Macbook Pro 16 Inch officially released

Icterine

Reaction score
going to use it for a few more days and then i'll get apple care. making sure that there is no issues before i get it...fans only kicked in during indexing and rendering.

the thing you gotta realise is, there are two kinds of fan noise....the screeching turbo jet engine kind from windows based machines and then the kind from macs which is a lower frequency and doesn't annoy me as much.

The MBP 16" sounds like a dyson fan tower AM07 but in auto-breeze mode.

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
The MBP 16" sounds like a dyson fan tower AM07 but in auto-breeze mode.

haha yes exactly! its loud but not obnoxious,(as it should be to cool that processor and gpu )

i dunno man, ive tried the gaming laptops from razer, msi, asus.....the sound of their fans just irritate me. probably the frequency?

anyway thats why ive gone with the 16" also la.....i casualyl play LoL , PUBG & Overwatch and its sufficient (at 1440p)

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha yes exactly! its loud but not obnoxious,(as it should be to cool that processor and gpu )

i dunno man, ive tried the gaming laptops from razer, msi, asus.....the sound of their fans just irritate me. probably the frequency?

anyway thats why ive gone with the 16" also la.....i casualyl play LoL , PUBG & Overwatch and its sufficient (at 1440p)

Frequency is one thing but the design of the blades and chamber are important aspects of fan noise. Apple has always done wonderful jobs in their fans design.

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys still experience the "pop" sound issue? Read from other forums the issue still exists.

Icterine

Reaction score

When gaming with the 16", I usually put on a laptop stand, just to make sure the air disperses more efficiently. The fan noise will also be less prominent.

reyorz

Reaction score
Hi I have just purchased my new 16” MacBook Pro but right now I’m having some dilemma on choosing the right monitor.

I’m pretty much a tech idiot so I would like to get some help in choosing the right monitor!

I’m currently looking at 2 ultrawide monitors from
prism +

X300 has a resolution of 2560x1080, 200hz refresh rate and comes with HDMI 2.0 ports along w HDMI 1.4 and Display ports

X290 has the same resolution of 2560x1080, 100hz refresh rate and only has HDMI 1.4 and display ports

While I’m more than happy paying the extra money for the x300, I’m just wondering if our 16” MBP GPU can support the specs of monitor 1, or is monitor 1 a bit of an overkill here?

Thank you in advance!!!

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I have just purchased my new 16” MacBook Pro but right now I’m having some dilemma on choosing the right monitor.

I’m pretty much a tech idiot so I would like to get some help in choosing the right monitor!

I’m currently looking at 2 ultrawide monitors from
prism +

X300 has a resolution of 2560x1080, 200hz refresh rate and comes with HDMI 2.0 ports along w HDMI 1.4 and Display ports

X290 has the same resolution of 2560x1080, 100hz refresh rate and only has HDMI 1.4 and display ports

While I’m more than happy paying the extra money for the x300, I’m just wondering if our 16” MBP GPU can support the specs of monitor 1, or is monitor 1 a bit of an overkill here?

Thank you in advance!!!

The MacBook Pro can connects up to 2 6K 60Hz or 4 4K external monitors through TB3 (USB-C).

I would recommend a monitor that comes with a USB C port so you can connect to your MacBook Pro 16".

reyorz

Reaction score
The MacBook Pro can connects up to 2 6K 60Hz or 4 4K external monitors through TB3 (USB-C).

I would recommend a monitor that comes with a USB C port so you can connect to your MacBook Pro 16".

Thanks adiboy!

What about the use of an USB-C to HDMI adaptor? Will that affect the graphics? Or it’s just an hassle because I need to buy an extra adaptor?

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ya, u can prob daisy chain e 2 monitors thru 1 TB3 also.

wind30

Reaction score
Working well even when connected to an external monitor?

I never connect mine to external monitor... the screen to me is big enough to work on, even for my photo editing.

I switch my 32" dell monitor which I used to edit colors for my photos to a 55" TV because I feel the macbook pro 16 screen is good enough.

Icterine

Reaction score
Anyone using the base i9 model? Any feedback or regrets? :s13:

Base i9 user here. The only complaint I have is that the fans get very noisy and the surface around the touch bar area gets warm easily. This occurs whenever the dedicated graphics are in use. So plugging the 16" to a monitor will force enable the Radeon card, and drive the fans to around 2800rpm without any background application running. If you were to run Zoom with external monitor, that would bump the fan speed to 4400rpm. This is in contrast to the idle fan speed of 1800rpm. However, this does not mean that the 16" cannot perform intensive tasks. In fact, the i9 never throttled. It just remained warm at 74°C consistently. If you currently own a Dyson fan or hairdryer, the 16" MacBook Pro fans will sound no different. It's the exact same sound frequency, some like it, others don't.

The 6-Core i7 will probably be quiter and cooler. But I can't confirm this.

Besides this, I must say the 16" retina screen with thin bezels are nice. The speakers are undoubtedly the best in the market. The tweeters can produce higher highs than my Bose 2.1 speakers. And of course, the aluminium body.

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
I pair my new 16" with Dell U2020Q USB-C monitor. A very great pair.. I don't hear the noise at all unless I turn on Steam or on long usage with a Chrome browser. The speaker... is too good. Sometimes I don't even turn on my Bose speakers.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very loud leh 16 inch base model....

But the built in speakers are very good

scottshin

Master Member
Reaction score
I never connect mine to external monitor... the screen to me is big enough to work on, even for my photo editing.

I switch my 32" dell monitor which I used to edit colors for my photos to a 55" TV because I feel the macbook pro 16 screen is good enough.

does it perform well on final cut pro?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.