Nitrile

Honorary Member
Reaction score
anyone used asus ai suite tpu to OC

.. When i oc my 3900x to 4.3 ghz automatically and when cine bench

My wholecom restarts and ask me to press f1 to bios

you using air cooler no need to overclock to be honest

the CPU will boost when it needs to

overclock overheads for zen2 are very very small.

you will only see a single digit percentage gain in benchmarks only with no real difference in gaming.

nicholascheans

Reaction score
you using air cooler no need to overclock to be honest

the CPU will boost when it needs to

overclock overheads for zen2 are very very small.

you will only see a single digit percentage gain in benchmarks only with no real difference in gaming.

sian i bought a noctua u12a to oc it.. So did i just wasted my money buying a x570 board

XseanX

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone used asus ai suite tpu to OC

.. When i oc my 3900x to 4.3 ghz automatically and when cine bench

My wholecom restarts and ask me to press f1 to bios

Never really trust auto OC or whatever gimmick, yes, it allow you to boot into window with the higher clock speed but getting 24/7 stability definitely need one to have the knowledge to tinker with the Bios setting manually.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sian i bought a noctua u12a to oc it.. So did i just wasted my money buying a x570 board

I pretty much left my 3900X at stock as well. First time I got a Ryzen chip that I did not overclock. I think the auto OC by AMD is optimized enough to deliver high performance, without me tinkering with it. As to getting a better cooler, it is always better because it should give it more legroom to auto boost. Another motherboard may not be necessary though.

nicholascheans

Reaction score
I pretty much left my 3900X at stock as well. First time I got a Ryzen chip that I did not overclock. I think the auto OC by AMD is optimized enough to deliver high performance, without me tinkering with it. As to getting a better cooler, it is always better because it should give it more legroom to auto boost. Another motherboard may not be necessary though.

how does this auto OC work? Do i have to activate it

neomages

Reaction score
Guys, i've disabled pbo and set vcore voltage to auto.

Funny thing is i run cinebench the voltage becomes 1.3v but when semi idling its 1.4v.

And my fan is ramping up and down on semi idle.

Running cinebench:
IL6HzdR.jpg

Semi idle:
EZvyvbh.jpg

Last edited:

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's not true. :o

But nowadays, I just buy hardware to try out. Nothing like a dream rig le. They just look and feel the same after a day or 2.

I echo this... It's also the joy of building a PC.. I used the splurged a lot on desktop setups some years back, even submit to vloggers to showcase..just for fun and kicks.

Lastwishes

Reaction score

Funny thing is i run cinebench the voltage becomes 1.3v but when semi idling its 1.4v.

Running cinebench:
IL6HzdR.jpg

Semi idle:
EZvyvbh.jpg

Your temperatures doesn't look right for the cooler you're using. Might want to recheck your mounting/change out the thermal paste.

For the fan ramping up and down, it's a known thing. You can fix it by setting a fan curve + delays in your mobo bios if it has the feature.

contacted

Reaction score
Prices of MSI's B550 boards

Reddit Source

Price list (MSRP in USD w/o tax)

• B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi: $219
  • B550i Gaming Edge WiFi: $199
  • B550 Gaming Edge WiFi: $189
  • B550 Tomahawk: $179
  • B550M Mortar WiFi: $169
  • B550M Mortar: $159
  • B550 Gaming Plus: $149
  • B550-A Pro: $139
  • B550M Bazooka: $139
  • B550M Pro-VDH WiFi: $129
  • B550M Pro-Dash: $119

Source of source:

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prices of MSI's B550 MB are quite close to X570 levels. Might as well go for something like the Asus X570 TUF.

contacted

Reaction score
Prices of MSI's B550 MB are quite close to X570 levels. Might as well go for something like the Asus X570 TUF.
Yea that's true man... the B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi at USD 219 is like the same price of the MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk

n8SSUtZ.png

neomages

Reaction score
Your temperatures doesn't look right for the cooler you're using. Might want to recheck your mounting/change out the thermal paste.

For the fan ramping up and down, it's a known thing. You can fix it by setting a fan curve + delays in your mobo bios if it has the feature.

I recently just reseated and remount. initially was 70+ on semi idle.

Nitrile

Honorary Member
Reaction score

i used to have that fan ramping up and down at idle

CPU core temp can fluctuate between 40+ and 50+ degrees within 1 second.
i went into bios and only set the fans to run at 40% and only ramp up in speed only above 65 degrees. now no such problem.

here are my ryzen master screenshots at idle and cinebench r20 load for your reference. your voltages are perfectly normal.. i think your cooling solution might be a problem. try repasting and remounting the cooler with optimum pressure.

hope i can help you solve at least your fan ramping up and down problem for now.

idle
Pu9VrPA.jpg

cinebench
fIQaHkd.jpg

Lastwishes

Reaction score
I recently just reseated and remount. initially was 70+ on semi idle.

Your temps are closer to what someone using the stock AMD Prism cooler would have though. R1 is in the top-end for air coolers. Should be getting much better temps. Something's not right somewhere. Did you replace the thermal paste when you re-seated it?

Nitrile's readings are more in-line with expectations.

neomages

Reaction score
Your temps are closer to what someone using the stock AMD Prism cooler would have though. R1 is in the top-end for air coolers. Should be getting much better temps. Something's not right somewhere. Did you replace the thermal paste when you re-seated it?

Nitrile's readings are more in-line with expectations.

Yes using mx4 paste.

neomages

Reaction score
i used to have that fan ramping up and down at idle

CPU core temp can fluctuate between 40+ and 50+ degrees within 1 second.
i went into bios and only set the fans to run at 40% and only ramp up in speed only above 65 degrees. now no such problem.

here are my ryzen master screenshots at idle and cinebench r20 load for your reference. your voltages are perfectly normal.. i think your cooling solution might be a problem. try repasting and remounting the cooler with optimum pressure.

hope i can help you solve at least your fan ramping up and down problem for now.

idle
Pu9VrPA.jpg

cinebench
fIQaHkd.jpg

Thats y i headache lor.. u dont happen to be in an aircon room right?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.