Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

Vulpix

Reaction score
hi there, just dropped them an email to test out the fern chair. Not sure if they are available for appointment next week.

found this ru youtube review might be useful for interested.

They also have the Soji over there which is like the budget version of the Zody, go try it out also.

Studded

Reaction score
my office has been using aeron and embody.
i will continue wfh for the next 3mths, and order a aeron to replace my damaged ergohuman

care to explain why you prefer the aeron more to embody ? i'm actually thinking of getting aeron too but i like how the embody's modern design look

Attila

Reaction score
care to explain why you prefer the aeron more to embody ? i'm actually thinking of getting aeron too but i like how the embody's modern design look

i have a cat at home and she will massacre embody fabric :s13:

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My office chair is embody, which is what made me buy Aeron instead. We have a few Aerons around and rest are embody, everyone fight over the Aeron. Embody just feels cheap compared to Aeron. Seat back is flexible but feels plasticky and cheap. Lumbar support is not adjustable as well, so it won’t be comfortable for everyone.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Your last paragraph is not accurate. Many apple iphone owners are proud of their china made phone.

You mean iphone is luxury.. well I think nowadays any sec sch students be changing a new latest iphone anytime. Think iPhone or Samsung S/Note are just "essential goods". Luxury category for phones seems to be Vertu category. Well or at least the iPhone in 24K gold. -for the latter the price is for Gold not the phone.

I guess it would depend how one judge the cost of the luxury good.

My personal opinion is for a product category which you have a range of prices, luxury refers to the higher or highest priced point.
Would u spend 10k 20k on a rolex if its made in PRC? I wouldn't even if I have the money.

Now for the case of Aeron, I believe it is also benchmarked at the top tier or luxury in terms of pricing. It would have been more clear cut, say if I am very rich I want to buy from AD , I get the warranty. Well the problem is even if u pay more the AD won't be able to sell you a USA piece.

There's no right and wrong whether you buy from AD or PI. Both has its own advantages and disadvantages. Cost , where is it made , warranty.

My 3cents is that if it is a luxury item or priced at a higher price point in its tier I wouldn't buy something made in PRC. Warranty or not. There's nothing wrong with something made in PRC, because alot of things we use are made in PRC. Just to me, luxury does not and will never be associated with being manufactured in PRC.

Now if I have the money to buy a Mercedes, I would for 1 buy it from AD and 2, only buy a model made in Germany. C CLASS is SA, they are never gonna make S class in SA. That's of course if I have the money. Otherwise I sit grab lo.

Studded

Reaction score
My office chair is embody, which is what made me buy Aeron instead. We have a few Aerons around and rest are embody, everyone fight over the Aeron. Embody just feels cheap compared to Aeron. Seat back is flexible but feels plasticky and cheap. Lumbar support is not adjustable as well, so it won’t be comfortable for everyone.

Yes i also feel the back fabric on the embody is very thin too. The aeron seems to fit singapore weather perfectly especially if you are somebody who gets sweaty ass and back easily :s22:

acer23

Reaction score
You mean iphone is luxury.. well I think nowadays any sec sch students be changing a new latest iphone anytime. Think iPhone or Samsung S/Note are just "essential goods". Luxury category for phones seems to be Vertu category. Well or at least the iPhone in 24K gold. -for the latter the price is for Gold not the phone.

I guess it would depend how one judge the cost of the luxury good.

My personal opinion is for a product category which you have a range of prices, luxury refers to the higher or highest priced point.
Would u spend 10k 20k on a rolex if its made in PRC? I wouldn't even if I have the money.

Now for the case of Aeron, I believe it is also benchmarked at the top tier or luxury in terms of pricing. It would have been more clear cut, say if I am very rich I want to buy from AD , I get the warranty. Well the problem is even if u pay more the AD won't be able to sell you a USA piece.

There's no right and wrong whether you buy from AD or PI. Both has its own advantages and disadvantages. Cost , where is it made , warranty.

My 3cents is that if it is a luxury item or priced at a higher price point in its tier I wouldn't buy something made in PRC. Warranty or not. There's nothing wrong with something made in PRC, because alot of things we use are made in PRC. Just to me, luxury does not and will never be associated with being manufactured in PRC.

Now if I have the money to buy a Mercedes, I would for 1 buy it from AD and 2, only buy a model made in Germany. C CLASS is SA, they are never gonna make S class in SA. That's of course if I have the money. Otherwise I sit grab lo.

What about C63 AMG? Also SA?

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In a sense yes I care where the stuff is made. I bought bmw 5 series because I want made in Germany car not made in US car. The quality definitely won’t be the same. If you look at made in japan Toyota vs made in US Toyota, quality of made in Japan ones are much better. The panel gaps on made in US ones are much bigger. The product might meet minimum qc, but depending on factory, quality is still different.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes i also feel the back fabric on the embody is very thin too. The aeron seems to fit singapore weather perfectly especially if you are somebody who gets sweaty ass and back easily :s22:

Another thing is aeron the back support up to the shoulder.. Embody is thinner.. For broad chest ppl aeron is more comfortable.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Any good desk office chair below $200 for good back support?

pacificstorm

Reaction score
The point im making is: There are other examples of AD and PI selling products from different countries, depending on where they source their products from, not just Aerons from HM. I can quote other examples if you want, even LV wallets and bags, some are made in Spain, and some in France, depending on where you shop at. This type of scenario isn’t as uncommon as you make it sound like. End of the day the quality controls are identical from the brand, it just makes more logistic sense to have products coming out from efficient geo locations. However certain people just prefer to have their ego stroked by knowing that their products came from a pair of white hands rather than yellow/brown ones, simply because they feel they paid slightly above average money lol.

Bro, different perspectives. Luxury goods in ur case of LV whether spain, france, even eastern Europe is still made in europe. Neither do I think 2k for a office chair is "slightly above average money". From reading this thread u would know many find aeron at a too high price point.

Well there are BMW, MERC, Volkswagen made in PRC, why are they sold at a fraction of the cost of the ones imported from Germany in PRC, why do rich PRCs buy from Germans? Is quality control the same? Can they be the same? Well I think everyone has the same answer.

Tbh, it isnt a black hand white hand yellow hand, even for day to day items like face masks, people are willing to pay more for VN made masks, its just the bad name PRC made stuff has set out for itself. Well for the same example, if there's QC and "control" what happened to the tons of faulty masks and ventilators sent by PRC to europe? Why are chinese buying masks directly imported from Japan via daigou rather than buying from the same japanese brands with factory in PRC?

If you are happy to pay a higher price for buying from AD with warranty and u deeply believe QC is the same for Aerons that are made in PRC, nothing wrong. I am poor and would definitely prefer a cheaper price and buying something made in a country that is trustable? I am sure many prefer not to buy a luxury chair or any luxury item made in PRC.

The bad point for consumers is that the AD don't give consumers a choice, they could jolly well stock a usa version and I'm sure the elites would buy them instead of being worried about a PRC made product.

LaChouette

Reaction score
Bro, different perspectives. Luxury goods in ur case of LV whether spain, france, even eastern Europe is still made in europe. Neither do I think 2k for a office chair is "slightly above average money". From reading this thread u would know many find aeron at a too high price point.

Well there are BMW, MERC, Volkswagen made in PRC, why are they sold at a fraction of the cost of the ones imported from Germany in PRC, why do rich PRCs buy from Germans? Is quality control the same? Can they be the same? Well I think everyone has the same answer.

Tbh, it isnt a black hand white hand yellow hand, even for day to day items like face masks, people are willing to pay more for VN made masks, its just the bad name PRC made stuff has set out for itself. Well for the same example, if there's QC and "control" what happened to the tons of faulty masks and ventilators sent by PRC to europe? Why are chinese buying masks directly imported from Japan via daigou rather than buying from the same japanese brands with factory in PRC?

If you are happy to pay a higher price for buying from AD with warranty and u deeply believe QC is the same for Aerons that are made in PRC, nothing wrong. I am poor and would definitely prefer a cheaper price and buying something made in a country that is trustable? I am sure many prefer not to buy a luxury chair or any luxury item made in PRC.

The bad point for consumers is that the AD don't give consumers a choice, they could jolly well stock a usa version and I'm sure the elites would buy them instead of being worried about a PRC made product.

Then I guess to each his own. All I can say is I hope your supposedly higher quality USA made chair lasts 12 years without issues, and there are no batch wide issues like the classic one had, and also that the Shopee seller honours the warranty for the full 12 years. Otherwise good luck with finding parts for the remastered Aeron, because if you order parts from HM, your money saved on the warranty can easily be written off.

Last edited:

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Then I guess to each his own. All I can say is I hope your supposedly higher quality USA made chair lasts 12 years without issues, and there are no batch wide issues like the classic one had, and also that the Shopee seller honours the warranty for the full 12 years. Otherwise good luck with finding parts for the remastered Aeron, because if you order from HM, your money saved on the warranty can easily be written off.

I don't know.. are chairs suppose to spoil that easily? I mean my current cheapo chair that cost $300 has been there for at least 8-9 years except for some small peels on the handle.

I would have thought something that many claims to be the longest lasting chairs with exceptional values even for 2nd hand (non warranry) shouldn't have much problem.

With the $500 ++ discount, u probably be getting a bang for the buck after the 9th year anyway.

I mean even if u did buy from Xtra, everyone loves warranty. But I wouldn't wish to be utilizing warranty every so often if that happens then its bad quality.

Lets be honest, if Xtra was selling both USA and PRC versions at the exact same price, are you gonna yolo say they are the same quality same qc and you would be indifferent to both. I doubt.

As far as im concerned, xtra probably has a way too high markup for a prc made Aeron considering corporate discounts are at 1.7k on par with shopee prices. On Taobao, where they sell both PRC Aerons and USA Aerons, the USA ones are sold at higher prices than PRC made.

As consumers, we should band together and make Xtra realise they should offer better discounts. Isn't it?

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like i said, to each his own. I have claimed seat pan, posturefit, and pneumatic cylinder for mine with Xtra in the 12 yrs ive owned my classic. Just saying, 12 yrs is a long time for any item, especially one where you use everyday, for almost the majority of the day. A simple chair can probably last a long time, a wooden chair can even last longer than a lifetime. Keep in mind the Aeron is a full featured mechanical chair with many moving parts.

Also would just like to add, Xtra is selling Aerons ASSEMBLED in China now only because the supply chain is affected in the US. If the Shopee seller says he is getting USA stocks now, he must be lying.

why you so sensitive? U from Xtra?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.