AOC 50in 4K TV @$699

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was told AOC uses Philips panels.

Anybody knows what's the top range AOC TV in available Singapore?

I quote bleonz reply for you. Limited range in SGP

AOC is under TPV (one of Taiwan's top contract mfr companies)...TPV manufactures both AOC and some of the top tier Philips TVs...and of cos other brands like Sharp low end TVs, Vizio in USA etc.

For Philips TV, not all are manufactured by TPV except the higher and mid upper ranges (due to costs and technology IP issues). lower end ones are sub-con to a 3rd party contract mfr in China...that's explain the quality and warranty issues. So, when u see a big screen Philips TV with such low price, cfm from this 3rd party chinese sub-con factory.

So, AOC = Philips TV??? That's up to how u guys see it.

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using the 50"? Saw it for under $600 at NTUC. However, not sure if it's the content used for display, seems inferior as compared to the 55" I got in 2018... Is there a change in the model?

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My aoc 50 inch tv just cross 1 year. So far so good. The youtube app got regular updates

dwong78

Reaction score
My sis AOC tv having problem with display. After on for a few minute, display will be gone (left only sound).

Call AOC on Friday n said will call back but no call back.
Tom will call them again. Bought one year ago. Not sure what happen

Did AOC resolve this issue for you?

My 50” AOC also just started having this problem. Sound but no video when switch on. Just passed two years a few weeks ago, so by right if AOC honour 3 years on-site should still be under warranty.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My 50” AOC also just started having this problem. Sound but no video when switch on. Just passed two years a few weeks ago, so by right if AOC honour 3 years on-site should still be under warranty.

Why will they not honour the warranty? Now is end of the year, more people on leave... just got to be a bit more patient lor...

Stiletto

Reaction score
For AOC TV, is it 3 year full warranty onsite? Onsite for all 3 years? Parts and labour for all 3 years? Interested in a 43 inch TV.

Stiletto

Reaction score
AOC is under TPV (one of Taiwan's top contract mfr companies)...TPV manufactures both AOC and some of the top tier Philips TVs...and of cos other brands like Sharp low end TVs, Vizio in USA etc.

For Philips TV, not all are manufactured by TPV except the higher and mid upper ranges (due to costs and technology IP issues). lower end ones are sub-con to a 3rd party contract mfr in China...that's explain the quality and warranty issues. So, when u see a big screen Philips TV with such low price, cfm from this 3rd party chinese sub-con factory.

So, AOC = Philips TV??? That's up to how u guys see it.

I had a philips tv 32 inch repaired last year. Service was ok. So 32inch warranty is sub con?

Sarahlina

Reaction score

Our 50" AOC display start to flicker slowly on the bottom half of the screen for one week.
Last night it move up to the top half and black out instantly with only sound without display completely.

It going to be 3 Years soon this March.
Can't seems to find their email online.

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any TCL about 50" to recommend? ~ err why tech-savvy for TCL?!?:s22:

Not just TCL, just any smart tv with Android TV will be better than this AOC brand with a native OS that doesn’t do anything, no updates, no Disney+, nothing else but YouTube and Netflix.

Sarahlina

Reaction score
Our 50" AOC display start to flicker slowly on the bottom half of the screen for one week.
Last night it move up to the top half and black out instantly with only sound without display completely.

It going to be 3 Years soon this March.
Can't seems to find their email online.

Just sharing for those who're having the same warranty issues based on my personal experience.

The warranty hotline is: 62867333
They will answer your queries and request for those Purchase Receipt, Serial # and the TV panel pictures to be send to their Business Whatsapp @ +65 9723 4510.

Sent on 18th Feb and called them last week for status updates and claimed they need to order in those spare parts which will take 2 weeks.

crapp0

Master Member
Reaction score
Just sharing for those who're having the same warranty issues based on my personal experience.

The warranty hotline is: 62867333
They will answer your queries and request for those Purchase Receipt, Serial # and the TV panel pictures to be send to their Business Whatsapp @ +65 9723 4510.

Sent on 18th Feb and called them last week for status updates and claimed they need to order in those spare parts which will take 2 weeks.
Hi, thanks for the info on the customer service info. Recently bought a monitor and to my dismay it had a single dead pixel which isn't covered, buy just the other day a 2nd dead pixel has appeared, so I can claim warranty for it.

Just had the monitor for less than 2 weeks and this happens.

Can't see.to find an email, are they non responsive on email as well?

ra[g]e

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone with the AOC LE50U7970 TV managed to get miracast to work? So far I've only managed to cast with Youtube directly, nothing else works. Can't get screen mirroring to work either. The only thing that can be done seems to be playing a video file on my phone to the TV.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AOC TV are back in SG with 4K QLED Google TV, exclusively at Courts
50U8030_Feature_SG_01.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.