Suss part time degree

sunset80

Reaction score
May i know if study part time here will i have to put in a lot of effort in order to finish the course?

I'm already in my 40s, with family, may not be able to focus all in study, and may mot have so much energy for it too...

Sent from HUAWEI using GAGT

Ohyaitsme

Reaction score
why not take a top up one year degree?
i turn 40 next year also intend to get a degree
4 years part time degree feel abit long.
might as well do private degree shortest and the fastest wayy

sunset80

Reaction score
Govt got heavy subsidy to ppl who are 40 and above. Total cost for degree in suss is less than 7k

orinyori

Reaction score
May i know if study part time here will i have to put in a lot of effort in order to finish the course?

I'm already in my 40s, with family, may not be able to focus all in study, and may mot have so much energy for it too...

How much effort depends on the individual, but effort is definitely required. It's possible to fail the modules and drop out of the programs. However, there are many factors affecting the amount of effort you want to put in and the amount of effort you can put in.

I'm sure you can imagine that there are groups of students who just want to pass and get the degree, but there are also students who want to do well for the degree. The amount of effort by these different groups of students would be different.

Because it's a part-time program, many of us have existing commitments which affects the amount of time and effort we can put into the program. You can choose to take less modules per semester so that you can better manage your work, family and school. The fees are paid on a modular basis unlike NUS/NTU/SMU. The fees due would depend on how many modules you choose to take in that semester, instead of a fixed amount every semester like the other AUs. Of course, the downside of taking less modules would be the longer time required to complete the whole program.

You are not alone though! Most students here have work and family commitments, and there are quite a number of students above 40 years old.

All the best!

Ohyaitsme

Reaction score
Govt got heavy subsidy to ppl who are 40 and above. Total cost for degree in suss is less than 7k

take one year top up degree 1 year 12k.
or SUSS 4 year degree 7k

I take the one year degree.

munnie93

Reaction score

I feel you... I have family and work commitments (like others) and I feel as though I won’t be able to put in a lot of effort and energy to my studies. Tbh my goal is just to pass and get the degree.

HotCheetos

Reaction score
Looking for alumni from BSc Digital Media

Hey guys, anyone who's from SUSS BSc in Digital Media? Would like some advice from a veteran as I'm considering to apply for it.

Ysatis

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can someone share the top up degree for suss ? couldn't find in the website.

Reaction score
why not take a top up one year degree?
i turn 40 next year also intend to get a degree
4 years part time degree feel abit long.
might as well do private degree shortest and the fastest wayy

I'm 33 and in the midst of DIY-ING my first house so yea there's a lot going on for me while pursuing this part time degree at SUSS.

However I feel that it's still copable. I'm already on my coming 5th semester this July. Just nice halfway through on CU cleared. I took 5 modules on my very first sem and thank god I coped well. Also partly because I want to graduate as soon as I can. On average I take 3 to 4 modules per sem and as I calculated the fastest I can graduate is 3.5 - 4 years. And 3-4 modules per sem is pretty difficult to keep up.

So far so good for me, still on track for my goal of graduating with honours. After this, I shall continue on my part time study journey of MSc and hopefully PhD

parchiao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What background do you have and what kind of course are you thinking of?

Anything not technical is easy, does not matter SUSS or elsewhere. If English and strong and memory is good, no problem. Reason is because if is something technical, and not something related to work, learning new concepts at 40 wife family will take a lot of effort. The upside with part time degrees is that you can take your time.

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should really think of which degree u wanna take

yup, personal interest is the key driver.
without interest, one can get very unmotivated during the course of studies.

i'll completed my studies in 4.5 years time frame, it took longer than usual due the some family events like grandparents death and excusing myself from family events...:s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.