NTU Scholarships

B19B612

Reaction score
Hi everyone, previously I accepted the offer for the School Scholarship administered by NTU in May, but recently, an external vendor emailed me to notify me that I made it through to the next round of interviews.

May I ask, is it possible to cancel the NTU one if I got offered the external scholarship in the end? Will there be any penalties incurred?

The NTU website says that if I were to terminate the scholarship prematurely, a penalty will be imposed. But considering that I haven't used/obtained the monetary value from the scholarship yet, does it mean that no penalties will be imposed?

Note that I'm commencing my studies in the year 2022/2023.

Last edited:

keuchik

Reaction score
If you haven't received any money from the scholarship yet then most likely they would allow you to cancel without incurring any penalty.

Fearah

Reaction score
Have u emailed the sch of scholarship? Its best to ask your advice directly from them

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Hi everyone, previously I accepted the offer for the School Scholarship administered by NTU in May, but recently, an external vendor emailed me to notify me that I made it through to the next round of interviews.

May I ask, is it possible to cancel the NTU one if I got offered the external scholarship in the end? Will there be any penalties incurred?

The NTU website says that if I were to terminate the scholarship prematurely, a penalty will be imposed. But considering that I haven't used/obtained the monetary value from the scholarship yet, does it mean that no penalties will be imposed?

Note that I'm commencing my studies in the year 2022/2023.

It depends and varies from scholarships to scholarships. Likely to have some terms and conditions when you signed, better check with them. Probably at most pay back abit. For instance my friend broke the MOE scholarship very early and had to pay 1k.

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
Isn't the school scholarship better? I suppose your external scholarship comes with a bond.
As someone who was a scholar, I highly recommend go for bond-free scholarship. Together with me, I have friends who have decided to break the bond and leave organization early. And you definitely don't want to pay the huge amount of liquidation damage.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.