Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

happydonkey

Reaction score
ald have a cctv installed but cld not run the playback due to some issues. Now at night i manually record myself. Made a police report 3 weeks ago also. Just curious how they even manage to screenshot the legit ibanking transaction for the bigger loan and I did not revd the cash... and yet they still come and threaten me after 3 months saying big loan out as per system. in fact after the final help, scammer.1 said he will block me cuz his side got issue.. Haiz.
I’m sure they will disturbed your NOK if they havent. My nok was called up immediately once I blocked their calls. Closed my accounts and I refused to answer. Changed me number in less than 3 hours. Accounts closed too.

I believe once ** is over they will start calling office but I have already informed them.

So now, after 3 weeks are they still disturbing you? We are waiting for someone to take photo of our house so that we can catch them. My main door is open wide from morning till night, police says this prevents them from locking the door or do anything funny. But night time no choice have to close.

Honestly they sent me the videos and photos I didn’t even look or watch because I know it makes me feel scared. I simply ignored. Even after changing mobile number I still feel paranoid when the phone rings

unknown17

Reaction score
I’m sure they will disturbed your NOK if they havent. My nok was called up immediately once I blocked their calls. Closed my accounts and I refused to answer. Changed me number in less than 3 hours. Accounts closed too.

I believe once ** is over they will start calling office but I have already informed them.

So now, after 3 weeks are they still disturbing you? We are waiting for someone to take photo of our house so that we can catch them. My main door is open wide from morning till night, police says this prevents them from locking the door or do anything funny. But night time no choice have to close.

Honestly they sent me the videos and photos I didn’t even look or watch because I know it makes me feel scared. I simply ignored. Even after changing mobile number I still feel paranoid when the phone rings
I blocked them to be exact 29 days ago (that's the date I made police report too) since then they tried calling my 1st NOK with spoof numbers but cuz its a normal phone with no WA I just blocked it. 2nd NOK has WA but so far nothing (thank god) I changed number after I made police report as well and closed my existing bank accounts too. So far no calls to NOK. I really wish all of us can come together and do something to this scammers. But I am curious, can someone actually photoshop or edit i-banking transaction image to be exactly the same as what we usually see when we do inter bank transfers. Scammer 1 & 2 obviously knows the bigger loan was NOT even credited to me and that was fake but yet still demand for it. Idiots! Can the scammers number be shared here so that all of us can add them on WA and block them as many times as possible and their account gets disabled, I am sure the rest of them who are victims like us can have their scammer numbers blocked in WA and report their accounts.

Reaction score
I blocked them to be exact 29 days ago (that's the date I made police report too) since then they tried calling my 1st NOK with spoof numbers but cuz its a normal phone with no WA I just blocked it. 2nd NOK has WA but so far nothing (thank god) I changed number after I made police report as well and closed my existing bank accounts too. So far no calls to NOK. I really wish all of us can come together and do something to this scammers. But I am curious, can someone actually photoshop or edit i-banking transaction image to be exactly the same as what we usually see when we do inter bank transfers. Scammer 1 & 2 obviously knows the bigger loan was NOT even credited to me and that was fake but yet still demand for it. Idiots! Can the scammers number be shared here so that all of us can add them on WA and block them as many times as possible and their account gets disabled, I am sure the rest of them who are victims like us can have their scammer numbers blocked in WA and report their accounts.

I dont think we need to do that. As long as you had reported all their numbers to police. Police will work with telco company to disable their accounts. Of course those numbers might not belong to them. Might be belong to victims. They will be charged for assisting loanshark activities.
So please report all their phone numbers and bank accounts to the police. I dont think they have so many lines to call. So slowly they will stop the harassment.

Last edited:

hopingandhoping

Reaction score
I dont think we need to do that. As long as you had reported all their numbers to police. Police will work with telco company to disable their accounts. Of course those numbers might not belong to them. Might be belong to victims. They will be charged for assisting loanshark activities.
So please report all their phone numbers and bank accounts to the police. I dont think they have so many lines to call. So slowly they will stop the harassment.

Im curious how did they even manage to make the number look like a singapore number even on whatsapp... when attempt to call in these numbers using normal phone call, unable to ring but they are able to call in to our phones...

Reaction score
Im curious how did they even manage to make the number look like a singapore number even on whatsapp... when attempt to call in these numbers using normal phone call, unable to ring but they are able to call in to our phones...

Its not a phone line. Its an internet call or watsapp. And w.e.f 15 Apr 2020. All phone number with a ‘+’ even a ‘+65’ is a oversea call. All local number do not have a ‘+’

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/new-way-to-help-consumers-spot-overseas-spoof-calls

Last edited:

unknown17

Reaction score
I reported and stated in my police report 29 days ago, however I can still see them being active on WA, I am afraid to even call my IO who is assigned to my case to inform the change of mobile number as well :( Do the police really look into all our reported cases for loansharks and etc and do something to the numbers and bank accounts or leave it as it is. Just curious.

Reaction score
I reported and stated in my police report 29 days ago, however I can still see them being active on WA, I am afraid to even call my IO who is assigned to my case to inform the change of mobile number as well :( Do the police really look into all our reported cases for loansharks and etc and do something to the numbers and bank accounts or leave it as it is. Just curious.

Yes. Of course. Read the news every few weeks you will see hundreds were arrested.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/110-arrested-for-suspected-loan-shark-activities-in-islandwide-sweep

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/police-warn-students-part-time-work-loansharking-10985108

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/police-investigating-more-than-100-people-after-loan-shark-scam-10672456

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/114-arrested-loansharking-activities

Those are who have opened bank accounts and given away their ATM cards and personal identification numbers to loan sharks to facilitate unlicensed moneylending businesses.
Under the Moneylenders Act, when a bank account or ATM card of any person is used to facilitate moneylending by an unlicensed moneylender, that person is presumed to have assisted in unlicensed moneylending.

Those convicted of the above for the first time may be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, jailed for up to four years, and get up to six strokes of the cane.

Last edited:

happydonkey

Reaction score
Its not a phone line. Its an internet call or watsapp. And w.e.f 15 Apr 2020. All phone number with a ‘+’ even a ‘+65’ is a oversea call. All local number do not have a ‘+’

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/new-way-to-help-consumers-spot-overseas-spoof-calls
Talking abt this I changed my number but got a +65 called in via WhatsApp. I thought it’s some scam I didn’t pick. But actually it was someone I know. So using WhatsApp even local numbers still will be +65 appearing

hopingandhoping

Reaction score

Stupidddme

Reaction score
scam

It's been a few months since I last got scammed and everything has been peaceful after I ghosted them. So to those who are new here, trust the advice the forum gave you, it's been helpful when I got scammed. Really grateful to everyone who made their posts here, their words gave me the support to go through that period of time, thank you.

happydonkey

Reaction score
It's been a few months since I last got scammed and everything has been peaceful after I ghosted them. So to those who are new here, trust the advice the forum gave you, it's been helpful when I got scammed. Really grateful to everyone who made their posts here, their words gave me the support to go through that period of time, thank you.
Thanks for giving us hope. It’s been a week and I’m counting. Sad to see more people coming to the forum.

Stupidddme

Reaction score
Thanks for giving us hope. It’s been a week and I’m counting. Sad to see more people coming to the forum.

Hang in there, the harassment will probably stop when they can't get anything from you, not to mention that it is now the ** period which makes it hard to come to your doorstep, they will be caught easily. Don't reply to their msg, just block and report, ignore unknown calls, when my NOK received the call, I just told them it's scam. The more you ignore them, the less they bother you.

Reaction score

I assure you that they do. The advice given is call 999 if you see any suspicious people around your place. There are MANY cases on their records. As long as you are safe, not harassed (File report ASAP if you are), often the case will die a natural death once the scammers give up cause they can't get any $ from you. So the evergreen advice is DO NOT PAY!

Reaction score
Thank you all very much for your words, ive already made the police report and have completley stopped talking to them, i really do hope that it all ends soon

Pls talk to someone close if you feel stressed. It's a stupid scam to use scare and fear tactics. Ignore them, be strong and get on with your life.

If ever harassed, just file report and let the police do their job and move on.

Take care and hang in there.

Reaction score
Hi, I recently just fell for a scam. Have transferred money over as fees before loan disbursment but never seen the loan. I have told them I am not proceeding with the loan but am afraid they will haress my home and workplace. What can I do? Thanks.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

CRIME DOES NOT PAY, POLICE ARE ARRESTING! http://bit.ly/loanscamarrests

happydonkey

Reaction score
Days ago woman was charged

The Police have arrested a 22-year-old woman for her suspected involvement in a case of loanshark harassment.

On 25 May 2020, the Police were alerted to a case of a loanshark harassment where an animal part was purportedly delivered to a residential unit along Tampines Avenue 8.

Through investigations and with the aid of images from police cameras, officers from Bedok Police Division established the identity of a woman and arrested her on 26 May 2020. A mobile phone was seized as case exhibit.

Police investigations are ongoing. First time offenders found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be fined not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000 with mandatory imprisonment of up to five years, and mandatory caning of up to six strokes. In the case of a second or subsequent conviction, offenders shall be liable to a fine of not less than $6,000 and not more than $60,000 with mandatory imprisonment of between two to nine years, and mandatory caning of up to 12 strokes.

The Police have zero tolerance for loanshark harassment activities. Those who deliberately vandalise properties, cause annoyance and disruptions to public sense of safety, peace and security will be arrested and dealt with severely in accordance with the law.

Members of the public are advised to stay away from loansharks and not to work with or assist the loansharks in any way. The public can call the Police at ‘999’ or the X-Ah Long hotline at 1800-924-5664 if they suspect or know of anyone who could be involved in loansharking activities.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.