Anyone buys iPhone one generation after release?

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
iPhone XS now also much cheaper. Still a very powerful phone IMO. Minus the wide angle camera.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
I usu buy last gen when the new one releasing soon. Better deals sometimes.

Ditto here.
In fact, I'm currently using still my iPhone X and AW, and have been for the last 2 years.
Guess this year will be time to change .. perhaps to IP11 & AW5 :D

Although if the leaks are accurate, the smallest IP12 looks appealing due to the small and IP SE metallic form factor

i_am_fatimah

Master Member
Reaction score
this year first time im doing it, got the 11 but after 7 months really hated the bulk. went back to xs, love the size. wanted to get the 11 pro but its $580 more i didnt want to pay so much more for extra cameras that i dont use

anthonygreenisreal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iPhone XS 512gb is only at this price when it is almost going 2 years. So I think for 11 pro to reach this price you probably have to wait until August 2021. By then iPhone 13 is almost out.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Buy from apple store on the week that the announcement is coming. Then once they release the iphone 12, can ask apple refund price difference liao. Dont know how much it will drop though. But at least still can get it from apple store or if for some reason wanna jump to 12, still can refund and buy the 12

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
When 12/12pro are out, 11pro won't drop price so fast one la. Even if drop is $10 at most. Need to wait for 12 stocks to be stable, 2 to 3 months later than you see the drop. Even then the drop will still be min, but every months will drop bit by bit.

beefslayer999

Reaction score
When 12/12pro are out, 11pro won't drop price so fast one la. Even if drop is $10 at most. Need to wait for 12 stocks to be stable, 2 to 3 months later than you see the drop. Even then the drop will still be min, but every months will drop bit by bit.

Are you talking about retail or 2nd hand / carousell market? Planning to get from carousell myself

anthonygreenisreal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iPhones wont get cheap unless you are referring to the used set from 2 generations ago. Like for now you could get a used iPhone X 256gb for around $550?. Reason being is that the demand is still very high for these iPhones unlike Android phones.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.