Replacing faulty LED on Logitech G Pro keyboard

crazyjero

Reaction score
Hello, would anybody know what LED does the Logitech G Pro keyboard uses? A few of the LEDs are faulty and I'm looking to replace them. TIA :)

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just change my g512 from kiara due to led faulty

Northernray

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RMA the keyboard if under warranty. Logitech mechanical keyboard using RomerG switches are using SMD LED at the center of the switch, different from Cherry MX with the LED at the upper edge of the switch.

crazyjero

Reaction score
Hmm, my warranty is over, so I'll need to diy myself. >.<

That said, the service center only opens on weekdays (office hours) - a bit hard to slip away from work to bring it all the way there.

Would anyone know which SMD led type to get for this darn keyboard...I'm get annoyed whenever I see 'off-color' on various keys, sigh.

That said, are faulty LEDs apparent in most or in not all RGB keyboards? - They breakdown over time?

Last edited:

Northernray

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't check the exact model of the LED when I fixed 4 keys on my son's G810. I remembered the LED is square type about 4mm x 4mm sit right at the center beneath the RomerG switch.

LED be it single or tri-colour will degrade over time. However, Logitech's SMD LEDs fail rate seem on the higher side compare to other mechanical keyboard using SMD LEDs. There are 2 types of SMD tri-colour LEDs, 1 is common anode and the other common cathode. Not sure which one unless desolder one of them and test it with MM.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.