Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

I have got NordVPN, VyprVPN, ExpressVPN & Windscribe now.

Will do a comparison between them with apps like Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, Prime Video & Viu in the coming weeks.

VyprVPN for android and Windows running on Wireguard protocol leh. Fast, faster, fasterer

ExpressVPN now waiting for its Lightway protocol for speedier surfing

:D

Last edited:

damnit

Reaction score
Hi all, for Surfshark VPN users, what is the fastest US server that you use? I use the San Fran server and it seems the speed over VPN drops significantly.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, for Surfshark VPN users, what is the fastest US server that you use? I use the San Fran server and it seems the speed over VPN drops significantly.

What is your expectation? As long as you get above 25Mbps and stable, that is not bad already.

My paid purevpn LA server, SingTel speedtest server, so it is kind of round trip, single connection
6145473754.png

Free Astrill Android VPN LA sever is much faster. Same speedtest settings.
6145466827.png

Last edited:

netfreak123

Reaction score
are u guys able to get 4k streaming on netflix US on surfshark?
Previously tried with smartdnsproxy, can't really get 4k streaming

netfreak123

Reaction score
Actually I did the network speed test in the netflix app after using the smartdnsproxy (got something like 60+mbps) but still not getting 4k quality (tested using the "test pattern").

Without the smart dns, it was around 150mbps (not problem getting 4k resolution)

Does surfshark has trial? can pm me a code? thanks!

U need min. connection spend of 25mbps speed for 4k.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody try the ASUS router free VPN? Hear that the speed is very slow.
Any info?

Do you mean the OpenVPN server on Asus routers? You need to have a good one with powerful CPU which can do encryption work fast in order to have good OpenVPN performance, like Asus RT-AC86U.

The performance is very good and can be around 200Mbps. New AX router like the AX88U and AX86U should offer similar performances.

Ref:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/openvpn-performance-of-the-rt-ac86u.41217/

So basically, expect around 200 Mbps of throughput for RT-AC86U (I doubt the GT-AC5300's extra cores will make any real difference, OpenVPN being single threaded). That's about 4x faster than the RT-AC68U, and probably around 3x faster than the RT-AC88U/RT-AC3100/RT-AC5300.

Last edited:

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got NordVPN and a new Asus RT-58u router recently
Managed to setup OpenVPN with Nord on the router but realised that it would apply for all SSIDs

Has anyone managed to setup different ssids like
1) Regular SSID
2) SSID connected to VPN

So I can simply toggle between the ssids rather than turning the VPN on/off on the router page (which routes all connected devices through the VPN)
I read that its possible if you use the AsusWRT - Merlin FW but would like to hear more about it before trying the setup

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.