[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i nv play story mode coz i have a feeling it will suck, i tried multiplayer....its really hard to aim the droids, they are like stickmans..... and no zoom really hard:s22:

I played a bit of Star Wars Battefront 2 story campaign last night and I can't believe how bad it is. Is this really from a company that's been making shooters for years?

I can understand the starter weapon being weak, but it's totally lame. There's no aim down zoom yet don't know how I sometimes get a zoomed view once in a while (bug?). Some point it changes to another gun that fires some energy orbs and regular ammo, but I can't tell how to get it to fire the orbs. There is no radar/mini-map, so when an enemy shoots at you from behind, you don't know at all, the screen only turns red when your health is very low. Grenades are useless (there is no aiming line but I think, not sure, there is not even a reticle for grenade aiming?). And the default sensitivity is way too low, can't turn quick enough when enemy is meleeing you from behind.

Then reached Endor, things became worse. It tells you the captains can put down sentry turret, so you should prioritise them, but there's no telling who's a captain. All the enemies are like cardbord cutouts, especially if you zoom in (I switched to a rifle that appears to have a scope), they don't even look 3D modelled, they are just pieces of paper with low-res image, all are the same 2 designs. Their animation is worse than most indie games where the characters just shift around when standing. When you zoom in on an enemy that's behind cover, you can see him popping up and down and sideways, can't even get a shot at him. I don't know why but sometimes when I press R2 to shoot, Iden does a melee action instead, it's ridiculous, she will fire a few shots then melee thin air (I have my finger totally off the right stick so I don't accidentally press R3, just to test, and it's still the same), another bug? Often after firing some shots she will just stand there doing nothing, then I realised maybe she's reloading, there's no visual or audio cue (wait, energy weapon needs to reload? I mean, it actually says "reload" on a button prompt, not cool down or something).

Then some space fights, the game doesn't really explain what it wants you to do. The narrative tells you to do something, but on screen you only see los of enemy planes to shoot, no objective marker, so just keep shooting airplanes.

The whole skills/loadout is using a card system. They change weapon on you between chapters without telling you (fine, FPSes always do that), but why are some weapons (like fusion rifle, default from the start) equippable card that takes up a card slot? Why is scan, an essential function since there is no radar/minimap, also a card, and you want other useful cards you have to replace the scan function? The whole UI and skill/loadout is just designed for lootboxes style of play (which we know already, SW:BF2 is infamous for it).

Maybe because I am playing on regular PS4, not the Pro, so I am gettng lots of graphic glitches, maybe because the game is designed for people who play EA's FPS games all the time so they are familiar with the EA conventions, this game is almost unplayable to me. (I do play FPSes all the time, usually Destiny 2 nowadays, but I've played a fair share of Battlefields and CODs.) Perhaps I should drop the difficulty to lowest and just get it over with, then go try COD:WW2, cos SW:BF2 is no fun at all,
even the most basic fundamentals of shooting is no shiok.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I played a bit of Star Wars Battefront 2 story campaign last night and I can't believe how bad it is. Is this really from a company that's been making shooters for years?

I can understand the starter weapon being weak, but it's totally lame. There's no aim down zoom yet don't know how I sometimes get a zoomed view once in a while (bug?). Some point it changes to another gun that fires some energy orbs and regular ammo, but I can't tell how to get it to fire the orbs. There is no radar/mini-map, so when an enemy shoots at you from behind, you don't know at all, the screen only turns red when your health is very low. Grenades are useless (there is no aiming line but I think, not sure, there is not even a reticle for grenade aiming?). And the default sensitivity is way too low, can't turn quick enough when enemy is meleeing you from behind.

Then reached Endor, things became worse. It tells you the captains can put down sentry turret, so you should prioritise them, but there's no telling who's a captain. All the enemies are like cardbord cutouts, especially if you zoom in (I switched to a rifle that appears to have a scope), they don't even look 3D modelled, they are just pieces of paper with low-res image, all are the same 2 designs. Their animation is worse than most indie games where the characters just shift around when standing. When you zoom in on an enemy that's behind cover, you can see him popping up and down and sideways, can't even get a shot at him. I don't know why but sometimes when I press R2 to shoot, Iden does a melee action instead, it's ridiculous, she will fire a few shots then melee thin air (I have my finger totally off the right stick so I don't accidentally press R3, just to test, and it's still the same), another bug? Often after firing some shots she will just stand there doing nothing, then I realised maybe she's reloading, there's no visual or audio cue (wait, energy weapon needs to reload? I mean, it actually says "reload" on a button prompt, not cool down or something).

Then some space fights, the game doesn't really explain what it wants you to do. The narrative tells you to do something, but on screen you only see los of enemy planes to shoot, no objective marker, so just keep shooting airplanes.

The whole skills/loadout is using a card system. They change weapon on you between chapters without telling you (fine, FPSes always do that), but why are some weapons (like fusion rifle, default from the start) equippable card that takes up a card slot? Why is scan, an essential function since there is no radar/minimap, also a card, and you want other useful cards you have to replace the scan function? The whole UI and skill/loadout is just designed for lootboxes style of play (which we know already, SW:BF2 is infamous for it).

Maybe because I am playing on regular PS4, not the Pro, so I am gettng lots of graphic glitches, maybe because the game is designed for people who play EA's FPS games all the time so they are familiar with the EA conventions, this game is almost unplayable to me. (I do play FPSes all the time, usually Destiny 2 nowadays, but I've played a fair share of Battlefields and CODs.) Perhaps I should drop the difficulty to lowest and just get it over with, then go try COD:WW2, cos SW:BF2 is no fun at all, even the most basic fundamentals of shooting is no shiok.

i nv play story mode coz i have a feeling it will suck, i tried multiplayer....its really hard to aim the droids, they are like stickmans..... and no zoom really hard:s22:

I skipped the single player campaign.
I only play the coop mission mode.
It was hell fun playing with online players against bots or with your 3 other friends.
Yeah got to admit the aiming is quite bad, got to tweak abit in the settings for all of the sensitivity.
Otherwise, the game is quite fun though.
Been playing for the past few days. =:p

But the upgrade system for the guns and the card(skills) systems is kind of weak, very limited choices.
So after you max out the card skills to level 4 per skill, the points you get after you level up will be redundant.
Cannot use the points for further upgrade.

Conclusion is not too bad of a multiplayer game, got alot of other modes to try also. :D

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
The last time I played this series was SW: Battlefront 1 beta. That first game didn't have single-player campaign, so it was the multiplayer I tried. And it was quite fun, though I am not a PvP player, I play these FPSes just for the story campaign. There wasn't much of tutorial, it's just pick up and play, everything familiar, not much learning curve, just enjoyable shooting. I did not encounter any of the issues in the fundamental shooting mechanics or poor graphics in that first game beta. That's why this is so disappointing to me.

Last edited:

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
84665098_3297233150309334_7486691419121124623_o.jpg

no more black lives matters.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score

Maybe because I am playing on regular PS4, not the Pro, so I am gettng lots of graphic glitches, maybe because the game is designed for people who play EA's FPS games all the time so they are familiar with the EA conventions, this game is almost unplayable to me. (I do play FPSes all the time, usually Destiny 2 nowadays, but I've played a fair share of Battlefields and CODs.) Perhaps I should drop the difficulty to lowest and just get it over with, then go try COD:WW2, cos SW:BF2 is no fun at all, even the most basic fundamentals of shooting is no shiok.

agreed, not as fun as i thought it should be

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Last of Us 2 Review

did not enjoy this at all :eek:

surprise Pierce nv post...all drown by ps5 reveal LOL

don't see if u dun wan spoilers btw.....

Last edited:

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
the reviews mostly from 8 to 10. ign give 10. seems favourable and they double the gameplay hours.

I’m sure those who have played the earlier version (which to me was excellent in mood and story), will surely continue part II. I for one am waiting to continue. Miss good stories in games.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
I’m sure those who have played the earlier version (which to me was excellent in mood and story), will surely continue part II. I for one am waiting to continue. Miss good stories in games.

Yes I already PO this. Plot wise is subjective. Some people didn't like how it turn out (more like not the way they expected it) and started dissing it. To each his own I guess and play it to see for yourself. I love the first game except some of the AI issues. I watched the behind the scenes and some gameplay, I'm truly excited and can see new mechanics added.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I already PO this. Plot wise is subjective. Some people didn't like how it turn out (more like not the way they expected it) and started dissing it. To each his own I guess and play it to see for yourself. I love the first game except some of the AI issues. I watched the behind the scenes and some gameplay, I'm truly excited and can see new mechanics added.

probably will buy it when its on sale.
i only interested to know whether main char will die and is it by golf club.

dio brando

Master Member
Reaction score
probably will buy it when its on sale.

not quoting spoilers becos i think use app or w/e the spoiler tag doesn't hide it

and the answer for your question is yes. happens within 30mins of the game. from the leaks i saw (june 12)

again, its from what i read and saw (video), might not be true.

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
despite the leak, they still milking ellie and joel. only show their footage in the reviews.

wan to play also no mood play. keep cheating the TLOU fans. knn.

see ign give 10/10 means something wrong liao. knn.

n1ef5ng

Reaction score
Guys any recommendations to repair playstation? Both of my USB ports on ps4 are not working, I can't connect to my ps4 after I reformatted (regret). You guys know how much will it cost?

botakbotak

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just bought the PS4 Pro bundle set from qisahn. Just wondering if i get a R2 moving out disc, I should be able to play right?

Any game for recommendation? Looking for similar game like overcook or moving out so I can play with my wife.

Thank you all!

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just bought the PS4 Pro bundle set from qisahn. Just wondering if i get a R2 moving out disc, I should be able to play right?

Any game for recommendation? Looking for similar game like overcook or moving out so I can play with my wife.

Thank you all!

ps4 can play all regions unless you want to buy dlc from psn store for that particular game.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.