If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In sg weather mesh is the best. But many people don't like the feeling of mesh as well hahaha.

Maybe soon they will offer mesh like SecretLab's office chairs.

unless they never wear cloths, that should not be an issue right? :look:

Last edited:

Deathzz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea currently using apol behemoth fabric.. i am not sold to it still. its ok but not excellent in my opinion. changed from a mesh chair to this and the heat is 1 issue. mesh structure more accomodating, gaming chair more rigid. the headrest pillow is hard imo. and the side arms have a weird ridge at the side.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same regardless with clothes or not. u sure perspire because of the heat.

Am referring to the feel of the mesh against bare skin.
Has nothing to do with perspiration.

On a side note, have always had fabric chair & since trying out the aeon always wanted to but yet to try mesh type.

Last edited:

pokkajas

Reaction score
looks over priced leh people buy to join show they using same chair as their streamers only :s13:

waddapoke

Reaction score
It's true that it's quite a bit over-priced. you have cheaper alternatives like royale / apol these days (of course there will be differences in design etc. that one u can go check it out on youtube/website).

lol I got the secretlab titan softweave anw and tbh my backpain is gone leh. i feel the new PU 2.0 is just postponing the inevitable. end of the day PU leather will still peel. might as well just get fabric.

anw, for those planning to get SL, feel free to dm me for referral code - u get $25 i get fabric cleaner. win-win. stay safe yall

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
I always feel that fabric based furniture like sofas chairs etc quite disgusting after some years of using. It's like soaking in all the sweat, dirt, spilled drinks etc.

Of course if it's possible to wash the fabric then yeah that's fine. But otherwise yeah just don't like the thought of that.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Guys, if you are an existing MyRepublic user not under contract. There is a 2-year renewal contract that comes with a SL chair.

neenjar

Reaction score
Secretlab also reach out to me. They lie that it only happen to a small minority. My titan which is seldom used peeled b4 2 years. Everyone considering buying this chair can just forget it. Look another way.

zensushi

Reaction score
Secretlab also reach out to me. They lie that it only happen to a small minority. My titan which is seldom used peeled b4 2 years. Everyone considering buying this chair can just forget it. Look another way.

I agree on this point.

Just in this thread & all over HWZ forums, the anecdotal evidence is damning. :eek: :mad:

louisho

Reaction score
saw that Royale Ergonomics was mentioned a couple of times here.
just wondering if anyone tried their chairs before and what's the feel like as compared to SL?

existential_reality

Reaction score
Mine started to peal around Dec 2019, bought it around Sep 2016 so say 3 years. I did receive a mailer giving a trade in discount or they will redo the PU Leather for a fee. Decided to use a local company to reupholster it instead, will see how it fares in few weeks time. Gonna do a real leather wrap for 400.

kenzi87

Reaction score
Their leather option is good, been sitting on it the past 6 months and long hours no issues

just wondering if anyone tried their chairs before and what's the feel like as compared to SL?

yamashita

Reaction score

I am using their faux leather series chair. Comfort level is on par with Secret Lab but the backrest is a little too deep in for me. Resolved this through the backrest cushion they provided.

Their faux leather is definitely much better than Secret Lab based on my comparison with Secret Lab 2018 Omega.

blackened

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone did the reupholstery from royale ergonomics for your secretlab chair? any review please?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.