The Watch Thread - Part 16

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
2k salary can hoot tudor BB la...better stay rich than being in debt. The watch is not officially yours until you have finished paying the installment.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2k salary can hoot tudor BB la...better stay rich than being in debt. The watch is not officially yours until you have finished paying the installment.

This is true... can consider Tudor first (pay school fees for black bay before going to Submariner) If you Heng Heng can break even with your Tudor when selling if off or trading it in, dont even think of profit with this Brand.

yamashita

Reaction score
$2600 before cpf.

my salary is $2600 before cpf. which credit card can i apply for and if i buy a rolex within $10,000 then how does the credit card repayment work?

I hate to be a wet blanket - but I think $2.6k not deducting CPF contribution and expenses will put you in a tight financial position for a Rolex.

Assuming AD offers interest-free credit card instalment plan for the Rolex you are eyeing, on a 12-month plan you will need to pay $834 (not including processing fee, if any):

$2,600 - 20% CPF contribution - $834 = $1,246.

Suggest you get something within your immediate means rather than being tied down unnecessarily. Of course, the choice is yours. :)

shinoku2

Reaction score
Start small,I also started with Seiko sznf then moved into steinhart,squale,Tissot then eventually black bay it's a fun journey you are still young

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Start small,I also started with Seiko sznf then moved into steinhart,squale,Tissot then eventually black bay it's a fun journey you are still young

u are moving on to a next level again.
when i grow up i wanna be like u...

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
take a look at the money mind, credit card section.

there's a ccs thread, a dcp thread.
many people real life cases that sunk into deep credit card debts, its real.

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$2600 before cpf.

my salary is $2600 before cpf. which credit card can i apply for and if i buy a rolex within $10,000 then how does the credit card repayment work?

wah friend

i have sad news for you

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
ASAMjvw.jpg

BB58

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is true... can consider Tudor first (pay school fees for black bay before going to Submariner) If you Heng Heng can break even with your Tudor when selling if off or trading it in, dont even think of profit with this Brand.
Actually, just buy what your heart tells you ba. If you only want Rolex, no point wasting money on other watches scratching the itch.

Your peers and family will look up to you given your age and owning a Rolex. This is assuming you manage to settle the payment without any financial stress or aid.

Just be disciplined and stay focused.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT

Baxter14

Banned
Reaction score
$2600 before cpf.

Sorry to say this but get your priorities right. Don’t think you should be considering a luxury watch at this point in time let alone Rolex. All this can wait.

By the way how pls are u?

Posted from PCWX using Luger 9mm P08

kaixin18

Reaction score
Actually, just buy what your heart tells you ba. If you only want Rolex, no point wasting money on other watches scratching the itch.

Your peers and family will look up to you given your age and owning a Rolex. This is assuming you manage to settle the payment without any financial stress or aid.

Just be disciplined and stay focused.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT

With patina how to be new hoot heh
First Zelos since 2016, have another 2 Zelos

Sorry to say this but get your priorities right. Don’t think you should be considering a luxury watch at this point in time let alone Rolex. All this can wait.

speaking generally please rank the following brands in terms of
1) value for money
2) resale value

Rolex, Tudor, Frank Muller, Hublot, Omega

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
speaking generally please rank the following brands in terms of
1) value for money
2) resale value

Rolex, Tudor, Frank Muller, Hublot, Omega

lol

for what you say, i think you're into resale value.

buy rolex la. the rest don't think suit you

Shyn85

Reaction score
lol

for what you say, i think you're into resale value.

buy rolex la. the rest don't think suit you

Most of the ppl they want to buy Rolex is because Rolex holding high resales value, how many ppl really like the design? I guess accept more than like.

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score

Can aim those 2k to 3k watches but I doubt he's interested

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
Most of the ppl they want to buy Rolex is because Rolex holding high resales value, how many ppl really like the design? I guess accept more than like.
This.
Take away the logo and it will look like any other diver watch. Take away the resale value.... U know..

en_8_en

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol that’s rolex for you.

But must also be something you buy with surplus cash.
Like many mentioned, Rolex usually hold their value, but no guarantee.

Plus, if really holding for capital gain, I rather you use the money trade stocks. Definitely more ROI than holding a watch.

And the real rich dont go for resale from what I see. They jitao buy Richard Mille, Hublot

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.