SCB Journey Card (former known as SCB Metal X-Card)

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Not sure if they’ll wait for 11 months and come up with additional benefits when their profits are down.

They have yet to mention what is the renewal bonus.. even the signup bonus miles is for sign up not for renewal.. so don't think they will let it be 700 bucks for 2 PP visits. Just going to wait for it, already transfer my miles out anyway nothing to lose.

blueboat

Reaction score
So many people already cancelled card, hard to imagine SCB would come up with the renewal bonus so last minute. Still gonna wait tho since already paid AF last year

pacificstorm

Reaction score
So many people already cancelled card, hard to imagine SCB would come up with the renewal bonus so last minute. Still gonna wait tho since already paid AF last year

The question is why so many cancelled the card... when you can cancel it within a month after the annual fee is posted....... hahaha.

Spk307

Reaction score
The question is why so many cancelled the card... when you can cancel it within a month after the annual fee is posted....... hahaha.

Hahaha... you might be wrong.
“ This annual fee is strictly not waivable in the first year and every subsequent year, for as long as the principal X Card and supplementary X Card is active.”
Even if you hold it for one day in the subsequent year, you are liable to pay annual fee. Do you really want to take the risk?

CrashWire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha... you might be wrong.
“ This annual fee is strictly not waivable in the first year and every subsequent year, for as long as the principal X Card and supplementary X Card is active.”
Even if you hold it for one day in the subsequent year, you are liable to pay annual fee. Do you really want to take the risk?

Banks usually give a grace period when they post the annual fee. But I don't think SCB will offer anything attractive to retain customers, especially during this pandemic period.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
No lah. I haven't seen a single bank insisting you pay for the annual fees even if u cancel the card after posting annual fees. Even milelion had a post wondering why is everyone so kan chiong to cancel. Likely nothing interesting from SCB but just holding a while more doesn't matter I guess.

ChaosPaladin

Reaction score
for now still no news right on what SC X card will offer for 2nd year? i am also waiting to cancel the card if there is no attractive offer.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
for now still no news right on what SC X card will offer for 2nd year? i am also waiting to cancel the card if there is no attractive offer.

No news yet. Looks like a once off product failure. Considering they want to replace the original scb VI with X card and no action taken (rentention bonus) at all...

AshleyRiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not so sure why some of you guys so kancheong to cancel this...if they wanna charge annual fee, I just cancel. No loss from my side.

I just cash out all my points to KF and just waiting to see SCB gonna have interesting promos/make the card a must use.

So far it's so quiet and I feel Covid had probably made them less likely to beef up their offerings.

Meanwhile, the card has been in my cupboard as a paperweight collecting dust ever since I used it last year :s22:

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Not so sure why some of you guys so kancheong to cancel this...if they wanna charge annual fee, I just cancel. No loss from my side.

I just cash out all my points to KF and just waiting to see SCB gonna have interesting promos/make the card a must use.

So far it's so quiet and I feel Covid had probably made them less likely to beef up their offerings.

Meanwhile, the card has been in my cupboard as a paperweight collecting dust ever since I used it last year :s22:

My point exactly. It is always possible to cancel and not pay AF even after AF is posted

drawar

Reaction score

I canceled early because I don't see myself exchanging my cash for miles in this economy. Also I couldn't wait to be considered new-to-bank again so I can qualify for sign up gifts.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Any quick way to cancel the card without calling i?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.