Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

Vulpix

Reaction score
I've emailed both Steelcase and Haworth Singapore to find out more about showroom reopening. Haworth was very responsive and replied multiple emails with relevant information while Steelcase has not replied at all. This worries me about warranty claims in the future - if they can't even be bothered to entertain prospective customers that they can earn money from, how will they treat warranty claims that don't contribute to their bottom line? This sucks because I was actually leaning towards getting a Leap after watching a few video reviews. What worries me about the Fern is build quality as I saw a few pages back about the plastic construction of the Zody that spoils easily.
It doesn't spoil that easily lah. If you normal home use, it's quite sturdy. Only some parts are plastic, but they're not bad quality plastic. My 11 year old Zody speaks for itself. For the Leap v2 just take note that the back is not mesh, it's a bit warm to sit on.

orbvius

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It doesn't spoil that easily lah. If you normal home use, it's quite sturdy. Only some parts are plastic, but they're not bad quality plastic. My 11 year old Zody speaks for itself. For the Leap v2 just take note that the back is not mesh, it's a bit warm to sit on.

Boss, u try before secretlab office chair?
How does it compare with zody?

sseah12

Reaction score
Just got my chairworkers s7 bought direct from their .com

- Fabric feels great (some kind of velvet lined fabric)
- Overall Chair feels very nice
- Controls are flimsy and wobbly.. I can hold on to the main lever and rattle it (like its not secured properly.)
- Side tilt is abit flimsy and wobbly but OK
- Arm rests has alot of play and rattles. Also everytime I apply some force while getting up (not full weight) on the armrest, It loses its hold.
- Lumbar support does not hold its position well, I can put it to its highest position but it will shift down when I lean back.

1.8 80kg here. Normal?
joking.. Maybe BB sit on the chair and the back flabs press the lumbar support down?.. Seems like the gear teeth a bit loose hence the parts don't bite or hold onto each other properly?
I emailed UI whether they gonna have s7 v2 since their website mention they are are constantly updating the design.. And whether they can include 4d arms and lbar depth adjuster.. Hehe

Shinyunicorn

Reaction score
Was going to get the HM Aeron but contemplated till now. After reading everyone's comments, am considering the Haworth Fern instead. Thanks all for sharing!

From my email correspondences with Haworth, warranty is as such for the Fern:

12 years: Chair frame, moving mechanisms
10 years: Arm cap, casters
2 years: Mesh back, seat foam

sseah12

Reaction score
I've emailed both Steelcase and Haworth Singapore to find out more about showroom reopening. Haworth was very responsive and replied multiple emails with relevant information while Steelcase has not replied at all. This worries me about warranty claims in the future - if they can't even be bothered to entertain prospective customers that they can earn money from, how will they treat warranty claims that don't contribute to their bottom line? This sucks because I was actually leaning towards getting a Leap after watching a few video reviews. What worries me about the Fern is build quality as I saw a few pages back about the plastic construction of the Zody that spoils easily.
12 yr warranty no scared.. Yep I also quote impressed with Haworth sales rep response.. Chairworkers email oso no respond.. Zzz

LaChouette

Reaction score
Was going to get the HM Aeron but contemplated till now. After reading everyone's comments, am considering the Haworth Fern instead. Thanks all for sharing!

Great choice :s12: Fern is overall a better and cheaper chair than Aeron, you will not be disappointed

Vulpix

Reaction score
Boss, u try before secretlab office chair?
How does it compare with zody?
My friend has the OEM version of that garbage, it's not very comfortable, the chair feels cheap, overall I would not even bother when a Haworth Soji is almost the same price and feels higher quality.

Vulpix

Reaction score

Sounds about right to me, the mesh and seat foam you don't change often one, will last quite long. The parts that will spoil usually is the arm cap and the castors, both which I have changed once in the 11 years I have owned the Zody.

orbvius

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friend has the OEM version of that garbage, it's not very comfortable, the chair feels cheap, overall I would not even bother when a Haworth Soji is almost the same price and feels higher quality.

OK noted boss :eek:

skiversupreme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
joking.. Maybe BB sit on the chair and the back flabs press the lumbar support down?.. Seems like the gear teeth a bit loose hence the parts don't bite or hold onto each other properly?
I emailed UI whether they gonna have s7 v2 since their website mention they are are constantly updating the design.. And whether they can include 4d arms and lbar depth adjuster.. Hehe

Sent them an email with videos. Not sure it's normal, I am not a very difficult consumer but the made in Malaysia Merryfair chair in my office feels sturdier.

illumnae

Reaction score
Thanks for the assurance! I'm looking forward to their showroom opening to try and if nothing goes wrong will place an order then. Pity about the waiting time, but I intend to get the 4d armrests and the headrest so the discount model not suitable for me anyway

Customer service matters alot to me - one of the reasons I don't like buying online. Some friends say I'm too old fashioned :s13:

12 yr warranty no scared.. Yep I also quote impressed with Haworth sales rep response.. Chairworkers email oso no respond.. Zzz

AhhHoNG

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
amortize over 2yrs, less then $1 per day, its no brainer....
Some more buy direct from manufacturer, no parallel import warranty worries...

Sure fast hand, fast leg grab first :s13:
Cannot liddat say. wad if u spend $1 everyday to get irritated by the side tilt and flimsy parts?? hope phase 2 can go their warehouse to test and oso got sum official launch promo

sseah12

Reaction score
Thanks for the assurance! I'm looking forward to their showroom opening to try and if nothing goes wrong will place an order then. Pity about the waiting time, but I intend to get the 4d armrests and the headrest so the discount model not suitable for me anyway

Customer service matters alot to me - one of the reasons I don't like buying online. Some friends say I'm too old fashioned :s13:
Hehe.. Maybe we can go tog.. I may get the headrest / 4d arm w colour option..

i_dun_understand

Reaction score
can sic which spec u got? Assuming not the promo one right?

Yup.. non promo spec

I got the executive fern (aka come with headrest) + all the optional add on (lumbar, 4D arm, soft wheels, seat depth adjustment, forward tilt and backward lock)

Choose an all white silver colour combi

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.