Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
Bad experience from ValueBestAsia. Pls dun buy from them not sure about other seller in qoo10.

I bought the Kindle PW last week and received the kindle on Saturday. When i open up, i was surprise to see a black/ grey dead pixel on the device and contacted the seller. The seller was slow in responding and ended fwd me a note that they do not accept any exchange for 3 or below dead pixels.

So i went to contact Amazon and was referred to Amazon.co.jp, Amazon is not able to ship an replacement to me unless I have a Japanese address, I tried to ask if able to ship to a forwarder but they said cannot.

Anyone got experience dealing with Amazon.co.jp before?

that's cos you bought from those 3rd party seller , amazon japan wont entertain you unless you are the holder of the amazon account that bought the kindle in the first place ( not the one that is registered to the kindle currently)

for kindle warranties , all my kindles & ebooks was bought from either amazon US or amazon japan. when contact customer service , they are always more flexible n offer more stuff like coupon for next purchase or expedite shipping etc etc

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Recently my kindle 7th generation.
When try to sign in. It shows some error like "There is an error, please try again later". When I restart the device several times. It still doesn't work. Please note the device is latest version at 5.12.3

I just check with the amazon team.

The solution are standard.
May I know the device serial number for the Kindle ?
Yes the 40 seconds would be the restart. Please press the power button for 40 seconds
Okay, Have you tried by connect it to another Wifi network, Such as Phone internet ?
May I know if you have tried to register this on any other account ?
Have you factory reset

Please extract the logs and send to cs-reply@amazon.com

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just had mine delivered from Lazada. Thought it's gonna be easy, didn't realize need US address etc..

Read from earlier posts that some of you guys can buy Kindle Amazon books without changing to US address, without VPN. So should I follow the seller instructions to set up new account, use US address, use VPN, buy gift card, delete cc info? Or proceed using my current SG account?

Thanks..

AlwaysHardAlwaysReady

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine from shopee..

Damage 148 plus plus...

Due to coronavirus ninja van will delay delivery..

Any things I need to take note or any setting need to set for my new kindle paperwhite?

AlwaysHardAlwaysReady

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I converted books to mobi.. but now the content page screwed up.. how to properly downlond mobi books or convert correctly ?

I download because I have harfcopy of these books.. so wanna save money for new books

skinergy

Reaction score
I converted books to mobi.. but now the content page screwed up.. how to properly downlond mobi books or convert correctly ?

I download because I have harfcopy of these books.. so wanna save money for new books

Did you use Calibre to convert the books? I usually convert to azw3 format for my kindle, no issues.

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
I just check with the amazon team.

The solution are standard.
May I know the device serial number for the Kindle ?
Yes the 40 seconds would be the restart. Please press the power button for 40 seconds
Okay, Have you tried by connect it to another Wifi network, Such as Phone internet ?
May I know if you have tried to register this on any other account ?
Have you factory reset

Please extract the logs and send to cs-reply@amazon.com

Any one knows how to solve this issues

AlwaysHardAlwaysReady

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you use Calibre to convert the books? I usually convert to azw3 format for my kindle, no issues.

Convert from pdf to mobi using calibe seems like unable to convert the pdf..

Sometime.wilk tapping on the right side.. the page turn is backward.. to earlier part of the book..

pigskin

Reaction score
Convert from pdf to mobi using calibe seems like unable to convert the pdf..

Sometime.wilk tapping on the right side.. the page turn is backward.. to earlier part of the book..

I thought kindle can read pdf format? still need to convert?

I had such issue recently. It’s resolved by connecting to another network. I turned on my phone hotspot and connected to it.

i tried connecting to another mobile hotspot still the same error.
but my ISP are all starhub for home broadband and mobile hotspot.

anyway, not sure why i can't visit kindle store and sign in my amazon kindle account.

but able to access internet via experimental web browser.

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just had mine delivered from Lazada. Thought it's gonna be easy, didn't realize need US address etc..

Read from earlier posts that some of you guys can buy Kindle Amazon books without changing to US address, without VPN. So should I follow the seller instructions to set up new account, use US address, use VPN, buy gift card, delete cc info? Or proceed using my current SG account?

Thanks..

I think no need to use US address anymore. Previously totally can't see kindle books at all with SG address so need to use VPN. But don't know when started now can see kindle books liao even with Local address. Use US address also bo hua the books usually more expensive (discount % lower) and need pay Tax :(.

Now I just change back to SG address so far bought more than 10 books also no issue.

But I still use gift card to buy instead of from credit card and always buy from computer instead of straight from kindle store just to be safe :s13::s13:

Jeff8180

Reaction score
Bro,

I am struggling where to buy Kindle PW for my daughter. Amazon SG or Shopee or GreekBite, etc local suppliers. Isn’t it now no longer required a US address and VPN to purchase the ebook?

Thanks
I think no need to use US address anymore. Previously totally can't see kindle books at all with SG address so need to use VPN. But don't know when started now can see kindle books liao even with Local address. Use US address also bo hua the books usually more expensive (discount % lower) and need pay Tax :(.

Now I just change back to SG address so far bought more than 10 books also no issue.

But I still use gift card to buy instead of from credit card and always buy from computer instead of straight from kindle store just to be safe :s13::s13:

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro,

I am struggling where to buy Kindle PW for my daughter. Amazon SG or Shopee or GreekBite, etc local suppliers. Isn’t it now no longer required a US address and VPN to purchase the ebook?

Thanks

Easiest way to check is just login with your amazon account with local address and see if you can see any kindle books. If its blocked it will show title not available.

I bought both my Kindles PW 3 and PW 4 from geekbite on lazada.

Have been using local address to buy all my books from Amazon. So far no issue. Out of habit I still buy them through gift card and the Amazon website on the computer instead of through the kindle device just to be safe :D:D.

Jeff8180

Reaction score
Easiest way to check is just login with your amazon account with local address and see if you can see any kindle books. If its blocked it will show title not available.

I bought both my Kindles PW 3 and PW 4 from geekbite on lazada.

Have been using local address to buy all my books from Amazon. So far no issue. Out of habit I still buy them through gift card and the Amazon website on the computer instead of through the kindle device just to be safe :D:D.

Thank you very much for your help!!!
Yes, I can see the kindle books without changing my SG account address.
Just placed an order to Geekbite on Shopee. Hope I can figure it out when I received the device later.

Thanks again

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has the same issue when plugging in their kindle on windows 10, the device not being recognized?

Still charge normally but can't add books manually or safely disconnect :(. Last time on windows 7 no such problem.

mikeymesina

Reaction score
Anyone has the same issue when plugging in their kindle on windows 10, the device not being recognized?

Still charge normally but can't add books manually or safely disconnect :(. Last time on windows 7 no such problem.
I'm using PPW 2018 on Windows 10 and it works normally. Maybe try another port and/or another cable?

Sent from Samsung Note 10 Plus using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.