Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Like i said, to each his own. I have claimed seat pan, posturefit, and pneumatic cylinder for mine with Xtra in the 12 yrs ive owned my classic. Just saying, 12 yrs is a long time for any item, especially one where you use everyday, for almost the majority of the day. A simple chair can probably last a long time, a wooden chair can even last longer than a lifetime. Keep in mind the Aeron is a full featured mechanical chair with many moving parts.

Also would just like to add, Xtra is selling Aerons ASSEMBLED in China now only because the supply chain is affected in the US. If the Shopee seller says he is getting USA stocks now, he must have a secret unlimited stash of Aerons in his basement or something lol. For those who got from him recently, and it came without manufacturing labels underneath the seat, i’d be suspicious.

Afaik, shopee sellee is having aerons from JAN 2020 batch.

Also, doesn't hurt to check herman miller website, production plant isn't closed in the US infact they have part of production changed to making PPEs and masks etc, there are advisories on shipping delays and that is about it.

PRC factories were closed probably for at least 1 to 2 months as well anyway resulting in Xtra lack of chairs now I guess? Their website is showing late june and early July.

More importantly, if u were so confident of PRC QC why now the change of focus to "assembly in PRC". I am quite sure if you tried to google, HM's only factory in dongguan,china fully produces the aeron chairs. Inclusive of the mesh seating if that makes u happy. :)

If you did already buy from Xtra, I can understand the defending of your purchase in the means of warranty, otherwise doesn't make sense for anyone who haven't bought from Xtra to at least compare the price of Aerons sold in Xtra - be it respective to PI, PRC taobao or even HM USA RSP.

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No leh....my friend want to buy also....where to find 1599?

Is under Shopee > Seller is audiosg

Currently is listed at $1780, if you click the listing there is a banner stating - 6 Jun Special Price is $1599.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
zx1lNIQ.jpg

LaChouette

Reaction score
Afaik, shopee sellee is having aerons from JAN 2020 batch.

Also, doesn't hurt to check herman miller website, production plant isn't closed in the US infact they have part of production changed to making PPEs and masks etc, there are advisories on shipping delays and that is about it.

PRC factories were closed probably for at least 1 to 2 months as well anyway resulting in Xtra lack of chairs now I guess? Their website is showing late june and early July.

More importantly, if u were so confident of PRC QC why now the change of focus to "assembly in PRC". I am quite sure if you tried to google, HM's only factory in dongguan,china fully produces the aeron chairs. Inclusive of the mesh seating if that makes u happy. :)

If you did already buy from Xtra, I can understand the defending of your purchase in the means of warranty, otherwise doesn't make sense for anyone who haven't bought from Xtra to at least compare the price of Aerons sold in Xtra - be it respective to PI, PRC taobao or even HM USA RSP.

Again, to each his own. Guess i shan’t reply to the other top few points, else it will be an endless convo. Just take it that you have the argument and i agree with you.

As for the last point, reasonable minds can differ, but i just feel it’s penny wise pound foolish to save a couple bucks thinking you’re getting a good deal from a no name seller. Like i mentioned, if anything fails in the 12 yrs and the seller is no where to be found, you can just write off the savings entirely.

Also my friend has an Embody from Xtra which started creaking a little after 9 years of usage, sent them an email and got an entire chair back replacement FOC under warranty. Chair looks brand new like day one again with fresh upholstery after 9 yrs. That hassle free replacement itself is worth the warranty. I doubt any PI seller will entertain your creaking / squeaky chair in a few yrs time, let alone 9 yrs.

A squeaky chair isn’t a big enough problem that you would wanna spend a couple hundred just to replace some parts without warranty, but surely annoying enough for a chair that you paid a thousand over bucks for. And before you come in and say spraying lubricant will fix the creaks, no it wouldn’t.

Last edited:

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score

NotToday

Reaction score
@vulpix good for you man... hows the breathability of Fern though, did you manage to try that out at office?

i'm still contemplating whether to go for a budget stretch and opt for new aeron or not... second hand aeron camp for quite some time liao bo luck or either the seller not responsive.. also looking at haworth (fern, zody, soji) and steelcase (leap v2)

been following this thread in shadow for days and can't make decision yet :(

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.