The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I actually prefer micro-ATX boards. Balance in between with some expansion slot if needed. Dunno why many don't like them.

Same here ITX too tiny/cramped, mATX is a nice balance, no need to worry about space constraints, still got some expansion slots if needed. I had one colleague who tried to push for ITX board for one project, assemble/dissemble so many times to try to get everything to fit into the tiny case when it really isn't a limiting factor for the planned deployment.

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 DDR4 RGB

https://www.xpg.com/en/feature/653/

productGallery7422.jpg

is this a decent ram for Ryzen? If not can recommend something that works well with Ryzen?

Thank you!

Check the QVL list for your motherboard. In general, 3600 CL16 is the sweet spot.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 DDR4 RGB
is this a decent ram for Ryzen? If not can recommend something that works well with Ryzen?

Thank you!

Looks chio. The timings are so-so. Quite decent RAM for the price.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Vulpix

Reaction score
Closing my chapter hunting for my MoBo. Just got my Tomahawk B550 from Dynacore. Hardly can see any Tomahawk series especially B550 & X570 ... Ended becomes like Vulpix, from B450 becomes B550 🙃🙃🙃
Honesty there is very little reason to get b550 if you're not after the matx format... Some of them are very close to x570 price.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not here and there. Why go mATX, when ATX have better options. If I want a small form factor PC, why go mATX when ITX is smaller.

I prefer MATX because it is smaller than ATX. While you have more PCI slots on an ATX board, I don't really think many people actually use all of it. For me, I normally will only max out 2 slots, the top PCI-E and another slot of an add in card. Which is why I feel MATX is a superior form factor over the larger and generally more wasteful ATX form. It is true ITX is smaller, but it is too cram, and I don't get my 2 PCI slots.

The unfortunate fact is that mobo makers are not focusing on MATX, thus, the options are very limited, and they are usually marketed as the budget solution.

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Awesome thread. So am I right to say there is no reason to buy a X-470 if you are building a new system or for future? Since X-570 is a lot different with PCI-e 4.0 etc?? :s11:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Awesome thread. So am I right to say there is no reason to buy a X-470 if you are building a new system or for future? Since X-570 is a lot different with PCI-e 4.0 etc?? :s11:

If you can get it cheaper, I feel the X470 chipset is still a very good option. At least for me, I don't see any immediate need to have PCI-E 4.0 since even the fastest graphic card is not able to saturate the bandwidth offered in PCI-E 3.0. I believe it may take another 2 generations of graphic card to fully saturate the PCI-E 3.0 bandwidth.

SSD wise, I don't see any benefits to me switching to PCI-E 4.0 either.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
If one do mild over-clocking, running just one GPU and 2 NVMe.... i rather they just take B550 over X570... just for the fact.. there is no fan on the mobo. One less worries. :o

destiny88

Reaction score
Honesty there is very little reason to get b550 if you're not after the matx format... Some of them are very close to x570 price.

another is out of box new ryzen support, b450 still need do alot of proof to run, some people just dont want so many mafan things to do.

PCIE 4 ba....hope big navi really uses it thats the next thing

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
another is out of box new ryzen support, b450 still need do alot of proof to run, some people just dont want so many mafan things to do.

PCIE 4 ba....hope big navi really uses it thats the next thing

nVidia 3xxx series also

ReyPalpatine

Reaction score
These are just speed increase of 100-200mhz, current 3600/3800/3900 are still good. Don't see why one should wait for these. The one people waiting for are the yr end release 4000.

for somebody like me that is going to build a new pc. very bad time sia. paying full price for a 3600 when upgrades are coming.

same for gpu as well.

Anarky

Reaction score
Having a dilemma choosing between B450 Tomahawk Max and B550 Tomahawk now.

The realistic advantages of getting the B550 are better VRMs, USB C front i/o, and better audio codec, and allows more room for upgrading in the future.

Would you say the $100 price difference is justifiable?

PCPartPicker Part List

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.