Netflix on TV and 5.1 and ARC

binary_0011

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

If I watch Netflix on TV(app built-in) with ARC. Will the DD 5.1 go through my AVR? Do I need eARC? Anyone tested this?

Thanks.

reno77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

If I watch Netflix on TV(app built-in) with ARC. Will the DD 5.1 go through my AVR? Do I need eARC? Anyone tested this?

Thanks.

That's the first question I also asked here when I got my TV 3 years back :) . ARC is fine, since netflix is sending compressed audio.

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ARC is very good for receiver, 1 less cable (optical) to worry, can save for other devices on receiver and free up TV optical out to another device if you like.

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Thanks.

You can send PCM to your AVR. No need to compress in your TV as the HDMI port has more bandwidth than optical

binary_0011

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need earc. Arc Is fine, u can get dd 5.1 up to dd+ atmos.

dont know man, i watch netflix 5.1 the effect like no kick one. very different compare to watching blue ray.

anyone using onkyo? so you set your listening mode to DD or multi-channel? i find that all other mode the sound is more dynamic than DD.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.