Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
Transferred out liao. Money goes to GE LIFE 2 years 1.8% FD, which capital guaranteed.

http://sg.gelife.co/GSP1115400

I placed in GE for 2.7 percent 5 years from 2018. Capital and interest guaranteed.

Every year get back $6750. Theres a scheme where we can leave this interest with GE. I have 3 percent of that $6750 which is $202.50. So last 2 years is ($6750 + $202.50) x 2 years.

Not bad.

Last edited:

flyboy

Reaction score
I placed in GE for 2.7 percent 5 years from 2018. Capital and interest guaranteed.

Every year get back $6750. Theres a scheme where we can leave this interest with GE. I have 3 percent of that $6750 which is $202.50. So last 2 years is ($6750 + $202.50) x 2 years.

Not bad.

Sweet. I think in this current low interest rate enviroment, 1.8% considered good liao. Good for you that you got the 2.7, even higher than CPF OA!

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I transfer out my money and ask they to close it..

Than they reply what interest and don't want to close for me.?

Since is $0, I don't think I will get any interest right?

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

that time they told me i got around $2.50 of interest, I just tell them I forgo it as a treat to them and let them close lol, cause if I go to take it the transport fee and time already more than this liao

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that time they told me i got around $2.50 of interest, I just tell them I forgo it as a treat to them and let them close lol, cause if I go to take it the transport fee and time already more than this liao

I recall others mention can ask them to transfer to credit card, provided you have their card.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No need to go bank close account. Can send a message through Citibank online portal with a request to close the account.

DenOOO

Reaction score

I also withdraw everything few days back, shall wait for 1st Jul to see if got any surprise interest before writing in to close :s13:

Pyroxene

Reaction score
Wow the SIBOR has fallen from almost 1.9% to now 0.25%.

1 more nail in the coffin for Maxigain, if any were needed.

molangtsum

Reaction score
Still higher than maxi leh

Higher meh? Cos maxi is about 0.6 + 0.1/2 = 0.65? But the 0.6 guaranteed leh... isavvy doesn't have a guaranteed portion..

But now cimb, isavvy, etc all drop, maxi should be ok to hold ba.. if i have already held out til now

flyboy

Reaction score

I emptied my account and left $1 on 1 June for the entire month. 30 June received $32 of interest. This $32 interest was actually earned for the deposits on the month of May. No harm keeping $1 for one month and wait for any interest to come in just in case. We have MAS as backing to prevent them from levying fall below fee on us.

After my interest is in, I transferred out the $1 and messaged to close the account with immediate effect.

DenOOO

Reaction score
Emptied my balance on June 1st.

And gotten interest on July 1st, should be from May's.

Those who are emptying the account, please leave it for a month.

I have already clarified and $0 is fine, no fees will be charged.

Last edited:

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
Higher meh? Cos maxi is about 0.6 + 0.1/2 = 0.65? But the 0.6 guaranteed leh... isavvy doesn't have a guaranteed portion..

But now cimb, isavvy, etc all drop, maxi should be ok to hold ba.. if i have already held out til now
SIBOR not 0.25 meh?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.