Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 6

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi rider,

I bought a hybrid bicycle. After riding sometimes, i can hear clicking sound. I went back to the shop and they do some adjustment for me. Then later after riding for sometimes, the sound came back again. IS it normal for bicycle?

Pls advice. Thanks
1. What are the adjustments they had done for you?

2. Did it only happen at certain gears or all gears the same?

3. Did it happen only when seated or only when you are riding out of saddle?

4. Did it happen with every pedal stroke and at a particular point of the stroke?

5. Does it even got any clicking sound when you didn't pedal while bike is rolling?

6. Does the sound come randomly or in certain consistent pattern? Also is it creaking sound or clicking sound? More description will be helpful.

7. Have you done any visual inspection of your whole bike (frame and components) to see if there's any damage somewhere?

8. Commonly these are the things that may cause clicking sound.
- saddle
- pedals
- bottom bracket area
- wheels
- cable end cap of your fd hitting/rubbing the frame seat tube when shifted to either big chainring or small chainring

Sent from HUAWEI HMA-L29 using GAGT

Last edited:

respectablemagician

Reaction score
Hi Riders

I usually ride my road bike at night or in early morning along east coast and tanah merah coastal road which is quite dark.

I would like to ask what is a reasonably good light 'to see with'.

Was about to pull the trigger on the Lezyene Hector 500 lumens but wanted to check first.

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Riders

I usually ride my road bike at night or in early morning along east coast and tanah merah coastal road which is quite dark.

I would like to ask what is a reasonably good light 'to see with'.

Was about to pull the trigger on the Lezyene Hector 500 lumens but wanted to check first.
300 to 500 lumens enough.

Sent from Samsung SM-G970F using GAGT

Laofuzi67

Banned
Reaction score
My cheapskate mountain bike puncture. How much to change a new set of tyres. Cheap type no need branded. Also the bike got gears if replace them is it expensive? Or can dismantle the gear use as normal bicycle can work?

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My cheapskate mountain bike puncture. How much to change a new set of tyres. Cheap type no need branded. Also the bike got gears if replace them is it expensive? Or can dismantle the gear use as normal bicycle can work?

#1 cost of tire depends on brand/design loh? are u saying the tire threads completely worn out? If just a simple puncture change tube ok liao

#2 change gear = do u mean entire drivetrain overhaul or just a rear cassette/freewheel change? some refer to the shifters (front/rear) as gears also so have to know referring to what exactly to better advise ;)

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is smiling Devil's bicycle shop still open? I wanna get saddle and some other bicycle accessories from him. :s12:

mosprockett

Reaction score
Hey tyrell owners... Anyone know the difference between fxa and fx?

Also is it possible to tweak the upright riding aspect of the bike? I.e I don't wanna such aggressive riding stance...

Thx

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Also is it possible to tweak the upright riding aspect of the bike? I.e I don't wanna such aggressive riding stance...

Thx

You meant the difference between FX and FSX?

Tyrell design and bike geometry are meant to go fast, which means an aggressive riding position. It has a similar geometry to road bikes but with smaller wheels.

If you want an upright Tyrell, maybe you can consider Tyrell IVE which can fold and fold better.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thx
Fsx front fork is carbon. The wheelsets that come with the bikes are different also.

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thx
Why tyrell? Get a Travellor instead

Sent from Samsung SM-G970F using GAGT

mosprockett

Reaction score
Actually I was asking abt FXalpha

If you see the tyrell website theres FXalpha

Sent from OnePlus IN2023 using GAGT

hiton

Reaction score
I'm keen to buy a budget foldable bike under 200.

Most impt point is to be easy to ride. I find sgbike quite nice to ride. :)

Any recommendations from the gurus?

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are there any threads or posts here that recommends bicycle for GrabFood usage??

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are there any threads or posts here that recommends bicycle for GrabFood usage??

i imagine fixies or single speeds not encouraged cos wif added load of backpack if tio those landed estates wif lots of hills jialat liao :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.