Driving license woes

apprehensiveonion

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I got my BTT and FTT 4 years ago and went for practical driving tests but never passed and gave up. Now, I want to try getting my license again.

(1) I know that BTT lasts forever but my FTT has expired. I am going for a private driver instructor this time and was looking to sign up for the FTT at Ubi CDC, but only want to take the FTT, but it seems like I can only sign up for the BTT and FTT as a bundle and not separately?
It just seems so scammy, can anyone confirm that this was the same for them? :( Thanks!

(2) Also, now there seems to be a driving simulation thing that I have to take. How do I register for it? (i.e. must I be enrolled in the CDC? Am I enrolled if I sign up under the course "ACCOUNT OPENING (SELF-STUDY)"?)

Modd-36

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. You have to sign up with the center as a private candidate. They can view your driving history and should be able to advise you that your BTT is valid and your FTT had expired which they will give you a set of dates to take your FTT.

While waiting for your FTT, you can either apply for your PDL and start taking your practical lessons or start taking the mock exam.

2. Not sure about that part.

Hope this helps.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.