Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Reaction score
By right he gave me till the 30th to pay back but now he says he wants 150 today and sent me the bank account in which im suppose to transfer into he said if i dont transfer by 6pm will be in trouble

Do not fall into their trap again. Their requirement of U paying $150 today is just to see r u willing to pay. If u paid mean u r a prey to them already. They will definitely ask for more because they know u r afraid of them. So please listen carefully. DO NOT PAY AND BLOCK THEIR NUMBERS. Do not communicate or negotiate with them. They will sure assure u if u paid everything can be settled. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. They are liar! You will never ended the payment.

AlphaVi

Reaction score
Do not fall into their trap again. Their requirement of U paying $150 today is just to see r u willing to pay. If u paid mean u r a prey to them already. They will definitely ask for more because they know u r afraid of them. So please listen carefully. DO NOT PAY AND BLOCK THEIR NUMBERS. Do not communicate or negotiate with them. They will sure assure u if u paid everything can be settled. DO NOT BELIBE THEM. They are liar! You will never ended the payment.

Thank you its really been hard i cant eat anything properly and i keep on tearing up

Reaction score
Thank you its really been hard i cant eat anything properly and i keep on tearing up

You are not alone here. What you need most is moral support from your family and friends. Let your parent know about it and be truth to them. You are just a victim of such loan scam. They will understand. Ask them to bring you to police station to made a report if u have not done so.
You may approach Blessed Grace Social service for help.
https://www.bgss.org.sg/
They are social service who help families with problem with loanshark harassment. Free of charge.

AlphaVi

Reaction score
Do not fall into their trap again. Their requirement of U paying $150 today is just to see r u willing to pay. If u paid mean u r a prey to them already. They will definitely ask for more because they know u r afraid of them. So please listen carefully. DO NOT PAY AND BLOCK THEIR NUMBERS. Do not communicate or negotiate with them. They will sure assure u if u paid everything can be settled. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. They are liar! You will never ended the payment.

Does anyone know hiw long this will last for?

happydonkey

Reaction score
Honestly they eating on your fear. It’s very scary. It took us one day to feel like fearful. But still vigilant. My parents also gave us fire extinguisher.

They are scaring u because you are young. To print ur face and pass to your neighbours is effort. May not cost much but a lot of effort. They rather spend more time on new victims when u ghost on them. Just change number bring ur police report along to your telco it’s foc

hopingandhoping

Reaction score
Honestly they eating on your fear. It’s very scary. It took us one day to feel like fearful. But still vigilant. My parents also gave us fire extinguisher.

They are scaring u because you are young. To print ur face and pass to your neighbours is effort. May not cost much but a lot of effort. They rather spend more time on new victims when u ghost on them. Just change number bring ur police report along to your telco it’s foc

I agree with you. @AlphaVi please do not overthink , the more you think the more fearful you'll get. Speak to someone from Blessed Grace, might help you. Call their number and talk to someone, they give good advice.

Remember remember , PLS. DO. NOT. PAY. THEM.

green72

Reaction score
You're not alone AlphaVi. All of us victims lose appetite and tear up, even old man like me, when it hit us.

Importantly, you have done the list of things that 1st time victims must do.

Stop replying to them already. They will become bold if you continue to reply them. Totally cut off contact. Their date line threats are just harassment, they don't dare lay a finger on you.

I've seen this scenario before countless time. Victims starts with confusion, fear and some even suicidal. Blaming themselves for this misstep. Soon all these will turn to frustration, anger and finally confidence and ultimately peace.

We are here helping you to expedite to peace. As much as we can point you to free yourself, it's really up to you to take action. Don't succumb to the UML deceptions.

The threats and harassment can be overcome. Stay healthy and strong. You need the mental strength.

green72

Reaction score

@AlphaVi, the quicker you start the list of stuff we mentioned( read many, many past post), the quicker it will end.

Harassment can start on the very 1st hour pass their date line up to a week or two. Most stop harassment by 1 month, provided you did the necessary actions we laid out.

They can't really screw your mind with fear if they have no way contacting you. Ghost them is one essential step.

And don't pay. I never paid them even 1 cent and I'm well and alive and importantly no harassment for more than a year after the initial ones.

Last edited:

AlphaVi

Reaction score
@AlphaVi, the quicker you start the list of stuff we mentioned( read many, many past post), the quicker it will end.

Harassment can start on the very 1st hour pass their date line up to a week or two. Most stop harassment by 1 month, provided you did the necessary actions we laid out.

They can't really screw your mind with fear if they have no way contacting you. Ghost them is one essential step.

And don't pay. I never paid them even 1 cent and I'm well and alive and importantly no harassment for more than a year after the initial ones.

Thank you all very much for your words, ive already made the police report and have completley stopped talking to them, i really do hope that it all ends soon

IwanttokillUML

Reaction score

Keep it in there. Don't give in and don't give up. As long as you continue to ignore them they can't do anything to you.
Read thru all past posts and take all the steps we advise here:
- Report police
- Inform NOK, employer and frens
- Install CCTV
- Install call blocker app (change phone number is best)
- Stop paying
- Ignore them

The initial few weeks will be tough.
But once they can't reach you, they cannot do anything else.
These scammers are like telesales ppl, just talk louder and trying to act fierce, no telesales person will keep calling a ghost for sales opportunity.
So after a while they will move on.

Sleep well, rest well and live your life.

happydonkey

Reaction score
Keep it in there. Don't give in and don't give up. As long as you continue to ignore them they can't do anything to you.
Read thru all past posts and take all the steps we advise here:
- Report police
- Inform NOK, employer and frens
- Install CCTV
- Install call blocker app (change phone number is best)
- Stop paying
- Ignore them

The initial few weeks will be tough.
But once they can't reach you, they cannot do anything else.
These scammers are like telesales ppl, just talk louder and trying to act fierce, no telesales person will keep calling a ghost for sales opportunity.
So after a while they will move on.

Sleep well, rest well and live your life.
Agree I think they will spend more time on ppl who respond and pay them.

Even printing ur face on papers and distributing them is hard work. But if u been paying them for like many times then it’s worth it. So best is ignore them. Counting daily now. Everyday checking with NOK if any weird numbers called

zithlee

Reaction score
Fell for scam

Hi, I recently just fell for a scam. Have transferred money over as fees before loan disbursment but never seen the loan. I have told them I am not proceeding with the loan but am afraid they will haress my home and workplace. What can I do? Thanks.

Reaction score
can anyone here intro a call blocker app that works for apple? thanks..

If you are using iphone. You may set the following:

To turn on Silence Unknown Callers, go to Settings > Phone, scroll down, then select Silence Unknown Callers. Calls from unknown numbers are silenced and sent to your voicemail, and appear in your recent calls list.
Incoming calls will come through from people that are saved in your contacts list, recent calls list, and from Siri Suggestions to let you know who’s calling based on phone numbers included in your emails or text messages.

I used it to block scam call. It really works. The other party ( not in my contact list) who called me was diverted to voicemail.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, I recently just fell for a scam. Have transferred money over as fees before loan disbursment but never seen the loan. I have told them I am not proceeding with the loan but am afraid they will haress my home and workplace. What can I do? Thanks.

Please spent some time to read all the threads here. Your answer is all inside.

hopingandhoping

Reaction score
If you are using iphone. You may set the following:

To turn on Silence Unknown Callers, go to Settings > Phone, scroll down, then select Silence Unknown Callers. Calls from unknown numbers are silenced and sent to your voicemail, and appear in your recent calls list.
Incoming calls will come through from people that are saved in your contacts list, recent calls list, and from Siri Suggestions to let you know who’s calling based on phone numbers included in your emails or text messages.

I used it to block scam call. It really works. The other party ( not in my contact list) who called me was diverted to voicemail.

Thanks for much for this!! will do so.

unknown17

Reaction score
Scam ULM

Hi,

1) Fell for loan scam, did 3 trial loans to get a bigger loan.
2) scammer 1 send me I banking screenshot of bigger loan transffered.
3)Checked my account and bigger loan was not transferred at all, call the bank also and they mention no such deposits was done.

4)Was mention my scammer 1 to do 4th trial loan to create new record as their account had some issue, even showed me WA screenshot of him speaking to someone in the company to send out the bigger loan out to me.

5) waited for 3 days and bigger loan never came, message to inform to cancel the loan instead.

6) got threatened saying he wld disturb me next month onwards, informed I did not recd the bigger loan at all so what is there to pay more, mentioned to pay $700 cancellation fee and all settled. - Transferred the $700 to close everything.

7) Kept disturbing me for almost 3 weeks to take loan and I denied, after which force loan into my bank account and threatened with burning videos. Transfered money to clear cuz I dun wanna have issues.

8) few weeks later received xx amt of cash into my account, msg scammer to ask if he did it and he said his worker accidentally transferred to my account, was advise to trf back and he wont disturb me anymore.

9) Again kept disturbing me to take up loans, didnt take up and send me videos of my residence and photo, panicked and said will help one last time and begged to delete all my details.

10) After transferring for the last time, few mins later scammer 2 msg me and claim bigger loan was trf out as per system and I owe them money. Informed I ald trf scammer 1 $700 cancellation fee and showed bank statement as proof also to say I did not recd bigger loan.

11) scammer 2 said all was fake and threatened me with videos and showed videos of scammer 1 getting whacked, obvious it was an old video of someone getting whacked.

12) Make police report and did the necessary, change number and close accounts.

Been 3 weeks and still nervous they wld disturb my NOK workplace or do smth to my house. Just curious how they manage to screenshot the bigger loan transaction and send to me cuz it was legit i banking transaction but never revd the money and still threaten me to pay up.Wish I cld state scammer 1 &2 mobile numbers here so we can add and block them on WA and report them to bring them down. Threaten to use my IC number to do things but singpass was not given to them.

Anyone has same situation as me.

Last edited:

hopingandhoping

Reaction score
Hi,

1) Fell for loan scam, did 3 trial loans to get a bigger loan.
2) scammer 1 send me I banking screenshot of bigger loan transffered.
3)Checked my account and bigger loan was not transferred at all, call the bank also and they mention no such deposits was done.

4)Was mention my scammer 1 to do 4th trial loan to create new record as their account had some issue, even showed me WA screenshot of him speaking to someone in the company to send out the bigger loan out to me.

5) waited for 3 days and bigger loan never came, message to inform to cancel the loan instead.

6) got threatened saying he wld disturb me next month onwards, informed I did not recd the bigger loan at all so what is there to pay more, mentioned to pay $700 cancellation fee and all settled. - Transferred the $700 to close everything.

7) Kept disturbing me for almost 3 weeks to take loan and I denied, after which force loan into my bank account and threatened with burning videos. Transfered money to clear cuz I dun wanna have issues.

8) few weeks later received xx amt of cash into my account, msg scammer to ask if he did it and he said his worker accidentally transferred to my account, was advise to trf back and he wont disturb me anymore.

9) Again kept disturbing me to take up loans, didnt take up and send me videos of my residence and photo, panicked and said will help one last time and begged to delete all my details.

10) After transferring for the last time, few mins later scammer 2 msg me and claim bigger loan was trf out as per system and I owe them money. Informed I ald trf scammer 1 $700 cancellation fee and showed bank statement as proof also to say I did not recd bigger loan.

11) scammer 2 said all was fake and threatened me with videos and showed videos of scammer 1 getting whacked, obvious it was an old video of someone getting whacked.

12) Make police report and did the necessary, change number and close accounts.

Been 3 weeks and still nervous they wld disturb my NOK workplace or do smth to my house. Just curious how they manage to screenshot the bigger loan transaction and send to me cuz it was legit i banking transaction but never revd the money and still threaten me to pay up.Wish I cld state scammer 1 &2 mobile numbers here so we can add and block them on WA and report them to bring them down. Threaten to use my IC number to do things but singpass was not given to them.

Anyone has same situation as me.

They r feeding on your ability to pay and pay them And feeding on ur fear. Scammers tactics... Did u manage to request for investigation on CCTV to see who took the video and picture of ur house?

Good that u hv done the necessary steps. If there is harassment at your residence, police will catch ASAP.

unknown17

Reaction score
i ald have a cctv installed but cld not run the playback due to some issues. Now at night i manually record myself. Made a police report 3 weeks ago also. Just curious how they even manage to screenshot the legit ibanking transaction for the bigger loan and I did not revd the cash... and yet they still come and threaten me after 3 months saying big loan out as per system. in fact after the final help, scammer.1 said he will block me cuz his side got issue.. Haiz.

unknown17

Reaction score
They r feeding on your ability to pay and pay them And feeding on ur fear. Scammers tactics... Did u manage to request for investigation on CCTV to see who took the video and picture of ur house?

Good that u hv done the necessary steps. If there is harassment at your residence, police will catch ASAP.
ald have a cctv installed but cld not run the playback due to some issues. Now at night i manually record myself. Made a police report 3 weeks ago also. Just curious how they even manage to screenshot the legit ibanking transaction for the bigger loan and I did not revd the cash... and yet they still come and threaten me after 3 months saying big loan out as per system. in fact after the final help, scammer.1 said he will block me cuz his side got issue.. Haiz.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.