The Watch Thread - Part 16

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
What do u guys think of paying money for non-essential like another watch during this recession? Thinking hard whether to part money for a Seiko Presage for $1,500.....

I personally wouldnt pay so much for a Seiko Presage but that's just me. :s22:
You can consider the cocktail variations which are cheaper.

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do u guys think of paying money for non-essential like another watch during this recession? Thinking hard whether to part money for a Seiko Presage for $1,500.....

Only if you have the means to do it. Buy what you like! HAGWE!

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

which model is this? why 1.5k?

cichlid

Master Member
Reaction score
50050055968_959f6a0319_b.jpg

Last edited:

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Tudor BB58 in blue bezel. Who's excited for it? Heard its coming out on end of the month.

Last edited:

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I'm thinking of getting a Rolex Datejust 36, Oystersteel and yellow gold, fluted bezel, gold dial which costs around $15k.

After researching on some forums, I read that it is possible to ask for a discount from the ADs and couple it with mall vouchers (at a 5 - 8% discounted rate from carousell) to get the watch at the best price.

However, the several ADs I have checked with have only offered a 5% discount at most, which is rather different from the discount range mentioned in forums (around 10% - 25%). Would like to check with you guys if a 5% discount is a reasonable rate currently or is it possible to ask for more? Would appreciate any advice on negotiating the price or other tips to get the watch at a lower rate please. Thanks!

I bought my TT DJ 3 yrs back at 19% discount local AD. Not sure if times have changed

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tudor BB58 in blue bezel. Who's excited for it? Heard its coming out on end of the month.

“To break the rules, you must first master them.” Tradition and avant-garde are inextricably intertwined at Audemars Piguet.

Will skip the dateless watch for now... :s13:

GoldLux7

Reaction score
Recently visited a couple of ADs and Boutiques looking for my first luxury watch.

Am deciding between the Omega Speedmaster or Seamaster. Any tips

Cheers

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Recently visited a couple of ADs and Boutiques looking for my first luxury watch.

Am deciding between the Omega Speedmaster or Seamaster. Any tips

Cheers

Cant go wrong with either one but my vote goes to seamaster 300.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.