[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well... if you guys think story matters so heavily to the point that it outweighs every other single aspect of a video game then at that point why not just youtube the cutscenes. You will get the exact same experience anyway. No need to buy and play any narrative driven games in future, just youtube it.

Gaming means we as players immerse ourselves into the game, we're invested in the characters and storyline because we have some choice/say in the game and go through with the story.

Watching movies/cutscenes doesn't give you that satisfaction. I don't know how you can even be so delusional into thinking that way but I hope you manage to grow out of that view someday. :(

google69

Reaction score
its named the last of us. i need to compare with 1.
it took 7 years to write this.
its a single-player-story-driven game.

ya, suddenly story doesn't matter.
come on la. wanna score the multiplayer thats coming out 10/10 i don't care. becos graphic is really good.

this is trash, the writing is SO trash. not posting spoilers. i can identify major plot holes within the first 2 hours of the game. Abby being there is stupid. how the characters meet each other is stupid. Joel and Tommy is BOTH STUPID. everyone in the Abby gang is stupid. i said stupid becos what they did doesn't make sense. nothing is touching when stuff doesn't make sense and its stupid.

7 years 7 years 7 years to come up with this stupidity and ppl like?
i'm just treating u as someone who didn't read/watch alot of books or movie (game/series/film/anime whatever media with a story).
lol what talking you. no one's saying story doesn't matter. just that some people prioritize some things differently. yes, even in a story driven game. if you think a bad story can turn this kind of game into "trash" then good for you. no need to disrespect other's opinion just because you have a strong feeling towards your opinion.

personally, like i said, i value gameplay highly, and this one is way more enjoyable to play than the first. if you ask me which game would i rather replay in a year or two, i would tell you ten times out of ten it's tlou2. and that, to me, makes the 2nd game better than the first. it's as simple as that.

btw, did people actually tried messing with the accessibility options? the sheer amount of options you can customize the game to your liking is actually insane.

and on a side note, i can't wait for factions part 2. the first one is probably my 2nd favorite multiplayer in a video game ever. can't wait for the new one with the improved mechanics.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
imo gameplay and story need to be balanced. if heavily tip over one side is no good.

like rdr2 i like the story very much but the gameplay left much to be desired.

Soulhacker

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
end of the day just need to accept this game will never have a neutral. either u like it, or u dislike it. :s13:

if nv play before 1st game, it will be a 9/10 game no doubt.

but if u played the 1st game, the only reason u wan to finish this is cause u paid 80$. at least thats the only reason i can think of. :s13:

actually the gameplay of TLOU was never its strongest point, it was the story. if i wan to play a real open world/ combat/ shooter game, it will never be TLOU series. :s13:

To be fair the open-world part (think ish the only open-world part in the whole game, where you start to pray as ellie and her les wifu) actually quite fun to pray and sexplore. Just that by the time you reach that part already si pek low morale and\or angry to continue, especially when you know wat coming and how you effort to pray through won't get any good payoff. :(

Actually for moi the graphic ish definitely 10/10 as ish definitely very impressive for PS4 hardware limitation and the game do pay attention to a lot of micro details with the environment. The first game also a 10/10 at it's time, actually even if pray today the first game graphic still can look 10/10. But taking both gamepray and story into consideration the overall score even 8/10 ish too high for the sequel, let alone 9/10.

Gamepray wise moi never really like stealth game, and though LoU stealth and combat gamepray not sux but it ish also not the best stealth that moi have prayed in such genre. Also don't really enjoy the jerking aiming mechanism even though moi understand ish a design choice to add more realism. Thus personally ish give the gamepray 5/10 at most though can understand how some will give it higher but giving this an above 8 score would be too much, should go try other better stealth game to sexperience how those are much better in gamepray. (Eg metal gear, dishonored, hitman, splinter cell etc)

Story ish also wat really got moi into the first game, and the main reason why it allow moi to pray through the whole game even though moi don't really enjoy the gamepray. The bonding and chemistry between Joel and Ellie felt natural and really works and that why people can still understand why Joel make that decision in the ending. This ish why the story for the first game ish 10/10 for moi.

But the sequel's story make no sense in many area, seem like force writing to want the story to go a certain way nia. The part where they try to psycho you to like certain character by forcing you to pray her side story end up not convincing enough for many people thus felt ish a waste of time as will still end up hating her. Worst ish all the earlier force created drama didn't lead to a good payoff in the ending, leaving many felt WTF and not convincing with many of the characters in-game choices.

For those that pray and love the first games and the characters really hard to believe they don't give a 0/10 or at least a 3~4/10 for this kind of story. For those who pray this sequel as the first game and know nothing about the previous characters, also hard to believe why they would want it to give a 9~10/10 for this kind of unconvincing story arc.

So even if dropping the personal biases for the sequel, to moi the game by average taking consideration of gamepray, graphics and story ish at most a 6~7/10 game nia. Won't be as magnificent as those MSM and critics make it out to be.

Worst thing ish they force people to pray probably one of the most disliked and hated character that even take up almost half of the total content gametime, some more change to her PoV in crucial moment such as boss fight with ellie. KNN we want ellie to hoot jialark jialark and kill this transgender bitch (doesn't matter why they nao claiming she ish female not a transgender, still look, and act like one to moi) not the other way round. And by the time you get to pray as Ellie again in the final boss fight, they don't even give you the option to kill this bitch. This really already make the already mediocre and repetitive gamepray hard to pray and lack the motivation to push you to complete the game since the ending doesn't even offer you any satisfactory outcome and payoff in the story.

Some more Sony and Naughty dog had resort to many bull$hit and dirty techniques like fales advertisement to mislead fansee (just check the earlier trailer, don't tell moi it ish not trying to sian you into believing that you will be praying as Joel and Ellie for most of the game) or the false DMCA to try silence negative reviews and nao even user metacritic scores also start to ban\delete negative reviews while only allow the positive one. (Thus the scores suddenly rise so fast, not because teh game ish really good but nao cannot give low score) Because of these underhand tactics, moi think they really deserve the 0/10 score.

Soulhacker

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
imo gameplay and story need to be balanced. if heavily tip over one side is no good.

like rdr2 i like the story very much but the gameplay left much to be desired.

Actually don't need to excel in both to be a good game, some games can still be enjoyable and considered a great game purely on the story, (eg the old monkey island, king quest, indiana jones that kind of AVG games) or some can enjoy purely on the gamepray nia. But of cause having both being good would be a bonus lah.

So it really depend on how the game impressionate itself to the gamers, if it try to sell itself as a story-driven game, then people focus will be more on the story rather than the gamepray, if it ish the gamepray then people won't be focusing much on the story. If the game ish trying to sell both story and gamepray then of cause prayer sexpectation will be much higher and expect the game to deliver in both area.

Like last time many people used to enjoy those point and click adventure games because of the story nia as it ish wat those games are selling anyway. Those games the game pray usually si pek simple and monotonous as ish mostly just point and click nia, with some puzzle mini-games in between.

And last time most of those classic platform\hack&slash action games actually don't have much or dip story too, but we still enjoy some of them dip dip and keep repraying them cause the game pray are great and entertaining as we know this ish wat those games are focusing on. Like moi last time love to pray games like Konami world, castle vania, Contra, salamander etc ish not because of the story, but the gamepray ish very entertaining can keep praying non-stop. Even legend of zelda the story also quite simple and straight-forward, but people love it as a classic because it was a very fun ARPG and one of the early daze 'open-world' concept game (though still limit the certain sequence of some dungeons you can choose to clear first but some can still be done out of the original orders) at that time.

The LoU ish esteemed as one of the best story driven game and it ish also how most people come to know of it. This ish why many place the story and character to be more significant part of the game's sequel over the gamepray and mechanism lor.

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup exactly.

i dun remember about the gameplay mechanics, how to fire a shot or whatever, but i remember saving joel when he almost died in the snow, and then ellie in the ending.

naughty dog sold a story, not a gameplay.

:(

ksw101

Reaction score
Is it worth to buy if price is 9.9?
nmvdtSi.jpg

cutthroat

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to pre-order Ghost of Tsushima Collectors edition? Been looking around but seems it’s out of stock everywhere?

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to pre-order Ghost of Tsushima Collectors edition? Been looking around but seems it’s out of stock everywhere?

The new gameplay looks good.
Very gory, I like.
Hopefully it is good.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Alternatively, get one from Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=ps4+bluetooth

Just look for the cheapest with free shipping (or cheapest after adding shipping).

HobbyLane-3-5mm-Bluetooth-4-0-EDR-USB-Bluetooth-Dongle-USB-Adapter-for-PS4-Stable-Performance.jpg_220x220xz.jpg_.webp

Note that the dongle does not support mic, it's one-way from PS4 to your bluetooth headset only, your headset's mic cannot pick up your voice. That's why you see the other little thingy with 3.5mm earphone plug, that one is a mic that you plug into your PS4 controller's earphone jack.

So the only drawback here is that you still have to plug in a physical mic into the controller. Cannot use the AirPods mic via the USB dongle alone?

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score

Just gotten from this seller, fast delivery. Works ok with my AirPods Pro. So audio output is via the AirPods, input is via the mini mic plugged into the controller.

Only issues is
1. There is no volume control on the AirPods (damm Apple for simplifying everything). Thus there is only a maximum volume I can set in the PS4 setting itself. Which is not that loud/immersive I hoped it would be.

2. When in COD, friends say that the feedback from the mic produces some "cracking" sound. Not sure why.

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ooh ps plus got 4 free games this month

Edit : typo should be 3 games

Last edited:

mliolukiye

Reaction score
2. When in COD, friends say that the feedback from the mic produces some "cracking" sound. Not sure why.

I'm using the same. Not sure if its the bluetooth connection instability or what, I have occasional brief cracking/cut-off moments while playing games (single-player). Watching Netflix on the PS4 may sometimes have that same issue too. 90% of the time, it works well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.