Prism+ TV

walkwalkseesee

Reaction score
got my tv from them. 2 months uplorry. exchange one refurbished set. now this set go backlight bleeding. customer service very jia latt

cutthroat

Reaction score
Anyone here who has a Prism + hooked up to a PS4 pro? Are you able to select the 4K settings on your console? For some reason mine is only going up to 1080p. The PS4 shows hdr not supported. I’m using a E43

sheshen

Reaction score
大蛇丸 Orochimaru;127969303 said:
thought got real review here say customer service is top notch and can even get new replacement or refund if u want

I guess it depends on individual expectation :s13:

boliao123

Reaction score
impulse-bought the 32inch @ $269 -- realised not feasible for drywall installation and trying hard to find a non-bulky TV console high enough, so i can watch from my bed. kind of drawn in my the positive reviews on their website but looks like they are actively trimming bad reviews per the forum, wtf??

Anybody has suggestions on a Tv console?

endrue

Reaction score
Latest firmware update a few days ago. All good and stable now. No more Netflix shutdown by itself.
Honestly no complain at this price. Assume buying a cheap electronic without premium insurance. At your own risk but still no brainer. Let’s see how long it will last. Electronic any brand I would say still need a bit of luck.. some last some not... will try to update here again after a few months.

Last edited:

LunarBOI84

Reaction score
Latest firmware update a few days ago. All good and stable now. No more Netflix shutdown by itself.
Honestly no complain at this price. Assume buying a cheap electronic without premium insurance. At your own risk but still no brainer. Let’s see how long it will last. Electronic any brand I would say still need a bit of luck.. some last some not... will try to update here again after a few months.

How to update firmware ? Through TV or manual push via USB ? Thanks

sheshen

Reaction score
Customer service sent me email few days back, saying there will be firmware update to solve the netflix crash topic. But after checking my TV serial number, it's not include in update deployment yet. However, they offer me refund few times.

I don't think we can compare this TV with LG or Samsung. If we have budget to buy LG or Samsung, why not. We can consider to get Xiaomi/TCL TV which running android OS, but doesn't mean Xiaomi TV has no problem.

I choose Prism+ TV because I have bright living room and Prism+ TV has 400nit brightness. And 3 years warranty service + part is most important thing when buying electronic.

Last edited:

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Customer service sent me email few days back, saying there will be firmware update to solve the netflix crash topic. But after checking my TV serial number, it's not include in update deployment yet. However, they offer me refund few times.

I don't think we can compare this TV with LG or Samsung. If we have budget to buy LG or Samsung, why not. We can consider to get Xiaomi/TCL TV which running android OS, but doesn't mean Xiaomi TV has no problem.

I choose Prism+ TV because I have bright living room and Prism+ TV has 400nit brightness. And 3 years warranty service + part is most important thing when buying electronic.

What kind of problem does Xiaomi Android tv have?

Overdriv

Reaction score
I

I was looking for a new tv and was 'wowwed' by Prism's marketing and purchased the Prism+E43 as it listed on their website as sale is ending. Later i found out that their sale is "forever ending" just like the $2 closing down shop that never closes. Its just a tactic to pressure people to buy on impulse.

When I received the TV, it will auto turn on by itself, watch Netflix will kena auto kick out every 10-15mins.

In the end, i choose a refund and bought a TCL instead. For the same price, you get full andriod 9 pie which allows you to play andriod apps and games. Plus google voice controls and the sound system on TCL was much better than Prism.

That being said, there is an upside to Prism+, that is if you die die need an IPS panel at 400 nits because the room where you place the tv is very bright.

Else, please don't buy a Prism+ TV on impulse. Do some research as there are brands like TCL, Xiaomi and Philips that deliver in the same budget.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I

I was looking for a new tv and was 'wowwed' by Prism's marketing and purchased the Prism+E43 as it listed on their website as sale is ending. Later i found out that their sale is "forever ending" just like the $2 closing down shop that never closes. Its just a tactic to pressure people to buy on impulse.

When I received the TV, it will auto turn on by itself, watch Netflix will kena auto kick out every 10-15mins.

In the end, i choose a refund and bought a TCL instead. For the same price, you get full andriod 9 pie which allows you to play andriod apps and games. Plus google voice controls and the sound system on TCL was much better than Prism.

That being said, there is an upside to Prism+, that is if you die die need an IPS panel at 400 nits because the room where you place the tv is very bright.

Else, please don't buy a Prism+ TV on impulse. Do some research as there are brands like TCL, Xiaomi and Philips that deliver in the same budget.

Which TCL model did u get? Did u get it from Giant?

Hamlau

Reaction score
I

I reported the backlight bleeding issue since first bought E55 in April and was given the default response - "this is a drawback for our IPS panel technology and unfortunately, we do not offer a local dimming function at this price range". Since there was no point for a replacement, I opted for full refund and they kindly let me keep the TV until ** ended so that I could source for my own replacement.

I agree about their limited time sale tactic and their desperate ads in FB and other SM to push sales. However, I am glad that the refund process was smooth without delays on their part. So the after-sales service was not too bad in my experience.

Since then, I did some research and ended up with a 55" TCL equipped with Android and AI controls. There's no similar issues with backlight bleeding (at the same price point as they mentioned). Enjoying the TCL and I am happy that I was able to switch to it.

PS: Before Prism+, I tried Xiomi Smart 55" but sold it off after a month coz wasn't happy with the ugly and forced UI (with ads).

Ralphel

Master Member
Reaction score
I reported the backlight bleeding issue since first bought E55 in April and was given the default response - "this is a drawback for our IPS panel technology and unfortunately, we do not offer a local dimming function at this price range". Since there was no point for a replacement, I opted for full refund and they kindly let me keep the TV until ** ended so that I could source for my own replacement.

I agree about their limited time sale tactic and their desperate ads in FB and other SM to push sales. However, I am glad that the refund process was smooth without delays on their part. So the after-sales service was not too bad in my experience.

Since then, I did some research and ended up with a 55" TCL equipped with Android and AI controls. There's no similar issues with backlight bleeding (at the same price point as they mentioned). Enjoying the TCL and I am happy that I was able to switch to it.

PS: Before Prism+, I tried Xiomi Smart 55" but sold it off after a month coz wasn't happy with the ugly and forced UI (with ads).
saw someone mentioned that there was an firmware update for prism some time ago
were u able to update and test it b4 returning the set?

Hamlau

Reaction score
saw someone mentioned that there was an firmware update for prism some time ago
were u able to update and test it b4 returning the set?

Yes, did the update but that's more to address Netflix disconnection and other issues. The screen bleeding is inherent in hardware and by design - no amount of software adjustments can really make a difference. As the Prism+ tech support mentioned, their TVs has no dimming features. If that's not important, then by all means, get Prism+ but if you can find similarly-priced range with better features e.g. TCL then why not? Although China-made, TCL is very popular in the US (you can read the many independent reviews) - I intend to buy another, bigger (65"), QLED with Dolby-Atmos support and it'll just be slightly above 1K with same 3 yrs warranty ヅ .

endrue

Reaction score
Annoying part about this TV so far is... it sometimes power on and off by itself... not sure if the admin that can push the update also monitoring the TV and can remote the TV as well... creepy

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score
Annoying part about this TV so far is... it sometimes power on and off by itself... not sure if the admin that can push the update also monitoring the TV and can remote the TV as well... creepy
Random on/offs?

I kena before on my LG TV. Call the service hotline. Its probably the capacitor or the mainboard issue.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.