Vietnam

Junken

Reaction score
my driver shared to me this facebook post:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=162293221915700&id=100044050686106

gist of info:
- very bad food (unlike what is portrayed online by the media)
- quarantined person challenge the officer to eat the food then he will do the same
- cannot have friend from outside buy food pass to security to pass to u
- charge u exorbitant prices for basic goods such as shampoo (those 1-use pack at 15k)

macam in army camp u eat camp food but ur encik and sergeant order macdonald :s13:

fortunehunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha bro you stay near Buddha Bar?

Maybe I see you before. I always see the same few Sinkies at Vincom, Estella, lim kopi at Dolphy. Hear them speak confirm is Sinkie :s13:

From my house to Vincom thao dien may be 5 to 10 mins depends.
Dolphy is those vietnam GCP trying to hook AMDK there :s13::s13::s13:

i dont really go to estella and dolphy, mostly at vincom Thao dien to eat my dinner.

Last edited:

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

fortunehunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone book Vietnam air before this crisis? Apr or may flight?
Do you manage to get refund or change of date?
It seen no one reply email back when i request for change of date for both my flight on apr and may.

Sent from Food, Travel, Sleep And Repeat using GAGT

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my driver shared to me this facebook post:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=162293221915700&id=100044050686106

gist of info:
- very bad food (unlike what is portrayed online by the media)
- quarantined person challenge the officer to eat the food then he will do the same
- cannot have friend from outside buy food pass to security to pass to u
- charge u exorbitant prices for basic goods such as shampoo (those 1-use pack at 15k)

macam in army camp u eat camp food but ur encik and sergeant order macdonald :s13:
Oh well hahahah

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It seen no one reply email back when i request for change of date for both my flight on apr and may.

You can call the Singapore branch to assist

henryscy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I got mine back... Im using scoot tho.

Ole Gunner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing good. Anyone still in Saigon?

My company is pulling out of Vietnam for good. Quite sudden but understandable, given the hard times :(

Miss Vietnam a lot, especially my days shuttling around Thao Dien and Binh Thanh, but no choice I guess.

Hope to return as soon as possible, but it will be purely as a tourist going forward. Maybe the metro will finally be up then :o

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My company is pulling out of Vietnam for good. Quite sudden but understandable, given the hard times :(

Miss Vietnam a lot, especially my days shuttling around Thao Dien and Binh Thanh, but no choice I guess.

Hope to return as soon as possible, but it will be purely as a tourist going forward. Maybe the metro will finally be up then :o
Next year bah.

Remember to hoot hao hao, fish sauce bring back sing

Ole Gunner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Next year bah.

Remember to hoot hao hao, fish sauce bring back sing

Good suggestion! My hoot will be

1. Hao hao noodles
2. Pho Vifon
3. Fish sauce

Also will buy a Saigon mug from Highlands, for old times sake... haiz :(

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think can buy Phu Quoc fish sauce in SG nowadays. which brand you usually buy?
Good suggestion! My hoot will be

1. Hao hao noodles
2. Pho Vifon
3. Fish sauce

Also will buy a Saigon mug from Highlands, for old times sake... haiz :(

fortunehunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No Flight cant go over :(

Ole Gunner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think can buy Phu Quoc fish sauce in SG nowadays. which brand you usually buy?

I also want to know.

I only know I always see chin su but I think it’s a brand for the lowest common denominator.

Need to wait for Henabi to give his thoughts :s12:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also want to know.

I only know I always see chin su but I think it’s a brand for the lowest common denominator.

Need to wait for Henabi to give his thoughts :s12:
There are many brands in Vietnam.

Usually I like Hanh Phuoc, Nam Ngu,

Some of my friends like red boat

It's a really personal preference

Junken

Reaction score

i'm still in saigon. since 31-jan after cny. cos working full time here. also miss singapore a bit cos long time no return. last time usually will return within 3 months

Junken

Reaction score
VN's Covid-19 management as good as it seems ?

i guess so. about 60 days without community transmission, i think can say quite ok? ppl outside the country may say that they don't believe the figures, but i personally think it's quite believable. at least the citizens believe so too. slowly now they relax the measures also, now not compulsory to wear masks anymore, unlike before. people are also travelling domestically, slowly but steadily recovering.

however, most of the economy still relies on overseas so u still see companies shutting down and not being able to survive this pandemic. not receiving orders from US and Europe just dealing a big blow to the country.

but i do see small businesses start to open up here and there amidst covid-19. good sign, i guess. people who are frugal and saved up money took this time as a good opportunity to open shop.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i guess so. about 60 days without community transmission, i think can say quite ok? ppl outside the country may say that they don't believe the figures, but i personally think it's quite believable. at least the citizens believe so too. slowly now they relax the measures also, now not compulsory to wear masks anymore, unlike before. people are also travelling domestically, slowly but steadily recovering.

however, most of the economy still relies on overseas so u still see companies shutting down and not being able to survive this pandemic. not receiving orders from US and Europe just dealing a big blow to the country.

but i do see small businesses start to open up here and there amidst covid-19. good sign, i guess. people who are frugal and saved up money took this time as a good opportunity to open shop.
They are very cautious now when it comes to foreign visitors

Junken

Reaction score
Anyone had experience of sending computers to Viet Nam? How to go about it?

like a desktop?

i did it before. basically i tore it apart, put into separate anti static bags, attach receipt (wasn't needed in the end, but just in case), then dump it all into my luggage bag. however, i didn't bring my motherboard and pc case.

i was intending to buy new itx motherboard and sff pc case and reuse the parts i have. but i haven't got down to assembling it at all. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.