Android TV Box

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Xiaofan, thank you for your reply.
I had already installed the App, initially to Zidoo Z9s. Tried adjusting the settings and wifi but to no avail. The box is wired connection.
Then I installed to my Samsung mobile, sadly still no connection. Can you please tell how to do the casting?

don't install on phones. install tv version on tv box.

you need the dlna-enabled app on handphone to cast to tv box.

e.g install 第一影视 from playstore on your samsung. play the video, then click on the tv icon at the top right corner of the video. Many chinese video app are dlna -enabled.

you can also use app such as quickcast, to cast video from website.
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZSQNEkZHnS8gcMBHhXRsI4rflQbgBjBTFjX

note: don't use the later/latest version from playstore, there are showing toooo many advertisements.

if you are using iphone, just airplay to tv box.

yeowboon

Reaction score
Hi all, recently bought a android smart tv TCL for my parents. Was wondering if there is any HK drama/variety show app that can straight download to the tv itself? Was previously using an android box but idk how to update the app so the box cant use anymore..but now with android tv, can i skip the box altogether?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, recently bought a android smart tv TCL for my parents. Was wondering if there is any HK drama/variety show app that can straight download to the tv itself? Was previously using an android box but idk how to update the app so the box cant use anymore..but now with android tv, can i skip the box altogether?

Yes you can. Try out TVB Anywhere+ basic zone to see if you like it or not. If yes you can pay subscription.

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
QYTV GG..

Thanks to Greg Choo bro, I just saw your posting few posts up.. thanks to you I enjoyed QYTV for years..

Sigh..

Can anyone pm me a replacement app please?

bumperbee

Reaction score
It supports certain apps only under Android with DLNA cast. What is the app you are trying to cast?

There is a video to show you how to cast and it is pretty simple.

Hi Xiaofan, thank you for the advice. I got it all wrong, I didn’t try out any app thinking I will see whatever display I have in my mobile once the casting is energised correctly. I will try out some movie apps that are DLNA enabled and visit their website to study how it is done.

bumperbee

Reaction score
don't install on phones. install tv version on tv box.

you need the dlna-enabled app on handphone to cast to tv box.

e.g install 第一影视 from playstore on your samsung. play the video, then click on the tv icon at the top right corner of the video. Many chinese video app are dlna -enabled.

you can also use app such as quickcast, to cast video from website.
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZSQNEkZHnS8gcMBHhXRsI4rflQbgBjBTFjX

note: don't use the later/latest version from playstore, there are showing toooo many advertisements.

if you are using iphone, just airplay to tv box.

Hi Gregory, thank you for the app and instructions, I try it out.

yeowboon

Reaction score
Anyone can PM me to teach me how to sideload apk app into android tv.? Apps that are not in playstore tho..

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chigz Tech Android TV Box Charts for reference only.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...goa4_QfkDXn9us8GI649GxKDSgI/edit?usp=drivesdk

Performance from high to low (I have removed low score boxes and no brand generic boxes).
Box, Price in US$, Score

NVIDIA SHIELD TV PRO (2019) $199.00 5
NVIDIA SHIELD TV (2019) $149.00 4.7
FIRE TV CUBE 4K (2ND GEN) $119.00 4.8
MINIX NEO U22-XJ $169.00 4.6
BEELINK GT KING $118.00 4.4
UGOOS AM6 $129.00 4.5
BEELINK GT KING PRO $149.00 4.4
MAGICSEE N6 PLUS $122.00 4.5
FIRE TV STICK 4K (3RD GEN) $49.99 4.6
MECOOL KM1 COLLECTIVE ED $79.00 4.4
XIAOMI MI BOX S / MIBOX 4 $79.00 4.6

Low cost FireTV Stick 4K and Mi Box get the same score of 4.6, only behind Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019, Amazon FireTV Cube 2.0 and Nvidia Shield TV 2019.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No change of my recommendations.

Mi Box S is still the best sub S$100 Android TV box in Singapore.

Mvidia Shield TV non-Pro (for streaming) and Pro (for streaming plus gaming) are the best boxes money can buy if you are okay with the high cost.

Amazon FireTV Stick 4K and FireTV Cube 2.0 are also good boxes but they are not as good in Singapore compared to in US.

If you do not need Netflix, then boxes like Mecool KM1 (Google certified Android TV OS, but not Netflix certified) can also be considered.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.