SCB Journey Card (former known as SCB Metal X-Card)

blueboat

Reaction score
Hoping SC give waiver since no one in their right mind would renew for $700 with lackluster benefits eg 2 lounge tix. It's even more expensive than citi or hsbc high tier cards which has more lounge options

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just redeemed 110k miles. See what they can do.. if not then just cancel

still have 875k points. not sure what to do. Dont even know later miles will get devalued or not.

Shall decide in mid July, since my card 1 year anniversary is on 1 Aug.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hoping SC give waiver since no one in their right mind would renew for $700 with lackluster benefits eg 2 lounge tix. It's even more expensive than citi or hsbc high tier cards which has more lounge options

ya...i will never pay $700 for such crap. Maybank VI i dont even have to pay for AF and i got almost unlimited Priority pass + limo.

same earn rate, hence no point wasting my time for SCB Metal X. Just hope to hav some promo before miles out.

zumaba

Reaction score
still have 875k points. not sure what to do. Dont even know later miles will get devalued or not.

Shall decide in mid July, since my card 1 year anniversary is on 1 Aug.

I think KF miles will surely be devalued given SIA is making loss now.

Also given the mass miles unable to be redeemed over last few months and likely till end of year, it would be extremely difficult to redeem even if not devalued.

Last edited:

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Also given the mass miles unable to be redeemed over last few months and likely till end of year, it would be extremely difficult to redeem even if not devalued.

Yup agree. That's why not sure if there is still any value changing for miles. Unlike maybank, scb doesnt have any item I wan to redeem.

Transcendent

Master Member
Reaction score
dont know why so many still trying their luck to waive annual fee:s13::s13::s13:?
from SCB website:

Fees and Charges
Annual Fees
Principal card : S$695.50 including GST.
Supplementary card : S$107 including GST.
(Annual fee is strictly non-waivable)

pacificstorm

Reaction score
We in different times ma.. now is covid 19 travel lockdown. Don't think their marketing team will have a good time explaning why 99% cancelled a 1 yr old card

momochan

Reaction score
need to quickly transfer and cancel the card soon. the miles have one year validity right?

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Think in another way, if nobody buy revenue tickets then there will be plenty of seats for redemption. You guys are just assuming. I have used up my miles to redeem for 3 biz seats to NZ before COVID19. Don't know whether still can fly.

Spk307

Reaction score

Lol, good, don’t convert to miles and let the points expire or get forfeited. At least others will have more seats to redeem.
All airlines devalue miles. Nothing unique to SIA.
Devaluation usually occurs when demand for cash fares is high. Right now, it’s the opposite. SIA will be happy to release more seats for redemption rather than let the plane fly empty.

Last edited:

ChaosPaladin

Reaction score
anyone know whether it is possible to waive off one of the transfer fee if i have to use 2 different reward codes? i have 412500 points and i am only able to use 2 different reward codes to redeem fully the points. in other words, 16 x 10000 miles and 5 x 1000 miles on SC reward page. The T&C put transfer fee is for each reward code.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
anyone know whether it is possible to waive off one of the transfer fee if i have to use 2 different reward codes? i have 412500 points and i am only able to use 2 different reward codes to redeem fully the points. in other words, 16 x 10000 miles and 5 x 1000 miles on SC reward page. The T&C put transfer fee is for each reward code.

Likely impossible try to get the 5k to 10k miles

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
If your card is issued in July, the annual fee will be charged in August statement bill date. I believe this is how SC does their annual fees. So you still have the entire month of July to decide if you want to cancel or not.

Example: July issued card. Bill statement comes out every month on 12th. Annual fee will charge on 12 August and will be included in August statement for payments by statement due date.

leeslayerex

Reaction score
For new applications now, do they issue the metal credit card? Or still plastic first then after annual fee payment then they will send metal card?

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guess july is the month where they see mass cancellation unless they provide full annual fee waiver

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.