M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

Wishdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they are doing away with the requirement of re-contracts so eventually you'll be paying the prevailing rate of the subscription plan in the future after your contract ends.
Sorry my ang moh not good.. Does prevailing means $29.90 perpetually or the no contract price in 2022?

Sent from Ilovennp using GAGT

fluid_motion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they are doing away with the requirement of re-contracts so eventually you'll be paying the prevailing rate of the subscription plan in the future after your contract ends.

I don't know who are these customers getting contract price plans without contract. I see last few pages users are still renewing their plans to get the contract price. :s11:

SpitFir3

Master Member
Reaction score
Appointment Is 1 week later , yes activating second port and will return the modem to vq after m1 is activated

May I ask which area are u staying at? I am located at south , telok blangah area and the NLT delays are horrendous with no estimated date given to me as to when they can activate. I just signed up about a week ago.

Reaction score
I don't know who are these customers getting contract price plans without contract. I see last few pages users are still renewing their plans to get the contract price. :s11:

What he is saying is that from now on, when you sign up for a new contract and after contract period ends, you will not be paying an inflated price. You will pay the same amount.

fluid_motion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What he is saying is that from now on, when you sign up for a new contract and after contract period ends, you will not be paying an inflated price. You will pay the same amount.

What I'm saying is some already mentioned they are getting this no contract at contract price a few months ago in this thread.

What you said is true. Most subscriber here don't know that you DONT need to recontract after the 24mos period elapsed. You will still enjoy the same promotional price. The only reason I can see to recontract is to get the free router. But is it worth it?

Last edited:

tt88

Reaction score
What I'm saying is some already mentioned they are getting this no contract at contract price a few months ago in this thread.

They got the no contract price for how long already? One month, two months? or 6 months and more?
My M1 contract is due soon, hope to get a better price without signing contract if it is true.

Reaction score

My 500Mbps contract from March 2018 to 2020. When my bill came (because they charge in advance), the post-contract charge was $54 a month. I called M1 and they say must recontract to get $29.90 a month.

No idea how they manage to get contract price without contract. Only the newer plans at $29.90/39.90 will not change pricing once contract ends. Either they mistaken, or got lucky.

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 500Mbps contract from March 2018 to 2020. When my bill came (because they charge in advance), the post-contract charge was $54 a month. I called M1 and they say must recontract to get $29.90 a month.

No idea how they manage to get contract price without contract. Only the newer plans at $29.90/39.90 will not change pricing once contract ends. Either they mistaken, or got lucky.

U need to find laser printer n print ur old contract from last time then u know why liao.
Or u see the old bill layout pricing.

Reaction score
U need to find laser printer n print ur old contract from last time then u know why liao.
Or u see the old bill layout pricing.

Yes I know, there was a discount tagged to the broadband in the bill. Contract over no discount.

Which is why I found it odd that some people with contracts started earlier than mine being able to get contract price without reconstructing.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry my ang moh not good.. Does prevailing means $29.90 perpetually or the no contract price in 2022?

should be no contract price... no black & white from M1 (at least I dun see it) but from my understanding is whatever price plan at that point of time. Meaning if M1 increases 500Mbps to $39.90 in 2022 then you'll pay $39.90 after your contract ends.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

check your contract printout/email pdf, if it stipulated you must pay non-promo price (mostly $54.00) after your contract ends then chances are you will not get the promo price without re-contracting.

As mentioned they are making changes to this re-contract thing so earlier batches might get lucky and still pay promo price after their contract ends.

fluid_motion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I know, there was a discount tagged to the broadband in the bill. Contract over no discount.

Which is why I found it odd that some people with contracts started earlier than mine being able to get contract price without reconstructing.

This poster claims to be paying prevailing rate without contract since nov 2019.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ssion-part-2-a-5658375-340.html#post125619411

Maybe he is an outlier since everyone else contract ended this year still got to renew otherwise pay $50+.:s13:

fluid_motion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
check your contract printout/email pdf, if it stipulated you must pay non-promo price (mostly $54.00) after your contract ends then chances are you will not get the promo price without re-contracting.

As mentioned they are making changes to this re-contract thing so earlier batches might get lucky and still pay promo price after their contract ends.

So you are saying this group of customers who didn't need to renew contract but still get the discounted rate are the lucky ones. I rest my case.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So you are saying this group of customers who didn't need to renew contract but still get the discounted rate are the lucky ones. I rest my case.

why do you bother about others, you should be looking at your own contract. If it doesn't states you have to pay $54 full price after fulfilling your contract, you have a case to argue to pay at prevailing price.

Anyway the only thing you have to do is to do a last re-contract so if you plan to stay with M1 then surely this doesn't make any difference otherwise please switch to another ISP.

fluid_motion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why do you bother about others, you should be looking at your own contract. If it doesn't states you have to pay $54 full price after fulfilling your contract, you have a case to argue to pay at prevailing price.

Anyway the only thing you have to do is to do a last re-contract so if you plan to stay with M1 then surely this doesn't make any difference otherwise please switch to another ISP.

Is it so difficult to understand that many who are currently on contract want the same deal? No one likes to get a bill shock at the end of a contract.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it so difficult to understand that many who are currently on contract want the same deal? No one likes to get a bill shock at the end of a contract.

its not too difficult to understand if you bother to read your own copy of contract and act accordingly. You'll only get a bill shock if you do NOT do your own due diligence and based on hearsay from others without proof.

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its not too difficult to understand if you bother to read your own copy of contract and act accordingly. You'll only get a bill shock if you do NOT do your own due diligence and based on hearsay from others without proof.
Lol QFT 10char

mochi8

Reaction score
I have signed up for M1 for 500mbps. The router is tp-link ac1200 which the box states 767 mbps 5ghz + 300mbps 2.4GHz. Can this router support the 500mbps plan?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.