Will making

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
If yr beneficiaries r minors, make sure u have 2 executors, not one. To prevent abuse.

And be aware that the government may interfere as a public trustee.

ehsevol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time "shopping" around for will writing and LPA (lasting power of attorney).

May I know if this is a fair price?

Basic Will
Basic/Simple Will – starts from S$338. This is a “general Will” in which the testator gives his entire estate to up to 6 beneficiaries appointing 2 Executors
1) Additional Clause – Add S$50 per clause.
2) Additional Executor or Trustee – Add S$20 per Executor or Trustee.
4) Additional Beneficiaries from a) 7 to 10 – Add S$50. b)11 to 20 – Add S$100.

Lasting Power of Attorney
LPA Form 1 – S$250 excluding administrative and charges imposed by the Office of Public Guardian.
Singapore Citizen – Registration Fee $75 waived till 31st Aug 2018
Permanent Resident – Registration Fee $100
Foreigners – Registration Fee $250

Not too sure how much the LPA will add up to, since I don't know what are the "administrative and charges imposed by Office of Public Guardian".

luvpraline

Reaction score
Since the 2 witnesses cannot benefit from the will, any ideas who we can approach to be witnesses, if we prefer not to trouble friends/ relatives?

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since the 2 witnesses cannot benefit from the will, any ideas who we can approach to be witnesses, if we prefer not to trouble friends/ relatives?

Make sure both witnesses are present to witness that you sign the will in their presence.

My aunty's will naming me as executor and beneficiary was witnessed by my sis and the testator's maid and the will is kept by me :s13:

luvpraline

Reaction score
Thanks qhong61 & henry.

Because it's going to be a very simple & straightforward will, was hoping to save $300 by using OCBC's will generator :s13: then realised that we'd have to trouble 2 pax to be witnesses. Was wondering if any gov offices could provide such a service, like when we made our cpf nomination or any creative ideas u guys have :s13:

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks qhong61 & henry.

Because it's going to be a very simple & straightforward will, was hoping to save $300 by using OCBC's will generator :s13: then realised that we'd have to trouble 2 pax to be witnesses. Was wondering if any gov offices could provide such a service, like when we made our cpf nomination or any creative ideas u guys have :s13:
No.........

iadpotato

Reaction score
How detailed is a will exactly? Like how much from what bank goes to who, these shares go to who?

Honestly when some ppl die, it’s gonna be complicated coz they have money here and there, shares here and there, investments bere and there... how to sort out? There may be a chance some sums of money is missed out and will forever be in limbo without anyone knowing...

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How detailed is a will exactly? Like how much from what bank goes to who, these shares go to who?

Honestly when some ppl die, it’s gonna be complicated coz they have money here and there, shares here and there, investments bere and there... how to sort out? There may be a chance some sums of money is missed out and will forever be in limbo without anyone knowing...
Go lawyer best. How detailed can be done. Only charges different.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get your wills correctly done as soon as possible.
——

The perils of leaving without wills

tRrgh3Z.jpg

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am preparing for a day when I may be a plaintiff :s13:

Background -

Basically, my Aunty has made me a beneficiary of a 3rm hdb flat that is 50% owned with her adopted son, who is my real brother. l will never know whether her biological children have made her to change her will subsequently.

My Aunty will be hundred early next year and is living with her biological son. I promised my Aunty that the half share willed to me will be held by me to prevent the adopted son from selling the flat. If I am forced to sell, I told my Aunty that I plan to give my share to the adopted son over a period of time in installments.

I discussed the matter with the the biological son and he indicated no interest in the matter or the hdb flat. Few years after the Will was made, the son got his elder sister (to fly down from UK) to discuss with me about the selling of the said hdb flat and if not, allow her to made the mother to change the will with her or her daughter as the beneficiary :s13:

I disagreed with the intention to sell the flat and I also made it clear to the sister not to attempt to make her mother to change the will. In short, I told her that I will contest the changed will to the end when her mother die, even it may be a futile or dumb suit.

So I am preparing whether I, before my death, can appoint someone to carry my legal action, should I die before the closure of the legal suit. I am prepared to drag on the case as long as I can and as long as I can afford the legal fee, even it means spending more than half my share of the flat :s22:

polyglob

Reaction score

I keep a spreadsheet listing bank accounts, brokerage accounts, credit cards, insurance policies, properties etc for my family. I print 2 copies and keep them in sealed envelopes, 1 at home, 1 for safekeeping at my parents' place. For bank and brokerage accounts I don't list the amount of money inside. For insurance I include the insured amount. This will save my family the trouble to gather this info in the event of my passing.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Background -

Basically, my Aunty has made me a beneficiary of a 3rm hdb flat that is 50% owned with her adopted son, who is my real brother. l will never know whether her biological children have made her to change her will subsequently.

My Aunty will be hundred early next year and is living with her biological son. I promised my Aunty that the half share willed to me will be held by me to prevent the adopted son from selling the flat. If I am forced to sell, I told my Aunty that I plan to give my share to the adopted son over a period of time in installments.

I discussed the matter with the the biological son and he indicated no interest in the matter or the hdb flat. Few years after the Will was made, the son got his elder sister (to fly down from UK) to discuss with me about the selling of the said hdb flat and if not, allow her to made the mother to change the will with her or her daughter as the beneficiary :s13:

I disagreed with the intention to sell the flat and I also made it clear to the sister not to attempt to make her mother to change the will. In short, I told her that I will contest the changed will to the end when her mother die, even it may be a futile or dumb suit.

So I am preparing whether I, before my death, can appoint someone to carry my legal action, should I die before the closure of the legal suit. I am prepared to drag on the case as long as I can and as long as I can afford the legal fee, even it means spending more than half my share of the flat :s22:
Why ur aunty didn't want to will to her own children?

chrisloh65

Reaction score
You can write your own will by referring to here:

http://singaporeprobate.com/wills/diy-guide-drafting-will-singapore/

Save yourself a few hundred dollars to go for a good meal and can rewrite the will any time you want. :s13:

First time "shopping" around for will writing and LPA (lasting power of attorney).

May I know if this is a fair price?

Basic Will
Basic/Simple Will – starts from S$338. This is a “general Will” in which the testator gives his entire estate to up to 6 beneficiaries appointing 2 Executors
1) Additional Clause – Add S$50 per clause.
2) Additional Executor or Trustee – Add S$20 per Executor or Trustee.
4) Additional Beneficiaries from a) 7 to 10 – Add S$50. b)11 to 20 – Add S$100.

Lasting Power of Attorney
LPA Form 1 – S$250 excluding administrative and charges imposed by the Office of Public Guardian.
Singapore Citizen – Registration Fee $75 waived till 31st Aug 2018
Permanent Resident – Registration Fee $100
Foreigners – Registration Fee $250

Not too sure how much the LPA will add up to, since I don't know what are the "administrative and charges imposed by Office of Public Guardian".

chrisloh65

Reaction score
One solution is to make it generic and not specific.
Refer here:
http://singaporeprobate.com/wills/diy-guide-drafting-will-singapore/

Also, make a list of banks accounts (without $ amount details), insurance policies you have, brokers with shares in custodian etc. and put together with your wills so that your trustee can find all your assets more easily, especially for overseas properties and assets.

chrisloh65

Reaction score
Yes, and both must witness you signing the wills and sign at the same time in their physical presence. Just get 2 close friends or relatives to do it will do, simple.
Make sure witness is not a beneficiary!

U need two witnesses.

chrisloh65

Reaction score
Yours is a very complicated case. :o

Background -

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.