after minus 20 coupon) is it worth it?

donut88

Reaction score
Currently looking at Diana’s E527 with the good screen Ryzen 5 2500U 8Gb (6Gb usable) and 240 ssd for 560 (after minus 20 coupon) is it worth it?

for this price, just get local Lenovo laptop, buy from online. it gives you more years of warranty and support.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you can stack more discount coupons, i.e. 40 off 400 HSBC card discount, it will be an even better deal. For the specs, I think the price is decent.

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I didn’t get the bank Voucher as I know gotten the standard charters but I don’t have standard charter card

If you can stack more discount coupons, i.e. 40 off 400 HSBC card discount, it will be an even better deal. For the specs, I think the price is decent.

dest86

Reaction score
I am using the Xiaomai 6A with MX250 Graphics to play CSGO and Dead By Daylight.. but of cos with Low settings. So far so good to my expectation.

how the battery life and does it heat up and produce lot of noise ?

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That same specs used to be 470 2 months ago.

Their ryzen series not worth because the batteryis 38wh and first gen mobile ryzen has high idle power. so you can expect only 2-3h of use. If you dont intend to use like laptop then its not a problem.

If you intend to game, you need dual channel ram so need to add in upgrade cost

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
Managed to get it at 550 (after 30 bucks voucher) Ryzen 5 2500U 8Gb ram (donno single or dual channel) 240gb SSD

Mainly used by fiancée for simultaneously YouTube music, FB game (pool and slot machines) and FB feed viewing and a few chrome tabs to find jobs and ms word for writing cv and job application.

As my Budget is 600 max as myself is going to lose my job soon by end of year due to no more funding.

The usable ram will be 5.9gb out of the 8 as 2Gb for the graphics. At most can get a sodimm (2nd Hand) to make it 16gb (14gb usable).

As for SSD does anyone know the default 240gb is it nvme m2 slot? Does it have a slot for sata SSD as I have a spare zotac mlc 240 ssd which I want to put in.

I tried lenovo via educator pricing almost I get from Lenovo is n4000 8 gb and 512ssd and cannot add as will void warranty.

That same specs used to be 470 2 months ago.

Their ryzen series not worth because the batteryis 38wh and first gen mobile ryzen has high idle power. so you can expect only 2-3h of use. If you dont intend to use like laptop then its not a problem.

If you intend to game, you need dual channel ram so need to add in upgrade cost

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Managed to get it at 550 (after 30 bucks voucher) Ryzen 5 2500U 8Gb ram (donno single or dual channel) 240gb SSD

Mainly used by fiancée for simultaneously YouTube music, FB game (pool and slot machines) and FB feed viewing and a few chrome tabs to find jobs and ms word for writing cv and job application.

As my Budget is 600 max as myself is going to lose my job soon by end of year due to no more funding.

The usable ram will be 5.9gb out of the 8 as 2Gb for the graphics. At most can get a sodimm (2nd Hand) to make it 16gb (14gb usable).

As for SSD does anyone know the default 240gb is it nvme m2 slot? Does it have a slot for sata SSD as I have a spare zotac mlc 240 ssd which I want to put in.

I tried lenovo via educator pricing almost I get from Lenovo is n4000 8 gb and 512ssd and cannot add as will void warranty.

if you dont mind poor battery life then its ok. similar to buying 8th gen core i7 but cheaper.

you can look youtube reviews. i think got space for 2.5inch.

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
She mostly going to use it at home so I think the battery life still can be over come

That’s good for the 2.5 spot

if you dont mind poor battery life then its ok. similar to buying 8th gen core i7 but cheaper.

you can look youtube reviews. i think got space for 2.5inch.

Kevin10

Master Member
Reaction score
how the battery life and does it heat up and produce lot of noise ?

Battery life I cant really tell as of now since I have been plugging it with power at home. But I notice that whenever I powered it on the next night(as I normally use it at night) , it says full charge at 20-30mins. So I am not sure why as the night before it was full charged at 100%.

Quite hot if I played game with it, normal wise should be ok. As onboard have 2 GPU. 1 is integrated and 1 is the MX250. So only for games, it will auto use MX250, normal usage will be the onboard gpu.

Soundwise - Not much noise.

bumdssa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the same as you but i chose 16GB Ram with 480GB SSD. Arrived in 9days. So far so good.

When did you get it and how much was if when you got it? I realised the price keep changing.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Battery life I cant really tell as of now since I have been plugging it with power at home. But I notice that whenever I powered it on the next night(as I normally use it at night) , it says full charge at 20-30mins. So I am not sure why as the night before it was full charged at 100%.

Quite hot if I played game with it, normal wise should be ok. As onboard have 2 GPU. 1 is integrated and 1 is the MX250. So only for games, it will auto use MX250, normal usage will be the onboard gpu.

Soundwise - Not much noise.

Battery life will drop overnight for sure. But you should check if there is a feature to allow for other devices to charge over USB even when you off the laptop. This is one of the features that will drain battery real quick, and generally on by default.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The jinmai 6 N4100, 8GB , 240GB SSD @420 still worth it?

Is that price after coupon discounts, i.e. store and credit card discount? Last I saw yesterday, if you have a HSBC card, you can apply the 40 off 400 to get it to 400 bucks. For 400 to 420, I think it is still a decent buy, though I agree after seeing the sub 400 bucks pricing previously, its hard for me to buy it above 400 bucks. :s13:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

While the Ryzen chip is not the latest and greatest, it is still a very good processor for the price. At 600 to 700 bucks, you can only get a laptop with very low end specs if you go for the bigger brands.

In any case, I pray that you can get a stable job soon.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.