xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using Kodi Netflix plugins:-

List of tested devices

List%2Bof%2B1080P%2B4k%2BAndroid%2Btested%2Bdevices%2BC.jpg

For reference!
--

Most of the boxes listed in the table are certified Android TV OS device which are also certified by Netflix, for example, Mi Box S, Nvidia Shield TV and Sony Android. They can use the native Netflix App and 4K Netflix will be supported if you have the corresponding subscription plan and supported TV and HDMI cable.

As for Amazon Fire TV, it is not to running Android TV OS but it is certified by Netflix.

I am not familiar with the EON box, but the website shows it is a certified Android TV OS device as well. Looks like it is certified by Netflix as well if it can run Netflix 4K.
https://en.eon.tv/devices

For Beelink GT1-A, it is supposed to be a certified Android TV OS device but I believe the Netflix certificate is fake one. So it may not work any time.

For the Minix, it has Google Widevine Level 1 DRM. I believe the above is kind of a hack.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The Singtel Plus services definitely looks good. Does Starhub Go have live services, and what are the bundles for non Starhub Fibre users? I can't seem to find those information on the website.

Starhub Go is now called Starhub TV+.

You do not need to be a Starhub Fibre TV user.

Go Max, S$29.8 per month, VOD and 80+ live TV ch
https://www.starhub.com/personal/entertainment/app/go-max.html

Go Select, S$9.9 per month, VOD only, no live TV
https://www.starhub.com/personal/entertainment/app/starhub-go-select.html

Go Sports, S$9.9 per month, live sports, no EPL though. :D
https://www.starhub.com/personal/entertainment/app/starhub-go-sports.html

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

eauyong

Reaction score

eauyong

Reaction score
For Beelink GT1-A, it is supposed to be a certified Android TV OS device but I believe the Netflix certificate is fake one. So it may not work any time.

For the Minix, it has Google Widevine Level 1 DRM. I believe the above is kind of a hack.

What is the difference? Fake vs Hack.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the difference? Fake vs Hack.

Fake: Beelink does not have Netflix certification but produces a fake certificate in the system. Netflix may break it any time or even sue Beelink. In fact Netflix has already broken it for a few times.

Hack: Minix is honest and not doing what Beelink is doing. But hackers find some ways to get 1080p Netflix. Netflix may still break the hack but it can not sue Minix.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What’s a good and value Tv box to buy for IPTV? I already subscribed IPTV.

Box is not the issue. If the IPTV package supports Mi Box S, then just buy it. If not, buy a S905X2/S905X3 based box based on your budget.

The problem is that none of the IPTV package is good.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here owns a Mi Box S or Nvidia Shield TV/Pro? Can your android TV box run apps like Popcorn Time or stream videos from websites like https://myflixer.to/

Also where can i try out a demo set of Mi Box S?

As per Wikipedia, Popcorn Time is a multi-platform, free software BitTorrent client that includes an integrated media player. The BitTorrent usage makes it illegal to be used in Singapore.

As for the above website, it looks like not a legitimate source either so the streaming may be in gray area.

There are legitimate free apps like Tube TV and others. And there are many paid services like Netflix, SingTel Cast, Starhub TV+, etc.
https://www.androidauthority.com/netflix-alternatives-1012485/

Mi shops selling Mi Box S, but I never saw people trying the box.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here owns a Mi Box S or Nvidia Shield TV/Pro? Can your android TV box run apps like Popcorn Time or stream videos from websites like https://myflixer.to/

Also where can i try out a demo set of Mi Box S?

Thanks in advance :s12:

forget about mibox/shield if you are going to run these 2.

first one is illegal,

2nd one is a website, lets put aside whether it is legitimate, you should not use website on mibox/shield to watch video.

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

bumperbee

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, recently I checked with one of the seller Xiaomi Online in Lazada whether MiboxS support HEVC & H265 playback, but the reply is not supported. Could any expert tell me if this is true? Thank you

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, recently I checked with one of the seller Xiaomi Online in Lazada whether MiboxS support HEVC & H265 playback, but the reply is not supported. Could any expert tell me if this is true? Thank you

don't ask seller technical questions, unless you want to get wrong answers.

almost all the popular chipsets made in the last 5 years should be able to do it with VPU/GPU, and most are powerful enough to decode in software if you insist to do software decoding.

bumperbee

Reaction score
Hi Gregory, thank you for your reply.
My knowledge in this is very limited. Judging from your statement, it seem quite clear you had meant the MiboxS is able to playback HEVC and H265 format. Best Regards

bumperbee

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, regarding MiboxS, I need to know more question for those experts that are using this box, please tell me if it could support playback of movie files from a 3 or 5Tb portable harddisk? Thank you

zacky1223

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am planning to get an android box to watch movies and tv shows. Looking at Puliderde Q+ from shopee is this box ok?

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am planning to get an android box to watch movies and tv shows. Looking at Puliderde Q+ from shopee is this box ok?

Is it for the LG OLED tv u just bought? Doesn't it have android tv function?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.