SCB Journey Card (former known as SCB Metal X-Card)

pacificstorm

Reaction score
duno.

but econs wont b cheap liao w all these social distancing. so i wonder if n how will miles devalue.

The value is in business class ma. But dont think it's gonna devalue anytime soon. Think I read on was it milelion a few reasons devaluing of KF wont happen soon.. esp with the decline in traffic

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im trying to say this.

econs will need social distance. take away 3-3-4 config for example. become 2-2-2 config. what diff from biz.

from many rows become 0.7 times e number of rows.

these will require more $ if u buy revenue or more miles if u redeem.

and then it will just cascade to PE or biz Tickets.

soon to come la. dont u think so?

if not, whats e alternative? plastic shield each n every seat?

pacificstorm

Reaction score
im trying to say this.

econs will need social distance. take away 3-3-4 config for example. become 2-2-2 config. what diff from biz.

Ya I understand that, the thing is even if they do social distancing I dont think the take up rate or passenger rate gonna pickup that soon.. so they can't be pricing it upwards for the time being. Supply definitely gonnna be alot more than demand for the 1 year or so.. by then hopefully got vaccine lo.

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's a new world order. vaccine or not

new social distance measures means permanents new airline config.

Spk307

Reaction score
im trying to say this.

If social distancing is forced on flights, then there can be only 3 per row. No airline will fly then. Economy demand is price elastic. You cannot keep pushing prices up. And you have LCCs as well who will sell at the lowest price.
Stop over thinking it. Even if there is a devaluation, you get a month to book tickets in current rate and can book up to one year in advance.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recv a SMS saying rewards points can be transferred to united mileageplus for 45% bonus miles..exclusive for X card.

Any expert can share if its worth it? Is that smtg like a krisflyer program...

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recv a SMS saying rewards points can be transferred to united mileageplus for 45% bonus miles..exclusive for X card.

Any expert can share if its worth it? Is that smtg like a krisflyer program...

So far, my UA miles are only good for upgrading UA flights, or for star alliance upgrade awards. Was able to upgrade US to Japan flight for like 30k miles (B fare though).

Each program has its own sweet spots and not so good redemptions.

Note that UA has limited access to SQ flight inventory, if you are looking for that, so unless you are looking at UA flights (ie domestic), otherwise, I would not recommend. Award cancellation fees are also higher (assuming you do not have any status).

I've also done ANA domestic flight, at 5k UA miles, SQ wanted 12.5k miles for the same flight.

Last edited:

zumaba

Reaction score
For KF miles, it is redeemed in the block of 5K miles (12.5K points) or 10K miles (25K points)?

Also the X card points are pooled together with VI card, right? So when redeeming X card for the block points, the system will take the shortfall from my VI card ponts, right? tks

Last edited:

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You cant transfer to another of your own card. Either transfer out to 3rd party, redeem or let it lapse.

zumaba

Reaction score
You cant transfer to another of your own card. Either transfer out to 3rd party, redeem or let it lapse.

But if you also have VI card, the points of X and VI card are pooled together for redemption. No way to specify to redeem the points from which card.

How to make sure the points to be redeemed is from X card only?

Last edited:

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Gonna wait for AF to come and then use the hotline to waive, should be instant result. Just did 1 AF waiver last week for my Unlimited Card via automated phone and got waiver instantly.

If waiver rejected, then I'll cancel the X card. No harm trying the automated phone waiver route first.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.