Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

大蛇丸 Orochimaru

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Screen off cannot. U tap how many times also cannot :s13:

Double tap screen on can tap liao for google pay. Not fingerprint scanning needed

if phone using exynos, can find Singapore version firmware for your model number and flash it to Singapore version firmware

if using snapdragon then too bad, unless u can find and tamper with some config file but that requires u to root also

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
大蛇丸 Orochimaru;127602273 said:
u know rooting is about software right?

Of course I know, but that’s all I heard and nothing more info about it. Perhaps there’re some restriction or something else.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when I try to snap a photo on my Ultra there is a bit of delay before the photo is snapped. Quite annoying as by the time the photo is taken the moment is gone. Anyone else got this problem? It happened even before latest May update. With the ATE6 update I'm still experiencing this issue.

Modem is tuning thus delay a bit

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Did u set it to 108mp? If so, that is absolutely normal as it requires more processing power.

Doesn't matter. It still shoots in 108mp even if u don't set it to 108mp and Nona bin to lower res. So delay will always be there

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this weekend telcos dumping s20+ again, like woah 3 months went from $800 to $380 with cheapest 2 year contract :eek:

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been a few weeks already

feels like buying phones with 2 years contract + family or cis discount is cheaper than sims only.

as long you dont pre-order at launch purchase or involving apple phones. :eek:

Raigar

Reaction score
6t5IGPT

Please welcome me to the SD family now! First impression review as the following :

1. Signal : Exynos (1 bar) vs SD (Full bar). Wth?

2. Temp : Exynos (Hot from normal browsing with all the tweak) vs Snapdragon (Warm from all those initial setup and heavy load without any tweak)

The difference is so big, yet people keep saying Exynos is fine for non heavy user. DUDE YOU ARE BEING CONNED BY SAMSUNG. The differences is so bad to the point it's almost a crime they are sharing the same name.

Last edited:

zetoroz

Reaction score
6t5IGPT

Please welcome me to the SD family now! First impression review as the following :

2. Temp : Exynos (Hot from normal browsing with all the tweak) vs Snapdragon (Warm from all those initial setup and heavy load without any tweak)

The difference is so big, yet people keep saying Exynos is fine for non heavy user. DUDE YOU ARE BEING CONNED BY SAMSUNG. The differences is so bad to the point it's almost a crime they are sharing the same name.

Cannot see the picture, luckily I came across this forum if not I would have purchased the local s20p

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Signal
: Exynos (1 bar) vs SD (Full bar). Wth?

Temp
: Exynos (Hot from normal browsing with all the tweak) vs Snapdragon (Warm from all those initial setup and heavy load without any tweak)

That is exactly what i experience with my note 10 plus too, better signal strength, lesser heat output, bettery battery life

Yours is s20p? Korea set?

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
6t5IGPT

This is fake news! According to the Exynos fan boys here, there are no real world differences between Exynos and SD! :s22:

OddEye

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya telcos really like dumping s20 plus with low price with contract. Think this year alot of people forego signing with contract seeing there are no attractive android phones at good price point

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score
Recently thinking to sell the SD S20U. Camera auto focus still not so good. Would probably switch over to the one plus 8 pro which I am using as a spare phone currently. Battery life better despite smaller batt than the S20U and both are SD865 SOC.

Joewyf0713

Reaction score
I'm not a camera person, so I choose to stay with SD S20U, I know Oxygen OS is snappy and smooth, but One UI is snappy and smooth as well, more customization and better gesture experience with one hand operation+ app.

Btw I feeled my S20u battery better than my 8pro

Recently thinking to sell the SD S20U. Camera auto focus still not so good. Would probably switch over to the one plus 8 pro which I am using as a spare phone currently. Battery life better despite smaller batt than the S20U and both are SD865 SOC.

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Whole world knows ultra camera has issue.
Too ambitious with the 100x zoom and it's a hardware limitation.
I highly doubt software can fix this in the future.

Raigar

Reaction score
Whole world knows ultra camera has issue.
Too ambitious with the 100x zoom and it's a hardware limitation.
I highly doubt software can fix this in the future.

I think that's the reason they make the changes on Note 20+, although it's using the same camera module but they reduced the zoom to 50X only. It's their indirect way of saying, we screwed up on S20 Ultra and trying to make amend with Note 20. TBH, it' such a basic mistake that can easily spotted, why giant corporation like Samsung didn't do a proper test.

Galaxy S series is always the lab rat test before they improve the thing in Note series. But I just had enough with Exynos, so I will not wait for note series this time around and jump to SD bandwagon instead.

This is fake news! According to the Exynos fan boys here, there are no real world differences between Exynos and SD! :s22:

They are just trying to justify their buy and on the top of that, they are the one that easily get content with every single thing. Its really feels like different phone altogether, even the transition and navigation feels much smoother (I dare say almost as smooth as Oxygen OS) and I noticed the web loading during browsing is significantly much faster

That is exactly what i experience with my note 10 plus too, better signal strength, lesser heat output, bettery battery life

Yours is s20p? Korea set?

I'm wondering though, Previously when I'm still using S8 with Singtel Sim card, I'm always getting 1 bar at my place in Northeast line. So I changed it to M1, which giving me 90% or full bar. No issue when changing to S9 ,S10+ and Note 10+ Exynos, but this S20 Exynos always giving me 1 signal bar (I thought the issue is from the M1) and this issue has been ongoing for 4 months now, but when I popped in my SIM card to S20+ SD, It's always full bar. I was like Wth?? And I think that also what contributing to bad battery life, because the phone is constantly struggling to find a signal.

20+ Ang Mo set (AT&T).

Last edited:

Joewyf0713

Reaction score
Yes, I dare say is as smooth as Oxygen OS bro

I think that's the reason they make the changes on Note 20+, although it's using the same camera module but they reduced the zoom to 50X only. It's their indirect way of saying, we screwed up on S20 Ultra and trying to make amend with Note 20. TBH, it' such a basic mistake that can easily spotted, why giant corporation like Samsung didn't do a proper test.

Galaxy S series is always the lab rat test before they improve the thing in Note series. But I just had enough with Exynos.

They are just trying to justify their buy and on the top of that, they are the one that easily get content with every single thing. Its really feels like different phone altogether, even the transition and navigation feels much smoother (I dare say almost as smooth as Oxygen OS) and I noticed the web loading during browsing is significantly much faster

I'm wondering though, Previously when I'm still using S8 with Singtel Sim card, I'm always getting 1 bar at my place in Northeast line. So I changed it to M1, which giving me 90% or full bar. No issue when changing to S9 ,S10+ and Note 10+ Exynos, but this S20 Exynos always giving me 1 signal bar (I thought the issue is from the M1) and this issue has been ongoing for 4 months now, but when I popped in my SIM card to S20+ SD, It's always full bar. I was like Wth?? And I think that also what contributing to bad battery life, because the phone is constantly struggling to find a signal.

20+ Ang Mo set (AT&T).

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Note 20 going to include a laser focusing which hopefully will help with the focusing issue. If note 20 is flat screen is as rumoured, will be next on my list! Else Sony 1 ii also seems interesting.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.