RESMED for sleep apnea? Any comments?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Losing weight will get rid of sleep apnea??

Every sleep doctor I've seen, have always recommended losing weight as the first step. A quick Google search also shows that it can be effective.

It probably still varies from person to person, and is not guaranteed; but in all cases it will have positive impact on the person's health and OSA symptoms.

Harvard Medical School has this to say about the importance of weight loss (in regard to OSA):
...The link between excess weight and sleep apnea is well established...

... losing weight... can yield real results. If overweight and obese people lose weight, it would make both sleep apnea and other health problems [such as heart disease] go away. Losing just 10% of body weight can have a big effect on sleep apnea symptoms. In some cases, losing a significant amount of weight can even cure the condition. ...

Last edited:

Pandule

Reaction score
Switched to P10 for almost half a year already, works really well for me.

Also found that Taobao sells the full gear for easily a third of the price in SG. Ordered and received one yesterday and am pretty impressed.

Hi, you have the taobao link? thanks

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, you have the taobao link? thanks

I looked at it after I saw his post, and found the price to be comparable from buying from the US once you've factored in shipping to SG. US might be a bit more, but it seemed like about a USD10 or so difference only.

Yes, it's a little cheaper if you're just buying one mask only; but I think if you're buying several other things with your order (esp a new cpap unit), it might be cheaper to consolidate and just order everything from the US.

Last edited:

cquey

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am buying some mask and the humidifier add on for my CPAP machine, can I check if I need to inform HSA? Adding on, I will be using ezbuy to forward the items instead, as the shipment from 1800cpap is too ex, will there be any issue?

Thanks in advance

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am buying some mask and the humidifier add on for my CPAP machine, can I check if I need to inform HSA? Adding on, I will be using ezbuy to forward the items instead, as the shipment from 1800cpap is too ex, will there be any issue?

Masks are prescription-only items, and requires a valid prescription to import into Singapore.

cquey

Master Member
Reaction score
Masks are prescription-only items, and requires a valid prescription to import into Singapore.
hi noted.

have anyone used a forwarder to ship the items from 1800 cpap instead of direct??

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have anyone used a forwarder to ship the items from 1800 cpap instead of direct??

I've always shipped direct, as their shipping fees have always been reasonable (esp if you compare the total cost, vs buying locally); I'm not sure if you would save much using a forwarder - most of the time when I used one, the shipping fees are quite a bit more due to volumetric weight calculations, rounding up to the next 0.5kg weight step per package, and in some cases US taxes depending on where the receiving warehouse is located.

That said, if you're buying a cpap machine, I would think having it pass though fewer hands would be better - after all, it is fragile/sensitive equipment (masks, and usually, humidifiers are not); also, just in case it is damaged, and neither shipping party would acknowledge being responsible for it. Might also make RMA returns (warranty service) a little easier if you ever need it. Also, I would think, if there are any problems with the import, you may have the option to return it for a refund (possibly with a restocking fee); but it may not be possible if it arrived though a forwarder (as customs will only return it to the sending address, and the forwarder might refuse to accept and return it to the seller on your behalf; or you would have to pay them to do so, if they are willing to).

I would also be concerned if the forwarder would be able to declare the item correctly (which might affect import clearance to SG); if the forwarder would even accept the package (because it is Rx only - check their shipping restriction lists); and if the retailer can accept your (non-US) prescription for shipping to a US address - it could be possible to work around this last point, by paying a little more and getting a mask in separate parts (eg, frame and headgear separately) as doing so usually avoids requiring a prescription in the US; but it is unclear if such a the shipment will be permitted into SG without a prescription.

But yeah, if you do decide to go down this route, do share with us how it worked out, and which forwarder you used.

You are using the 10% discount code with 1800cpap right?

Last edited:

XpapXpap

Reaction score
I just ordered something from 1800 cpap last week. Apparently they told me fedex and ups cannot ship prescription item to Singapore anymore. I guess they just don’t want to do the additional work on the declaration to custom. That is something new because previously the courier company were able to do it. I ordered 3 masks and cushions and shipping cost me usd 78.00. They are using USPS to ship the item. I assume SingPost will take over for local delivery. But it is still cheaper than buying locally. I should have use the promo code!

007Mi6

Reaction score
Ordered Dreamwear replacement parts from overseas

1x small nasal gel
1x medium nasal gel
2x medium frame
6x 3rd party head gear

Shipping is more expensive now, at usd18++. Total price about usd86++ cheaper than I buy the whole set at maybe at usd 60 where I do not need to replace my swivel connector.

Ordered filters for my dreamstation locally, 6x ultra fine and 2x filters, responics stock, $80.

cquey

Master Member
Reaction score
I've always shipped direct, as their shipping fees have always been reasonable (esp if you compare the total cost, vs buying locally); I'm not sure if you would save much using a forwarder - most of the time when I used one, the shipping fees are quite a bit more due to volumetric weight calculations, rounding up to the next 0.5kg weight step per package, and in some cases US taxes depending on where the receiving warehouse is located.

That said, if you're buying a cpap machine, I would think having it pass though fewer hands would be better - after all, it is fragile/sensitive equipment (masks, and usually, humidifiers are not); also, just in case it is damaged, and neither shipping party would acknowledge being responsible for it. Might also make RMA returns (warranty service) a little easier if you ever need it. Also, I would think, if there are any problems with the import, you may have the option to return it for a refund (possibly with a restocking fee); but it may not be possible if it arrived though a forwarder (as customs will only return it to the sending address, and the forwarder might refuse to accept and return it to the seller on your behalf; or you would have to pay them to do so, if they are willing to).

I would also be concerned if the forwarder would be able to declare the item correctly (which might affect import clearance to SG); if the forwarder would even accept the package (because it is Rx only - check their shipping restriction lists); and if the retailer can accept your (non-US) prescription for shipping to a US address - it could be possible to work around this last point, by paying a little more and getting a mask in separate parts (eg, frame and headgear separately) as doing so usually avoids requiring a prescription in the US; but it is unclear if such a the shipment will be permitted into SG without a prescription.

But yeah, if you do decide to go down this route, do share with us how it worked out, and which forwarder you used.

You are using the 10% discount code with 1800cpap right?
Hello,

thanks for replying and for the late reply.

YEs i used the 1800 cpap. i have decided to use the forwarder method and it seems like the right move.
Currently the items are otw to me and i will update again once i receive it.

The amount i paid for is $39.43 SGD - economy shipping - they charging at actual weight - 2.64Kg for $23.94 SGD + $10.49 SGD for insurance and $5GD for delivery to my place.

there is a more expensive expedited shipping - where they charge volumetric weight - $39.94+ $10++ for insurance and $5 SGD for delivery.

i used ezbuy forwarding address.

Cheers

XpapXpap

Reaction score
Hello,

thanks for replying and for the late reply.

YEs i used the 1800 cpap. i have decided to use the forwarder method and it seems like the right move.
Currently the items are otw to me and i will update again once i receive it.

The amount i paid for is $39.43 SGD - economy shipping - they charging at actual weight - 2.64Kg for $23.94 SGD + $10.49 SGD for insurance and $5GD for delivery to my place.

there is a more expensive expedited shipping - where they charge volumetric weight - $39.94+ $10++ for insurance and $5 SGD for delivery.

i used ezbuy forwarding address.

Cheers
How long does that shipment take to arrive Singapore? I use usps which is the default shipper for 1800cpap which is taking a long time.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long does that shipment take to arrive Singapore? I use usps which is the default shipper for 1800cpap which is taking a long time.

At this time, due to the current Coronavirus situation, I believe that shipping may be considerably delayed, regardless of the carrier.

In late Apr/early May, I ordered something from the US, shipped via "DHL Packet Plus International". It took DHL~24 days to process the package though their distribution center in the US before it was placed on an outbound flight.

Last edited:

cquey

Master Member
Reaction score
if u like me go for the

economy shipping - shipped out on the 10th, estimated to be 24th- actual weight
expedited shipping - will be faster by 5 days? but volumetric weight

XpapXpap

Reaction score
At this time, due to the current Coronavirus situation, I believe that shipping may be considerably delayed, regardless of the carrier.

In late Apr/early May, I ordered something from the US, shipped via "DHL Packet Plus International". It took DHL~24 days to process the package though their distribution center in the US before it was placed on an outbound flight.
Thanks for the reply.

XpapXpap

Reaction score
if u like me go for the

economy shipping - shipped out on the 10th, estimated to be 24th- actual weight
expedited shipping - will be faster by 5 days? but volumetric weight
Thanks. Keep us posted when you received your package. Seems a lot cheaper than what 1800 cpap is offering. In future we could explore this.

jonkwan

Reaction score
I have been using the philips auto cpap for five months now but still wake up in the middle of the night. I am not sure if it is because of my nasal pillow mask which I bought from lazada ie a china made mask. Anyone has same issues as me?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been using the philips auto cpap for five months now but still wake up in the middle of the night. I am not sure if it is because of my nasal pillow mask which I bought from lazada ie a china made mask. Anyone has same issues as me?

Do you know what is causing you to wake up; as in, can you describe it a bit more?

Does your unit display any statistics at the end of each night? (eg: mask fit, AHI, etc?) What does it say, especially on nights where you find yourself being woken up?

If you have one of these CPAP units (that does detailed data recording), you could try to use this software to try to make some sense of the recorded data, and see for yourself.

If you think the issue might be caused by your mask, just order and try a different one. I went though about 6 different masks, before I found one that I felt was comfortable and worked well for me.

Ultimately, it might be best to let your sleep doctor look over your data, and advise you on what you can try. You should still be seeing him/her semi-regularly after initially being prescribed with a CPAP.

Wind

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Had bought a resmed cpap many years back thru 1800cpap and hadnt been checkin this thread since. I’m planning to buy a travel dreamstation go and hav the following qns.

1. Which US portal is cheapest to get a dreamstation go now? 1800cpap price doesnt seem competitive now.
2. Able to do direct shipping to SG now? I was lookin at cpap.com and it says cant ship international.
3. Does using a fwder like ezbuy works? I previously declare to HSA first b4 shipping arrives. Can do that for ezbuy?
4. Any other things to be aware of b4 purchase

Thanks

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4. Any other things to be aware of b4 purchase

Before you try to import, make sure you have a doctor's prescription for a CPAP and mask. If you do not have one, the shipment will get stopped, and possibly impounded by customs.

You're already aware as you've imported a unit before - but I was just repeating it for others who are following this thread, and was considering to do so.

jawaniwai

Reaction score
1. Which US portal is cheapest to get a dreamstation go now? 1800cpap price doesnt seem competitive now.
2. Able to do direct shipping to SG now? I was lookin at cpap.com and it says cant ship international.

Have you tried "thecpapshop.com". It does direct ship to SG.

Pls keep us posted after you have done.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.