The Big Shot part 2

atf0007

Reaction score
I worked in the industry during the GFC and watched markets getting ravaged across multiple asset classes. The article that I am sharing dwarfs the GFC in terms of scale and meanwhile, we have retail investors leading the FOMO and buy dip charge, gorging at the stock markets with no regards for fundamentals. You may dismiss me as a permabear for all you want but ignore this risk at your own peril.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/07/coronavirus-banks-collapse/612247/

发哨子2020

Reaction score
He definitely has missed the March sale.

Many ‘experts’ always love to use the history to say ‘history always repeat’ .

Or simply they have ‘ the experience’ of going through many crisis and survived.
I had too and survived.

Last edited:

atf0007

Reaction score
发哨子2020;127914958 said:
He definitely has missed the March sale.

No - you are not correct. I have missed out in a lifetime of sale eversince I stepped foot into this industry. My compliance does not allow me to trade and all investments are subject to pre approvals. And there is no need for your sarcastic remarks as I am being compensated well enough. I flagged this out as a community service because I lived through it and have seen people subject to great misery.

On that, I recall the many comments dismissing Warren Buffet for exiting Airlines and Banks as well as those who warned of the excesses in the financial system prior.... they may have the last laugh.

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No - you are not correct. I have missed out in a lifetime of sale eversince I stepped foot into this industry. My compliance does not allow me to trade and all investments are subject to pre approvals. And there is no need for your sarcastic remarks as I am being compensated well enough. I flagged this out as a community service because I lived through it and have seen people subject to great misery.

On that, I recall the many comments dismissing Warren Buffet for exiting Airlines and Banks as well as those who warned of the excesses in the financial system prior.... they may have the last laugh.

Maybe "He" is referring to the author not you?

NewInvestor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it is pointless to label anyone permabear or permabull. We should consider all points of view and decide for ourselves our own investment strategy.

wutawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it is pointless to label anyone permabear or permabull. We should consider all points of view and decide for ourselves our own investment strategy.
+1
The very common mistakes investors make are to follow blindly, and forcing others to follow blindly. :p

Last edited:

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i don't think TS is a permabear if he's sharing new information, even if its bearish.

the permabears and permabull, which should be avoided are those that sound like a broken record - they ignore the changing data and just repeated their same position again and again.

a lot of fearful investors come to this forum, instead of realising in March that this was the sale we have all been waiting for, got scared by all the doom and gloom and end up not buying anything. Now it seems those fearful investors are getting FOMO and are doing revenge buying leading to a possible bubble.

I have turned 'cautious' again and while I will do regular DCA, I will not use any of my warchest at this point.

atf0007

Reaction score
another buy-the-dip-but-missed-the-dip-turned-doomsday-permabear?

There is no need to label but if it makes you happy, then go ahead. I have already declared that I do not participate in the equity markets as I work in this industry. So that also means I am neither bull nor bear. I make my monies in Sales and I draw good compensation that takes into account the fact that I have to forgo investing or trading myself.

What gives me more bonuses is volatility and is what frightens the passive investor most but delights the active trader. By the comments on this thread, it is very easy to see the character of the participants and their inclinations.

ck_ian69

Reaction score
I too am only 10-15 percent vested so far. No clue what’s gonna happen in next 1-2 years. If there is such a financial calamity, then it’s time to pray. A lot of people will be affected including those that made major housing purchases in past 2-3 years. I settle for humble hdb. I prefer being cash rich

atf0007

Reaction score
i don't think TS is a permabear if he's sharing new information, even if its bearish.

the permabears and permabull, which should be avoided are those that sound like a broken record - they ignore the changing data and just repeated their same position again and again.

a lot of fearful investors come to this forum, instead of realising in March that this was the sale we have all been waiting for, got scared by all the doom and gloom and end up not buying anything. Now it seems those fearful investors are getting FOMO and are doing revenge buying leading to a possible bubble.

I have turned 'cautious' again and while I will do regular DCA, I will not use any of my warchest at this point.

It is not new information to the professionals in this industry. It is probably new to those who are still ignorant of the risks and just fomo away without regards to fundamentals. It is not as if we did not have a precedence before but does the Fed have a solution? Not yet... they are still in denial that this is a real risk. But should they wake up to it, the solutions are not going to be without consequences.

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
missed the boat at Mar-Apr period turns to perma bear

now cannot take into the fact that market has V sharp recovery turns to perma bull

:s13: :s13: :s13:

发哨子2020

Reaction score
The smart ones bought in March then can easily sell now for 30-40 % .

What’s the point still holding a big war chest and pray for Wave 2 ,which may not occur at all ?
You are still zero win .

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
发哨子2020;127918142 said:
The smart ones bought in March then can easily sell now for 30-40 % .

What’s the point still holding a big war chest and pray for Wave 2 ,which may not occur at all ?
You are still zero win .

I bought in Mar, Apr and early May. Enough said !

发哨子2020

Reaction score
Good actions .

I watch Terence Wong of Azure Capital webinars last few months and he was a parabear for sure .

You have already made 10-40% gain if you sell now while he is still ‘ battle chest ready’ .

[M said:
aiev;127918160]I bought in Mar, Apr and early May. Enough said !

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
发哨子2020;127918263 said:
Good actions .

I watch Terence Wong of Azure Capital webinars last few months and he was a parabear for sure .

You have already made 10-40% gain if you sell now while he is still ‘ battle chest ready’ .

I bought up those Software, E-comm and payment stocks back then. A little on MGM and CCL as well.

d9_lives

Reaction score
Revhappy??? Is that you??

I bought in Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr/May and will buy again next week.
It removes emotions.

Gib a moment of silence to our bros and sis who have been saying crashes/collapses since 2018 then missed the buying opp. in Mar'20. T_T

Last edited:

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gib a moment of silence to our bros and sis who have been saying crashes/collapses since 2018 then missed the buying opp. in Mar'20. T_T

They have been calling for years and it happened and still keep on calling as well.

:s13:

d9_lives

Reaction score
Overanalyzed, don't know that they don't know, acted smart/elites then paralyzed by fear.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.