Anyone buys iPhone one generation after release?

ah_cheng1882

Reaction score
Like if Apple releases iPhone 12, then they buy iPhone 11?

Care to share your experience and thoughts?

anthonygreenisreal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No Discernible difference one. It’s still a new iPhone to me since the previous one using is older than it. Software wise they all identical.

Speed can’t tell the difference much unless you put them side by side. Even iPhone 6s still feels fluid.

So being practical, there is really no need to get the latest every time.

lkinm81

Reaction score
I am doing that cause the price are more reasonable compare to 1.6k iPhone 11 Pro

barnabaskoh

Reaction score
hi, i just bought an iphone se 2020 so far feels it is quite good, i am a long android user.

i heard from my boss that one generation earlier, you can save money and can last the updates longer.

if not, the updates once you update, it will make the phone slow

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought Xs 512gb (thats’s the only storage left) earlier in this year. Its less than $1,200 man !

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score

every single iphone get at least 5 iOS version and the lifespan of an iPhone is about 5 years. Same like iPhone 6s or SE (first gen) still get iOS 14 this year.

unless you can get iphone 11 at at least 20% cheaper in price, else it is not worth it to buy it while iphone 12 is out.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Me, since iPhone 3GS. It has since been a habit. If I don’t upgrade yearly, I’ll feel uncomfortable.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

I use to buy every generation within 2 month of their launch, from 4 to 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6S, 7 and 8. Then i got my XS and i just stopped there. There isn't much improvement ever since. I can still multitask as fast as current iphone 11 pro. Of cos you miss out on physical stuff like wide angle camera etc, but for the price diff i just feel it's not worth it. And yes, i can afford the new iphone without issue, but i just dun feel right about it. So now i will buy the previous generation. My current iphone XS is still as good as new, battery after more than 16 months stand at 93%, still run any games smoothly, still very fast in everyday usage.

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Share your experience!

What type of experience?
Hahaha

Last used is iPhone 6 Plus bro
Once I changed to this iPhone 11.. I got many questions

Don’t know if already solved in iPhone X threads anot

But importantly the brothers sisters here willling to reply ASAP
They won’t find u talk ask fei hua again which I’m truly appreciate
But of coz I try to read thread by one by one also

I didn’t intend to change also coz iPhone 6 Plus still work perfect fine.

Just that got $230 discount plus internal more discount so just change to this iPhone 11

Tired Samsung S9 or 10 for awhile also.
Find it very hard to use

bbbbbw

Reaction score
for me i buy only when can recontract and for the recontract year, i buy the latest gen cos i will be using it for the next 21-24 months.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nothing wrong buying 1 gen back. still getting 5yrs of updates.

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No harm getting one generation older iPhones. iPhone 6s will support iOS 14. No one can ask more than such software support. The performance might be disputed.

Personally I feel getting iPhone 11 when the 12 comes out is not a bad idea. The 11 and 11 P/PM are quite overkill already in terms of performance and hardware. I doubt it will age badly in just one year.

bbibbi

Reaction score
I usu buy iphones approx 1 year after its initial release. Reckoned tt by then they would have fixed most bugs. First iphone was iphone 4, then iphone 6 and now iphone xr.

Sabrixx

Reaction score
I usu buy last gen when the new one releasing soon. Better deals sometimes. Recently got iphone 11 max 512gb for price of 256gb during recontract

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.