Republic change to singtel

Block394

Reaction score
Previously been using republic Asus rt-ac88u router with no issue on my android box and when recently just change to singtel air 4920 router my android box lag. Anybody had the same issue or any advice?

miloaisdino

Reaction score
Previously been using republic Asus rt-ac88u router with no issue on my android box and when recently just change to singtel air 4920 router my android box lag. Anybody had the same issue or any advice?
if you dont want to experience throttling on http streaming and p2p (eg android box), pls stay with myrepublic. no router can fix this

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
wa first post since 2013.

and what the above said.
traffic light telcos throttle internet services.

meaning they put a cap on maximum bandwidth for each type of service.

like video streaming got a cap, p2p, torrent, etc, all got a cap each

Block394

Reaction score
Not active here just reading up some post during freetime.

Actually im looking for a cheaper alternative cos seldom use. Republic was $69 and singtel i took the $40+ package. Both line still active but was informed tat if i continue republic i have to pay the 24months fee total of $1000+++ to cancel my singtel. I assume tat in the first place if i switch over will not affect my android box, now i regret liaošŸ˜«

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Actually im looking for a cheaper alternative cos seldom use. Republic was $69 and singtel i took the $40+ package. Both line still active but was informed tat if i continue republic i have to pay the 24months fee total of $1000+++ to cancel my singtel. I assume tat in the first place if i switch over will not affect my android box, now i regret liao��

MR i saw their Starting price at $38.99 // 49.99. maybe 69.00 was an old plan or No Contract

You can set Asus rt-ac88u as AP mode and once this is done. Connect your box to Asus rt-ac88u and see if the lag was due to singnet or air 4920

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can continue using RT-AC88U with Singtel as the main router (enable vlan profile). Then you can check if it is the problem of AirTies 4920 or Singtel.

As for Android Box, what kind of apps are you using? Singtel does throttle P2P traffic which I do not see as an issue myself. But there is no need to use P2P (eg: Bit Torrent based Popcorn Time) based apps now and they are illegal in Singapore.

If you use those IPTV package, take note that due to recent crackdown by the Chinese Authorities, many services get either totally gone or only partially recovered.

Last edited:

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by lag? Ur box connect to Airties lan port? Or directly via Asus router? Or via wifi?

Block394

Reaction score
MR i saw their Starting price at $38.99 // 49.99. maybe 69.00 was an old plan or No Contract

You can set Asus rt-ac88u as AP mode and once this is done. Connect your box to Asus rt-ac88u and see if the lag was due to singnet or air 4920

Yup been using it for 5years.
Ok will try to switch to asus.

Block394

Reaction score

You can continue using RT-AC88U with Singtel as the main router (enable vlan profile). Then you can check if it is the problem of AirTies 4920 or Singtel.

As for Android Box, what kind of apps are you using? Singtel does throttle P2P traffic which I do not see as an issue myself. But there is no need to use P2P (eg: Bit Torrent based Popcorn Time) based apps now and they are illegal in Singapore.

If you use those IPTV package, take note that due to recent crackdown by the Chinese Authorities, many services get either totally gone or only partially recovered.

Im using for iptv.

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
check the firmware of ur 4920 (can see from the airties app).... try get singtel to push the latest firmware to you

miloaisdino

Reaction score

Actually im looking for a cheaper alternative cos seldom use. Republic was $69 and singtel i took the $40+ package. Both line still active but was informed tat if i continue republic i have to pay the 24months fee total of $1000+++ to cancel my singtel. I assume tat in the first place if i switch over will not affect my android box, now i regret liaošŸ˜«
you can still transfer your contract to someone else for a small fee. try paying someone here or pass it to someone else who needs it!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.