TFIP IBF Data Analytics

datageek

Reaction score
I am not surprised by this, a lot of company will test your technical knowledge even if you do not have prior networking knowledge on it.

I just had an interview with UOB for cloud computing track. They did not ask me specifically on cloud computing as to them cloud is just one of the many category to infrastructure. What I was asked more is on Linux, networking, security and production environment.
hi jgyy, understand that you studied and used pandas for your cloud computing. do the interviewers ask question on coding specific ones, what kind of python libraries to use for what application etc. does cloud computing cover docker container stuff?

i m trying to figure out technical questions for ai. as you know, it's a relatively new and wide field with new tech, ml libraries, math and software engineering.

datageek

Reaction score
Personally I do not like the idea of multiple round as I do not see how is it beneficial to the company to do so. I would rather the interview to be extended to 1 hour instead of going round after round. Its not like you are taking more senior role which requires even more assessments.

No questions about my python knowledge for CC as programming language is not the focus of CC in the first place. Cloud computing of course covers microservices and containerization, but what they will ask in general is your understanding in Linux.

Plus some experienced software developer will know about docker as they can write the container scripts themselves along with whatever application they building. AI is not much of an interest for me so I cant give any advise for that.
thanks jgyy.

do they come up with a hypothetical technical scenario and ask you how to approach it or solve it in the context of CC?

Campbellsoup

Reaction score
i can see why a lot of people (me including) didn't finish the assessment test... too long and rusty liao don't remember all the sec school stuff.

Kingdom

Reaction score
These are the FIs that have reached out for interviews:

Goldman - DA track
DBS - AI Track
Deutsche - AI Track
OCBC - DA & CC Track
Stan chart - CS Track
UOB - CC Track
Citi - CC Track

Do update this list if there’s new updates.

Hi all!

Just hope to keep everyone updated on the FI's progress in their interviewing activities.

I had a phone interview yesterday morning by Citibank in CC Track.

Kingdom

Reaction score
I wish everyone here all the best! May we all secure what we desire in our hearts.

mkbmp216

Reaction score
Haiz. Just did my DA test. Tried to be too perfect
Was only able to compleye 15 questions

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i can see why a lot of people (me including) didn't finish the assessment test... too long and rusty liao don't remember all the sec school stuff.

the program is being marketed as something for mid career switchers..

yet the requirements, tests and knowledge required seemed to prefer experienced candidates.. haha

j4yp33

Reaction score

yet the requirements, tests and knowledge required seemed to prefer experienced candidates.. haha
I am inclined to agree with you. But to be fair, I have no relevant professional experience and have made it quite far into the selection process.

Maybe I'm at an advantage because I'm a software engineer and I took relevant courses during circuit breaker. This is to display interest in the tracks that I applied to.

Campbellsoup

Reaction score

That's definitely true... haha i tried doing some mock questions before but nothing exactly prepared me for the test. I think two of my answers were guess work.

You've been efficient at this test if you are in a stats related environment + have been tutoring or doing a/e maths questions for a while.

datageek

Reaction score
Based on my 2 interview experience, if you have prior experience like being software engineer, they will tend to ask more on your work experience there and how you manage problems and seek solutions.

I also took quite a few relevant courses during the circuit breaker, but given the 30 minute time limit, I do not have any chance to talk about it at all.
just had my interview this morning. ai track.

supposedly 30 mins but ended up 60 mins long.

pretty technical in nature as expected. the interviewer got my resume. know i did some studies in analytics. gotta know your stuff well to answer. gotta explain some of the ml models and how they worked, the application of them, what and how i can apply them in current work domain and the fi. some simple programming questions.

got to know more of the interviewer work nature in my questions. basically, i can see that they are very hands-on and deal a lot with technologies and programming. good for me to know more about what they are doing. the actually learning curve will be very steep at the work place. if someone is there just for the money, better think twice. u really need genuine interest, aptitude and hard work to make it. not easy doing their work, good luck man! haha. definitely not for the faint-hearted. lol.

good luck and all the best to those taking virtual interviews this week.

(*PS remember to test your computer cam and audio working well with simple app like zoom before your actually interview.)

Last edited:

datageek

Reaction score
None of the interviewers ask me questions like how I can contribute to the company based on what I know or have experienced. I have little knowledge in AI so I cant comment much on that, for DA I faced more of a infrastructure issue than the calculations. For example if you need to fetch the data from 5 separate database and calculate the average in real time, can you do it within less than 30 seconds?

The interviewer I spoke to are also very hands on based on their comments, however due to time constrains they did not really give a very long explanation on their work nature other than expecting contributions from candidates. I think for us at least we are prepared for the learning curve already. As for the money, realistically speaking, I did career switch for that reason. But of course from the beginning I am aware of the struggles and I have faced quite a lot of setbacks.
hi jgyy, even though i didn't know you personally, but from our exchanges and posts on this forum, i can definitely see that you are a very motivated self starter who know where you are heading, you know what you want out of this program. u r perhaps an inspiration to all of us here. lol.

if, i m your interviewer, i will have no doubt that you are the perfect candidate to get. now, you are done with your interviews. you have done all you possibly can. u can sit back and offer your invaluable advice to all the fellow applicants in this forum.

hope that your FI offer will come early and soon. cheers :)

Doncha

Reaction score
Somehow i passed the Hirevue stage for goldman!
There is a 1h video interview session next lol

good luck to all and hope other FIs get back to you guys

sollll

Reaction score
Ohh same here, applied for DA only and chose SGX and Dymon as my preferred choices. All the best!

Hi demonsmile, have you heard anything yet?

I just checked with IBF and they said both Dymon and SGX have not given them any confirmation yet. Let’s just hope they are slower than the other FIs and we’ll get called up soon!

demonsmile

Reaction score
Hi demonsmile, have you heard anything yet?

I just checked with IBF and they said both Dymon and SGX have not given them any confirmation yet. Let’s just hope they are slower than the other FIs and we’ll get called up soon!
Hi sollll, same here, I haven't heard anything from both SGX and Dymon T.T

Fingers crossed, hope they'll call us up for an interview soon!

Databull

Reaction score
Hi sollll, same here, I haven't heard anything from both SGX and Dymon T.T

Fingers crossed, hope they'll call us up for an interview soon!

I last checked with IBF. SGX interview shortlist is received and you shall be contacted soon.

Unfortunately, I wasn't shortlisted by SGX.

datageek

Reaction score
I last checked with IBF. SGX interview shortlist is received and you shall be contacted soon.

Unfortunately, I wasn't shortlisted by SGX.
hi databull, i m datageek. we are the data family. haha.

ibf told you that you didn't shortlist by sgx or they didn't pass your cv to sgx?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.