The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

bearyixiong

Reaction score
Hey there peeps, my friend has decided to go the Lasik route and is gifting me a pair of his Lindberg from his collection, may I know where is the best place to get it reworked and readjusted to my face?

He recommended eyes@work but I see they will still be closed till 16th June.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
The best place to get it refitted would be the place he purchased it from.
Lindberg requires proper skills in adjustment to handle thus going to any other Lindberg retailers in Singapore is fine BUT it will be adjusted at your own risk. Break=not the shop problem.
If he got it from E@W then better to go back there to refit, with him around would be Better too.

Hey there peeps, my friend has decided to go the Lasik route and is gifting me a pair of his Lindberg from his collection, may I know where is the best place to get it reworked and readjusted to my face?

He recommended eyes@work but I see they will still be closed till 16th June.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually most places would try their best to handle them with care.( we wouldn’t want to damage anyones frame too)
But if you are worried then I suggest go to places that carries such Brand’s and enquire there..

Actually thats my main worry.
I have 2 specs lenses to make...and the frames r kinda ex.
• Moscot &
• Oliver Peoples.

i'm doing progressive lenses. so might cost me over $2k for high index 1.7
for 2 frames.

Not sure those neighbourhood optical shops will handle with care. :eek:

:( :o :(

bearyixiong

Reaction score
The best place to get it refitted would be the place he purchased it from.
Lindberg requires proper skills in adjustment to handle thus going to any other Lindberg retailers in Singapore is fine BUT it will be adjusted at your own risk. Break=not the shop problem.
If he got it from E@W then better to go back there to refit, with him around would be Better too.

Thanks for that. Why need him around though?

mirage_16

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone has recommendations for shops that can make quality spectacles for high degree (900+) + high astigmatism (300+)?

Used to frequent Queensway shops until my last bad experience at a particular shop. The optometrist didn't do the fitting well resulting in imprecise vision. The materials of the spectacles were also poor quality.

Price is not too much of a concern, and I don't care for the frame's brand.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
You can consider
Mr eyewear West Mall
Kj optics plaza sing
Jamco optical Katong shopping center

These places are good.

Hi,

Anyone has recommendations for shops that can make quality spectacles for high degree (900+) + high astigmatism (300+)?

Used to frequent Queensway shops until my last bad experience at a particular shop. The optometrist didn't do the fitting well resulting in imprecise vision. The materials of the spectacles were also poor quality.

Price is not too much of a concern, and I don't care for the frame's brand.

gerald91

Reaction score
Hello All, any recommendation where can I get Lindberg eyewear? (Possible to get it below retail price ?)

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there, below RRP means after discount I believe?

I believe one of the better places to go would be Jamco optical. Do note that you have to call them to make an appointment before dropping by.

Hello All, any recommendation where can I get Lindberg eyewear? (Possible to get it below retail price ?)

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have some questions.

Q1. Do you guys wash your spectacles daily?
Q2. What do you wash it with? Water and soap, right?

TIA.

Distreet

Reaction score

Yes to both.

You can use warm water (not too hot) together with soap so the smudge/dirt can get off easier.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have some questions.

TIA.
First of all I got 10 pairs so I rotate them to wear... I bath with my specs.. Use the same soap wash the lenses.. Then come out I got those rubber ball blower.. Those use
To clean photography lenses.. Blow dry..

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I Always try my best To give forumners a better price, but if you can find an even better price outside, honestly I would recommend you to purchase from them as the price would surely be really good!

Again, I am here to just help out by answering qns from you guys(primarily).👍🏻

Hi gangsterkia, can give discount for fellow forummee?

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First of all I got 10 pairs so I rotate them to wear... I bath with my specs.. Use the same soap wash the lenses.. Then come out I got those rubber ball blower.. Those use
To clean photography lenses.. Blow dry..

Nakedtoes, 10 pairs! :eek::eek::eek:

Wah! First time I heard people drying their spectacles with the air blower.

Firesage

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'll like to ask your advice for good titanium spectacles brand(s).

Recently I've been wearing my current pair of specs longer/more often, and its been hurting a little after longer hours. I'm looking to get a pair of light weight specs, and have decided on titanium against plastic for the more professional look when I need to use it at work.

I did pop by to the specs shops near my place, and there was literally so many options given to me that it was overwhelming. I do not have a budget for this, so long as its worth the money. That is, 'Brand A' is expensive, but is indeed of better quality and feels more comfortable than others - I'm ok to purchase. If 'Brand B' is expensive just because of the branding but quality etc. wise same as cheaper alternatives, I rather get the alternatives.

Any advice please?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nakedtoes, 10 pairs! :eek::eek::eek:

Wah! First time I heard people drying their spectacles with the air blower.
It's same concept if u are a pro photographer with expensive lenses.. Same blower use for camera.. Like this no contact with specs lenses no scratches

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.